The Knobbly Crook

Started by Bavolis, Thu 21/06/2007 05:55:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Bavolis

I got the 5-frame background animation to work pretty well with the water motion. It looks like the boat is moving ridiculously fast, which wasn't my intent, but I kind of like it!

Edit: Made it much more convincing as water behavior:

Draft Horse Take 2

arj0n

It also looks like steam. A real steampunk boat  ;)

Bavolis

I was playing with steam coming out of the tops of the "hooves" as well. Wasn't able to get it looking how I wanted yet.

Bavolis

Is everyone else getting the IMAGE BLOCKED error on the first page? Is that a forum error or a hosting error? I'm familiar with a red x, but have not seen a text message like that before. I've also used the same service for years and never seen anything blocked. Trying to figure out if I need to move them.

Edit: Posted in the forum upgrade bug thread. It seems to be impacting anyone using resizing tags in their IMG posts.

Bavolis

Here we've got a zoom in on the Gummerlung pens, which are the prize "balls" of the different champion Gummerlung teams. The handler has to take extra precautions because Knobbcrookians are part metal (linked to Scissors) and Gummerlungs are rocks. Rocks beat (in this case, *eat*) scissors, of course. So... the Gummerlung handlers feed them paper to keep them docile (because paper beats rock). One of O'Sirus' first puzzles will be to find a specific piece of small metal for each Gummerlung to get them agitated as he works to change the route of the Draft Horse.

CosmoQueen

Oh Lordy this looks AMAZING!! Please tell me this isn't going to be free! I'd feel quite terrible playing a game this high quality without paying you something for it.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Bavolis

Quote from: CosmoQueen on Sun 20/05/2012 12:22:34
Oh Lordy this looks AMAZING!! Please tell me this isn't going to be free! I'd feel quite terrible playing a game this high quality without paying you something for it.

Thanks! The goal right now is to release it free, but to set up a way where people who enjoyed it and would like to see a sequel can donate whatever they want. I'm also considering setting up a Kickstarter (once the first little "chapter" on the boat is done) to try to fund a nice little animated intro(which would take me forever). The hard part for me is I work on other games 9-5 at work, then come home and work on this game 7:30-midnight. I'd love to be able to work at home on just my own games full time and get these out faster, so maybe the kickstarter for a potential sequel could be "I need help paying MY yearly salary to make this game!" :)

CosmoQueen

KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Bavolis

The website/blogthing is now live. Still cleaning up some dust, but I plan to keep it updated often with characters, progress, and lore:

Bavolis

Here's a WIP shot of inside the horse's head. Yes, it's icky:

I had to flip it to make better navigation sense as you transition into it. Also, the teeth were WAY too small to be inside the mouth, so I've remedied that and made this just the mouth interior:

LTGiants2000

Quote from: Bavolis on Tue 29/05/2012 12:47:08
Here's a WIP shot of inside the horse's head. Yes, it's icky:

LOL this picture is very difficult to tell what I'm looking at....but it looks fun as heck!

Bavolis

Quote from: LTGiants2000 on Tue 29/05/2012 16:23:31
LOL this picture is very difficult to tell what I'm looking at....but it looks fun as heck!

The detailed part is actually the rotting remains of the horse's tongue, which will be twitching. Yum.

Bavolis

Another in-progress shot. The next one will be the final one. You can see the ancient, crackled teeth in there now. I plan to have a peek outside the horse's mouth on the right there to keep with the theme of seeing moving water in all these backgrounds. The thing in the middle is going to be a periscope (and will also have a steering wheel) for the captain to show that this thing can submerge, too.

EchosofNezhyt

YOU DREW THIS. :O

YOU DREW THIS WITH A MOUSE :O

All jokes aside looks Beeeeeeautiful! Seriously in my top 5 favorite art styles.

All the best luck to you, Even if you don't need seeing as your so skilled!

Bavolis

Thanks! I may need a little luck in squeezing art time into my schedule :)

Bavolis

Finally done (other than the animated objects and characters in the room). You can now watch the waves going by through the side of the mouth. The captain's chair will be on the glowing circle.

Edgar_España

Well, this looks incredible!! I will have to closely follow your work!

Congratulations!

Crimson Wizard

This is utterly amazing. The graphic style is so original, I simply cannot remember I've seen anything like this in any other game, either AGS or not. Probably reminds me some surrealists art...

I wish you best luck with the project.

Bavolis

Thanks, both of you. The feedback I've been getting here is definitely huge motivation to keep moving forward.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk