La Croix Pan (v1.1)

Started by TheJBurger, Wed 13/06/2007 01:10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflict

Nice one Jburger, really enjoyed the title. I just got slightly annoyed with the way the sniper gun jumps after you click. It sometimes felt that even though I shot the guy it didn't hit him.

But screw that the game was awesome, I would of loved to see a hide function like in time crisis or something, where I can hide when I want to. Instead of being forced to reload and then come up whenever the reload is finished.

As for leaving the enemy alive... didn't you guys watch saving private Ryan?

The game is awesome, I enjoyed it and it was well worth the +/- 30 minutes it took to finish it.

passer-by

Nice game. Action and graphics felt like mohaa, which I liked.

Groogokk

Quote from: Afflict on Fri 22/06/2007 05:44:23
As for leaving the enemy alive... didn't you guys watch saving private Ryan?

Leaving him alive doesn't automatically mean that you'll let him run off to come back and stab you in the chest later on. How about taking him prisoner?

strazer

Quote from: TheJBurger on Fri 22/06/2007 03:25:15
I just replaced the plugin and used an overlay instead. Try downloading it and tell me if it works.

Works great, thank you so much! Great game!

Edit:

Btw, small bug: If you close the door from the inside, you can still walk through it.

Polaroid

Quote from: TheJBurger on Wed 20/06/2007 23:28:38
Quote from: Polaroid on Wed 20/06/2007 22:27:26
I enjoyed this. Great atmoshpere.
Loved the opnening sequence.

However, I have to say the door"puzzle" was a bit uninspired.

Care to elaborate?
Well, it's such a standard type of puzzle.
Almost every adventure game has a door-puzzle.

And since this is such a short game, with only 2-3 puzzles, I think it's kinda boring that one of them is a door-puzzle.

But this is just a very minor gripe, really.
It was kinda fun to solve and suited the setting very well, so I hardly mind at all.

TheJBurger

Quote from: Afflict on Fri 22/06/2007 05:44:23
Nice one Jburger, really enjoyed the title. I just got slightly annoyed with the way the sniper gun jumps after you click. It sometimes felt that even though I shot the guy it didn't hit him.
Yeah, I tried to incorporate "realism" into the game. If you're wondering whether or not you shot the guy, some blood should show (presuming the enemy soldiers are close enough for you to see blood.)

But screw that the game was awesome, I would of loved to see a hide function like in time crisis or something, where I can hide when I want to. Instead of being forced to reload and then come up whenever the reload is finished.
I haven't played that game, but that would be an interesting feature. Although I don't really know what purpose it would serve except to pause the action.

Quote from: strazer on Fri 22/06/2007 14:18:22
Btw, small bug: If you close the door from the inside, you can still walk through it.
Thanks for spotting this. It's fixed in the new version.
Quote from: Polaroid on Fri 22/06/2007 18:54:42
Quote from: TheJBurger on Wed 20/06/2007 23:28:38
Quote from: Polaroid on Wed 20/06/2007 22:27:26
I enjoyed this. Great atmoshpere.
Loved the opnening sequence.

However, I have to say the door"puzzle" was a bit uninspired.

Care to elaborate?
Well, it's such a standard type of puzzle.
Almost every adventure game has a door-puzzle.

And since this is such a short game, with only 2-3 puzzles, I think it's kinda boring that one of them is a door-puzzle.

But this is just a very minor gripe, really.
It was kinda fun to solve and suited the setting very well, so I hardly mind at all.
Yeah, I guess door puzzles are kind of boring, but I had it in mind for the setting, and I thought my take was unique enough on it to incorporate it into the game.

Thanks for playing and commenting everyone! I appreciate all of your feedback.

Steel Drummer

Any chance of releasing an updated version with the 'alternate ending'?
I'm composing the music for this game:

TheJBurger

Quote from: Steel Drummer on Sat 23/06/2007 20:26:47
Any chance of releasing an updated version with the 'alternate ending'?
I'm not planning to change the ending.

It was not what I had intended when I made the game.  :)

Afflict

I Honestly feel the game is intended as it was meant to be & I love the way it is. I don't think Jburger should work any further on it except for bugs or tech enhancement.

AJCF

I'm really stuck in the part when I have to go down the ladder in the tower and I am confronted by the german soldier, can anyone lend me a hand?

:=

TheJBurger

Quote from: AJCF on Sun 24/06/2007 19:04:21
I'm really stuck in the part when I have to go down the ladder in the tower and I am confronted by the german soldier, can anyone lend me a hand?

:=
Try looking at the tips in this thread.

If you're still stuck, you can try posting in that thread.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Since it's been bumped...

I just played the game. One of the ways I rate games is: if it makes me feel as though I'm actually *there* (even if if's a 3rd person game - Gabe Knight 1 made me feel that way), then I praise the game as extraordinarily good.

And for the first time ever, in a sniper-style mini-game, I felt my forehead sweating as I took careful aim and kept a careful eye on my ammo supply.

Which is the highest praise I can possibly give to any game.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

TheJBurger

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Tue 26/06/2007 01:03:29
Since it's been bumped...

I just played the game. One of the ways I rate games is: if it makes me feel as though I'm actually *there* (even if if's a 3rd person game - Gabe Knight 1 made me feel that way), then I praise the game as extraordinarily good.

And for the first time ever, in a sniper-style mini-game, I felt my forehead sweating as I took careful aim and kept a careful eye on my ammo supply.

Which is the highest praise I can possibly give to any game.

Thanks, comments like that mean a lot to me, even if it means "bumping" the thread.

Minimi

Can someone upload again, as the link is broken :(

Vince Twelve

Sorry, my server has been a little flakey today.  I've got to have a word with my host.  Try again in an hour or so.  Or of course, someone can put up a quick mirror.

Stupot

This game is great in every way... but... I can't kill all the soldiers without getting killed first.  I'm not saying you should make it easier because everyone else seems to have coped alright, but it's a shame because it means I can't play the rest of the game.
Curse me and my lameness at shooting games.
Spose I should go and spend a few coins on house of the dead 4 for some practice.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

HEh, I had the first problem when I first played the game. But on my second run-through, I didn't even get scratched.

Spoiler
Out of curiosity, how does it all happen? Are we supposed to duck when we hear their bullets (they come in regular periods of time)? If so, how? Or is it all just luck?
[close]

Kneel. Now.

TheJBurger

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 06/07/2007 10:32:12
This game is great in every way... but... I can't kill all the soldiers without getting killed first.  I'm not saying you should make it easier because everyone else seems to have coped alright, but it's a shame because it means I can't play the rest of the game.
Curse me and my lameness at shooting games.
Spose I should go and spend a few coins on house of the dead 4 for some practice.

A little (okay, big) hint if you're having trouble to shoot the soldiers:
Spoiler
Wait for them to get closer down the road, perhaps near the car, aim for the head, and use breathing to your advantage.
[close]

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Fri 06/07/2007 10:44:53
HEh, I had the first problem when I first played the game. But on my second run-through, I didn't even get scratched.

Spoiler
Out of curiosity, how does it all happen? Are we supposed to duck when we hear their bullets (they come in regular periods of time)? If so, how? Or is it all just luck?
[close]

The code kind of goes something like this:
Spoiler
The soldiers spot you at random times, (partially) depending on how close they are to you. Once they spot you, they start firing and it's random if the bullets hit you or not, once again depending on how close they are to you (but only barely).
[close]
Does that answer your question?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Yep, it does. Thanks muchly.

Kneel. Now.

Stupot

Quote from: TheJBurger on Fri 06/07/2007 18:14:51

A little (okay, big) hint if you're having trouble to shoot the soldiers:
Spoiler
Wait for them to get closer down the road, perhaps near the car, aim for the head, and use breathing to your advantage.
[close]

Ahh, cool.  Right, I'm inspired to give it another bash.

[EDIT]
Nah... Still can't do it.  What's wrong with me?
Once a guy starts shooting at me I can't win because he always keeps shooting me before the breathing is ready for me to pick him off.

*cries*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk