Earl Mansin: The Breakout 1.1

Started by HillBilly, Sun 01/07/2007 18:50:20

Previous topic - Next topic

HillBilly

Quote from: TaH on Tue 03/07/2007 07:33:05
Spoiler
Is the hammer supposed to disappear after second guard is put asleep?
[close]

No. Does it?

AlenKaCZ

Can't download it. It says that the site is suspended. Can you fix it? Thx ... Lookin forward to play your game ...  :)

Mandarell

Does this game work with Vista?
It doesnt for me,when i click new game the screen turns black and
a guy talks in 10-15 seconds and thats it? ???
Please help,really wanna play your game. :)

HillBilly

Quote from: AlenKaCZ on Tue 03/07/2007 10:42:59
Can't download it. It says that the site is suspended. Can you fix it? Thx ... Lookin forward to play your game ...  :)

This is currently being looked into. Thanks for notifying me.

Quote from: Mandarell on Tue 03/07/2007 12:11:26Does this game work with Vista? It doesnt for me,when i click new game the screen turns black and a guy talks in 10-15 seconds and thats it? ???

If I remember correctly AGS does not officially support Vista, and I haven't tried it on that OS myself, but try running it with Windows 98/XP compatibility mode, alternatively with administrator privileges. That's all the information I found. Messing around with winsetup.exe may also solve some issues.

If you get the game to run, please tell me how and I'll add it to the FAQ. :)

Mandarell

Quote from: Mandarell on Tue 03/07/2007 12:11:26Does this game work with Vista? It doesnt for me,when i click new game the screen turns black and a guy talks in 10-15 seconds and thats it? ???

If I remember correctly AGS does not officially support Vista, and I haven't tried it on that OS myself, but try running it with Windows 98/XP compatibility mode, alternatively with administrator privileges. That's all the information I found. Messing around with winsetup.exe may also solve some issues.

If you get the game to run, please tell me how and I'll add it to the FAQ. :)
[/quote]

Tried the above right now but with no luck :(

Peder 🚀

SPYDAVE

Just finished it and wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I enjoyed this game!

The art style is very pleasing and the puzzles made you think without being too difficult (very logical puzzles)! ... Looking forward to more Earl!!!

FYI ... the hammer also disappeared with me. I restarted a saved game, played through it again and kept the hammer (no idea what I did before to cause it to disappear).

I also played the game on Vista. The game gave me no problems so I'm sorry I can't help you there Mandarell.

TripOne

Quote from: HillBilly
What solved the problem? Installing or uninstalling CCCP? This could be useful information for people with the same problem in the future.

Also glad you got the game to work.

Uninstalling CCCP.
Mind you that I didn't even tryed to fiddle with some of it's options. Installing it again isn't that troublesome anyway.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Glad too see you finally got the game released.  Nice work all around!

Venus

Quote from: HillBilly on Tue 03/07/2007 10:09:30
Quote from: TaH on Tue 03/07/2007 07:33:05
Spoiler
Is the hammer supposed to disappear after second guard is put asleep?
[close]

No. Does it?

I've had that problem, too. Had to go back to an earlier savegame to finish the game...
Apart from that nice game.

supersnake52

Quote from: Mandarell on Tue 03/07/2007 12:11:26

I have this exact problem but im using winXP pro.

I tired to dl this codec pack but i can't dl it from the website!!!

Frodo

Go to the game setup, and tick 640 x 400 and Anti alias (fast cpus only) in the graphics settings.  That should work.   :)

cobra79

Very nice game. The puzzles were great, the graphics charming and the voice acting superb. No bugs for me and really smooth gameplay. The only odd thing I encountered was that the game shut down after the dying sequences and after the outro. I guess this was intentional but I would prefer if you could go back to the start screen instead.

Mandarell

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 04/07/2007 02:45:54

Go to the game setup, and tick 640 x 400 and Anti alias (fast cpus only) in the graphics settings.  That should work.   :)

Thats default setup and that usually work,because i have played many other AGS-games without problems,but thanks anyway.  ;)

And i saw that @supersnake52 had the same problem with winxp-pro,
so i dont think that Vista is the problem.

Besh

"Spread our codes to the stars,
You can rescue us all"
- Muse

Mandarell

I made a way around the problem instead of solving it.
I tried the game on my old computer with winxp and it worked fine,so i just made a gamesave and put it in Vista-pc and clicked load game and it worked fine there too.
There must be something with the intro the computer dont like,but now i gotta play,bye  ;D ;)

EDIT: Well,that didnt last long,came to the place where i opened the door and then.....a black screen again  :'(  Think i give up for now

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Mandarell on Wed 04/07/2007 21:20:45
I tried the game on my old computer with winxp and it worked fine

But youve allready solved!
Just play it on your old computer!!

AlenkaCZ

when i click new game the screen turns black and
I've got the same problem, but I am using Win Xp so probably it doesn't matter which Windows do you have. I am going to try it on my older computer and I hope it will be OK (because the game looks so cool). But I will appreciate if you try to fix it :-)

AlenkaCZ

Quote from: Mandarell on Wed 04/07/2007 21:20:45
so i just made a gamesave and put it in Vista-pc and clicked load game and it worked fine there too.
Can U pls send me the save, so I can also finally play the game? I am really desperate, I try to download game on my second computer and there was another error  :). So if you will be so kind, send me it to varkockova.a (at) seznam.cz . Thx a lot.

Snarky

Very cool little game, HillBilly. I just took a look in the mirror when I woke up this morning (before shaving or washing my hair), and I realized that Earl Mansin looks a lot more like me than any other adventure game character.  :-[

Some of the puzzles pissed me off, though:

Spoiler
When I'd got the first sheet, I wanted to just cut off a small piece to make a chloroform rag. Earl refuses, and instead I have to click on a secret hotspot in the clothes bin to find one. Also, when the sheet wasn't long enough for a rope, I immediately tried cutting it in strips, but Earl wouldn't use the scissors then either. But then it turns out this was the right solution after all! I just had to pick up the other sheets first. Extremely frustrating. There should at least be feedback when you try reasonable actions that would accomplish the task at hand. Also, after throwing the brick the first time it disappears inside the case, and can neither be seen nor clicked on. The game gives no indication that it can be picked up again. That's pretty unfair.
[close]

If it wasn't for the walkthrough I don't think I would have completed the game. It isn't fun to know how a puzzle should be solved but not be able to do it because the game insists on doing the actions a certain way or in a certain order. Hopefully you'll take this in the spirit it's intended: constructive criticism.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk