The Knobbly Crook

Started by Bavolis, Thu 21/06/2007 05:55:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Matti

Good to hear this game is still in development. Nice new screens, keep it up!

Giraffadon

Such a fantastic looking game.
Good luck getting it finished. :)

Bavolis

Thanks, folks! Right now there is no luck involved - it's pure force of will and Netflix's ability to keep feeding me more bad movie fuel so I can watch as I work. (laugh)

SilverSpook

Thank Gad for Netflix eh!  Although it would be kind of great if they could add some non-b-list flickage to the sci-fi/fantasy section once a Neptunian year.  Is that so much to ask, giant Blockbuster and movie theater-devouring megacorporation!?!?

Anyways, looks positively edible, sir.  Especially that giant chocolate Cadberry egg sitting atop the boulderey Hobbit-house prison thing.  Mmm mmm, why if I was 20 years younger and without type II diabetes....

Bavolis

I think you're going to find it less edible now. I hated to kill the chocolate egg, but it was really a doorway :) It does make me want to do a Willy Wonka AGS game though. Here's the final look for the entrance to the Horse's Ass room: 

One room, a short cinematic, and hooking up all the puzzles and then I have the Drafthorse puzzle hub complete!

arj0n

Amazing artstyle, Bavolis.
Love it.

Bavolis

Bavolis

Coogal the Calculator:

Bavolis

This weekend brought to you by meat. WIP, of course.

Bavolis

Update 2. (btw if I'm causing any problems doing the step by step posts, let me know. I find it interesting when other people do this online).

Update 3:

CrashPL

The graphics and the general art direction remindes me of an old adventure game, Cosmology Of Kyoto. And that's a grand thing, as I really enjoyed CoK. Everything looks great so far, keep up the good work! :)

Bavolis

Thank you! How did I miss this game? It looks like something that definitely would have inspired me, had I played it. I will fix that problem ASAP. :)

Bavolis

I've updated the demo - note that the sounds (other than music) have been removed, but many of the puzzles now work and their animated sequences are in order. Puzzles have not yet been hooked up to the Gummerlungs and once you figure out how to reach the stomach room, it's not ready yet (but you can certainly walk around in there and admire the organs). I expect to have the first "episode" ready by the end of January if all goes well - which has you finding a way off the boat. It will be 100% free.

Download the December Demo

Bavolis

I've added a walkthrough of the first episode, showing some of the conversations and puzzles (spoilers of course). A lot's been added over the holidays, including the contrast/colors. I think it looks even better now.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53lAznZweVQ

The Demo's been updated as well: http://knobblycrook.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/TheKnobblyCrook.zip

AnasAbdin

I just tried the demo. Loved it of course! The music, the style, the graphics... where should I begin! Keep up the good work, you don't need my best wishes cos I can't wish you better than what you did (nod)

Bavolis

Thank you :) I do wish I could move faster. I know exactly where I want to go and I work hours every night to get there, but it feels like running in slow motion.

AnasAbdin

It's ok ;) take your time. From where you are standing now, you really did a great job in production terms. No need to compromise your quality to fulfill non existing deadlines! I can't even imagine how the game would look like as a finished product! Are you considering adding speech?

Bavolis

Yes - there will be speech (and sound effects!). I'm not sure if I'll get those in for the first free "episode," but definitely when I stitch the whole thing together.

Kasander

Quote from: Bavolis on Sun 18/01/2015 14:39:11
Thank you :) I do wish I could move faster. I know exactly where I want to go and I work hours every night to get there, but it feels like running in slow motion.
I was talking to a friend last night about TKC, so it's good to check back on forums and see that you're not slowing down! If only Mr Hyde could swap places with Dr Jekyll ;) Also, we should all have life remote controls with slomo, pause, rewind and fast forward buttons... Oh well. Carry on with with TKC Bavolis, don't let life press stop! :)

PS: Man, gotta love that Horse's Ass! (sorry, couldn't help myself) (laugh)

Bavolis

Not slowing down - just slow! Thanks :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk