La Croix Pan (v1.1)

Started by TheJBurger, Wed 13/06/2007 01:10:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

I'm gonna repeat here what I've already told Jburger in a PM.

It took me a few too many goes to complete due to lack of brain cells and no coordination, but I finally managed it.

The ending was brilliant and the game as a whole is excellent.  I look forward to seeing more from you in the not-too-distant future.

Another thing... I really liked the effect of the room lightening and darkening when you open and close the door... nice touch you dont often see in AGS games.

Chroelle

To other that experience problems with getting through this game I can tell that I wrote a walkthrough for the game just after playing it. I couldn't get myself to be finished with the game after such a (sadly) brief encounter. TheJBurger - you know I think you did something awesome here.
You can find the walkthrough (and the game)on my site:
http://curlysworldoffreeware.com/game_info.php?gameid=95

Just so you wont get confused...There is a problem with ratings, which we are working on getting fixed, so if the game is getting 2 out of 6 it should be getting 4,66 out of 6.
CWF Freeware. We are going to be the biggest freeware site ever. Trust me on this.

pslim

This is a great first effort. You simulated the sniping zoom in AA admirably, and the game was extremely atmospheric. I really felt like I was in WWII.

dunnoson

nice graphics!  downloading it now
currently working on:

I am in the Brainstorming stage.  Also am trying to gather a team.
I am committing to this game.

Thinking about creating another game, NCIS themed.

dunnoson

FINISHED! 

THIS IS A COOL GAME!!!

This game has nice graphics and good playability.  Author is also thoughtful to add in an autosave.
currently working on:

I am in the Brainstorming stage.  Also am trying to gather a team.
I am committing to this game.

Thinking about creating another game, NCIS themed.

TheJBurger

Thanks for playing and commenting everybody.

TheJBurger

Just a small note to anyone who is interested: The game has been translated into Russian and Hungarian.
Feel free to send me any bug reports or errors that you encounter. There is a known graphical glitch with a certain GUI on the Russian translation, but it's not going to be fixed.

The download file has been replaced, and you must use setup to switch between languages.

Pinkel

I've played this game a while ago and thought it was great. First thing - the graphics. Backgrounds are just beautiful. They're very detailed and climatic. Animations are really neat too. In my opinion, La Croix Pan looks better than most of commercial adventure games from 90s. You, sir, are a seriously talented artist.  :)
The most important part of any game - gameplay - is another awesome thing here. Classic inventory puzzles are rather simple and easy, but action fragments improve playability a lot. I'm mainly talking about sniping part. It's not easy to create a shooter in Adventure Game Studio.
Great game and great beggining of the Joshua Nuernberger career as an indie game creator.  :)

EDIT: @down
I just really loved this game, don't bash me! xD

Armageddon

TheJBurger

No prob. Thanks for playing!

sincaruk

It's seems so Dark... Playing and enjoying now  :D
Don't follow me cause I'm lost too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk