Animation competiton (Winner announced)

Started by Maverick, Fri 20/07/2007 14:49:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

Rules:

A sprite is supplied, with a theme.
Participants must use the given sprite for their animation  (In this case only kinda...)
Each competition will last 11 days (-ish)
The starter of each competition will decide on the winner.
The winner, who will decide on the next competition's theme, must also supply a sprite.

Theme
Make our feline friend do something (play with a ball of string, run, walk, jump or whatever).

Good luck!

EDIT!
New sprite uploaded.

ildu

You might want to supply a pixel perfect sprite instead of a resized one.

Maverick

Sorry about that guys. Uploaded the wrong sprite.
Thanks for pointing this out Ildu.

yarooze

No entrys?  ???

ok, this is not the kind of sprites we like to animate...  :-\

But if you don't make any entrys, this animation wins!  ;)

If you can't see it, here is the link to the picture:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2095/catwalk007xtu7.gif

My Blog

Morgana

This is my very first post in this forum and I assume it is ok for me to reserve this space for my entry. It should be ready before the closing date.

EDIT
This is my attempt to animate a cat that starts off at a trot and the speeds up to jump over a ball. Maverick I hope you don't mind that I changed the original sprite, as the hind legs were the wrong way round ???. I know background effect will not be judged but it just made it easier for me to animate the cat.

Yarooze
Nothing at my end either.

Maverick

Yarooze

Can you check the link on your animation please? Doesn't want to load when I open the thread.

Morgana
Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to your animation.

yarooze

Quote from: Maverick on Sun 29/07/2007 12:58:53
Yarooze
Can you check the link on your animation please? Doesn't want to load when I open the thread.
Can you see it now?

2 Morgana: Welcome! ;)

My Blog

vertigoaddict

I know there's only about a day left, but could you please extend the deadline? just by a day?

Maverick

Vertigo

Extended till 1/8/2007

Yarooze
It seems that their is a problem with the server you uploaded to cause all I get is "GATEWAY TIMEOUT"

yarooze

2 Maverick: I sent my gif to you via email.

2 all: Has anybody the problems with my picture? If yes, please PM me,  I have to check what's going wrong...  ???
My Blog

Afflict

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Quote2 all: Has anybody the problems with my picture?

Nope. It's the big cat walking, ain't it? Displays ok here. He jerks a bit, though, don't he?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Maverick

Morgana
You are correct about the leg positions :-[.Nice job on the animation! As for everyone else please accept my humble apology for the peg leg cat. This is what it should have looked liked.

Yarooze
I took the liberty of uploading your animation for those of us who couldn't access it. Great job btw!

vertigoaddict

Tada!

Kitty Karate Kick!

One problem here I have is I don't know how to do the background transparent thingy... oh well.

EDIT:

I just noticed! If I win this one, I'll be in the hall of fame! wheet! *fingers crossed and burnt to chacoal and put into water and turns to dust and cries in unbelievable pain*

Afflict

Hehe, the entries are interesting.

I feel however that they were sort of rushed, (which I understand) people have lives to live. However I feel some minor changes could of been done to round of the animations better.

* Extra frames
* Transparent Backgrounds
* Attention to the little subtle animations

Goodluck to all!

Maverick

The verdict is in.
First place: Morgana
In my opinion the most fluent animation.
Second place: Yarooze
A good attempt but like RUI said "He jerks a bit doesn't he"
Third place: Vertigoaddict
Two thumbs up for being very original!!

I'm not and expert at animation myself but I think we can all learn from Afflict's post above.

Congrats to all and thanks for entering. Let's see if we can raise the stakes for the next round.

Morgana

Yipeee!!!!

I cannot believe that I've won.

Afflict
Thanks for the advise!!

Congratulations to everyone else and I hope that you'll all enter the next round. I'll start the next round by Monday.

Maverick
Thanks for the cute trofees!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk