Earl Mansin: The Breakout 1.1

Started by HillBilly, Sun 01/07/2007 18:50:20

Previous topic - Next topic

forest_guru

I run the game, press new game and *bah* Black screen with voice in background... Windows XP, installed cccp codecs and nothing changed... please change video codec... I really want to play this game  :'(

paperella007

hello, could you give the solution of earl mansin please?
thank you
bye bye
Quote from: Snarky on Thu 05/07/2007 15:39:39
Very cool little game, HillBilly. I just took a look in the mirror when I woke up this morning (before shaving or washing my hair), and I realized that Earl Mansin looks a lot more like me than any other adventure game character.  :-[

Some of the puzzles pissed me off, though:

Spoiler
When I'd got the first sheet, I wanted to just cut off a small piece to make a chloroform rag. Earl refuses, and instead I have to click on a secret hotspot in the clothes bin to find one. Also, when the sheet wasn't long enough for a rope, I immediately tried cutting it in strips, but Earl wouldn't use the scissors then either. But then it turns out this was the right solution after all! I just had to pick up the other sheets first. Extremely frustrating. There should at least be feedback when you try reasonable actions that would accomplish the task at hand. Also, after throwing the brick the first time it disappears inside the case, and can neither be seen nor clicked on. The game gives no indication that it can be picked up again. That's pretty unfair.
[close]

If it wasn't for the walkthrough I don't think I would have completed the game. It isn't fun to know how a puzzle should be solved but not be able to do it because the game insists on doing the actions a certain way or in a certain order. Hopefully you'll take this in the spirit it's intended: constructive criticism.

Barbarian

Hiya Hillbilly.  I was away from the AGS scene for a while, so I only just downloaded and played your Earl Mansin game recently.

Great job! It's come a long way from way-back-when I helped ya to fix a couple of the bugs in the early stages.

Overall, I enjoyed it, even if some of the puzzles were a bit obscure. The wry humor was well done. The graphics suited this style of game nicely (though a minor gripe might be no locator-dot on the pointers, and was sometimes hard to correctly know where to position on things).  The voice acting was nicely done and gave more "personality" to the characters.  The various movie-style-cutscenes were quite well done as well.  So, a big congratz on providing us with a nice entertaining game

Look forward to seeing more from you in future. Best regards!
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Bohnito

Quote from: forest_guru on Fri 24/08/2007 13:56:19
I run the game, press new game and *bah* Black screen with voice in background... Windows XP, installed cccp codecs and nothing changed... please change video codec... I really want to play this game  :'(

same problem :(

DuckAndCower

This is one of the best AGS games I've played. Definitely professional quality.

HillBilly

Hey,

Thanks for the comments! About the video bug, I have a hard time solving it without experiencing it myself. Some people got it fixed by installing CCCP, some not. You could try googling for the "MS Mpeg4 v2" codec, and see if that helps. Alternatively, try experimenting with winsetup.exe, run the game in a window etc. If all else fails, burn the game on a CD and play it on another computer(if you have access to one).

If anyone experiencing this problem manage to solve it, please share. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk