HillBilly

EARL MANSIN: THE BREAKOUT 1.1

DOWNLOAD HERE
(Roughly 66,6MB)
Version 1.1 out now! Download today!

Peder 🚀

Congrats on finishing the game!

I am downloading right now!
Ill edit my post with feedback when Ive played it a bit!

edit:
DAMN!
This was definitly worth the wait!
This is brilliant!

I love the game!
Awesome intro!
Great puzzles, great story, music and voice acting!
Still trying to finish it ;D.

Also just found small (non serious) a bug:
Spoiler
if you turn light off then shut the "door" on the circuit box and bite off the wire, when he then go to turn light back on the door just keeps shut when he turn the light back on, then he close the closed door.
[close]

Leonard LePage

Awesome! I've been waiting so long for this!

Downloading now...

i k a r i

Wow cool!, at last!  ;D
I'm downloading pretty fast right now, I'll post some feedback later, altough I can already say I'm gonna love it  :=

EDIT: Niiiice game!!, Im enjoying it a lot, I love the cutscenes, the main character, the MUSIC! (wow), everything is superb, congratulations, and thanks for this game!
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Candle

Roughly 170MB zipped ? why games getting so big?

Peder 🚀

Candle:
Because they include well made cutscenes, pro music and speech ;D.

tube

Code: ags
An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this
is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 2.72.920)

in Room script (line 33)

Error: NewRoom: Cannot run this command, since there is a RestartGame command already queued to run

Drat. It seems Earl's not in speaking terms with AGS Linux. I'll have to hunt down a windows box to play this one...

Nikolas

HAHA!

YAY!

Billy, I won't edit my post, I will repost when I've played this! Just one short question: Why not offer a zip and a rar folder? in rar this could very well be rather less than 170 Mb... (in RAR it's 128 Mb, for anyone wondering. It's not THAT big a difference really)

Still this is one of the games I've been really looking forward to!

Quote from: HillBilly on Sun 01/07/2007 18:50:20
If anyone has any tips on how to get the game "out there", besides just sitting around, please do tell.

Post on forums about indie games/adventure games?
www.cgempire.com
http://www.justadventure.com/
http://www.mysterymanor.net/forum/index.php?sid=73a4ceb3c8d425149ce85bdbfe094644
http://www.gameboomers.com/
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/index.php
http://www.adventuredevelopers.com/index.php
http://forums.cgsociety.org/

Banners also help, as well as (even) communities like myspace, facebook, etc...

Contact also magazines, etc, to include the game in their CD offerings?

Ok enough for a first post with no impressions... I'll be back sooner or later.

Kt

I cant get this game to work.After I download it and try to extract it,it says there are no files.

Nlogax

TripOne

Cool one, but the cutsceens (including the intro) runs just like fast forward but not the audio (it's cut when the FF ends). Tryed several winsetup.exe options and the compatibility options. Nothing worked.

Win XP Home and Win XP 64bit Pro with the latest updates.

Any ideas?

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Kt on Mon 02/07/2007 03:27:45
I cant get this game to work.After I download it and try to extract it,it says there are no files.

Redownload, first time I downloaded it took 1 second and it was done, for some reason it did not download the whole archive..

peter

i get a error when i click new game

Video playing error
idirectdrawmediastream getformat failet

but i can play the game ?

HillBilly

Quote from: i k a are i on Sun 01/07/2007 20:45:18EDIT: Niiiice game!!, Im enjoying it a lot, I love the cutscenes, the main character, the MUSIC! (wow), everything is superb, congratulations, and thanks for this game!

Glad you like it! For those interested, you can download the soundtrack here or here. Use the first if you want just one or two tracks, and the second if you want it all properly labeled.

Quote from: Nikolas on Mon 02/07/2007 00:13:25Billy, I won't edit my post, I will repost when I've played this! Just one short question: Why not offer a zip and a rar folder? in rar this could very well be rather less than 170 Mb... (in RAR it's 128 Mb, for anyone wondering. It's not THAT big a difference really)

In the next version, with the various bugs that will/has been found fixed, I'll offer a .rar option and an .exe installer option if that helps.

Quote from: TripOne on Mon 02/07/2007 10:07:28
Cool one, but the cutsceens (including the intro) runs just like fast forward but not the audio (it's cut when the FF ends). Tryed several winsetup.exe options and the compatibility options. Nothing worked.

Win XP Home and Win XP 64bit Pro with the latest updates.

Any ideas?

I find this odd. The videos require the Cinepak Codec by Radius, but that should be included in all new computers since Windows 95.

On all the computers I tested the game on it worked fine, so I have no idea.

Quote from: peter on Mon 02/07/2007 14:18:51
i get a error in the start

Where does this error appear and in what form? Is it an error from the AGS engine or the standard Windows warning window? Does the cutscenes work?

Jon

I have been waiting for this for months! Great game.

peter

Quote from: peter on Mon 02/07/2007 14:18:51
i get a error in the start

Where does this error appear and in what form? Is it an error from the AGS engine or the standard Windows warning window? Does the cutscenes work?
[/quote]
I did get this when i click new game and when i click  then on the screen the game start with no intro

I did have problems with the Iccvid.dll. i have put the dll in the windows/system32 folder and it works now.  its has nothing to do with the game it was my computer :)
Thanks

TripOne

Quote from: HillBilly
I find this odd. The videos require the Cinepak Codec by Radius, but that should be included in all new computers since Windows 95.

On all the computers I tested the game on it worked fine, so I have no idea.

So, cheating, hum? Can't code a proper cutsceeen, hum? :)
and
Aaaaah, I always knew that Anime was evul, but DAMN it's sweet!!!

Ok, cleared of jokes now; Once you mentioned it was a codec, I tryed to substitute mine for that site's and didn't worked, so I thought it could only be CCCP(Combined Community Codec Pack)(I just had XP Home reinstalled). It worked. Now let's see if I can finish this before the Anime fever comes down on me.
Thanks for the tip. ;)
Off to the game now.

HillBilly

Quote from: TripOne on Mon 02/07/2007 21:32:16Ok, cleared of jokes now; Once you mentioned it was a codec, I tryed to substitute mine for that site's and didn't worked, so I thought it could only be CCCP(Combined Community Codec Pack)(I just had XP Home reinstalled). It worked. Now let's see if I can finish this before the Anime fever comes down on me.
Thanks for the tip. ;)

What solved the problem? Installing or uninstalling CCCP? This could be useful information for people with the same problem in the future.

Also glad you got the game to work.

HillBilly

The website is up, thanks to Peder for setting it all up for me. It'll take 1-2 hours before it's fully functional though.

TaH

Is the hammer supposed to disappear after second guard is put asleep?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk