A Tale Of Two Kingdoms (Deluxe Edition)

Started by Radiant, Mon 16/07/2007 00:55:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

A Tale of Two Kingdoms is a graphical adventure in the style of the classic Sierra games. Set in the world of Celtic mythology and fairy tales, it features many sidequests and alternate endings. This release is a Deluxe Edition with a new interactive prologue, several graphic updates, and professional voice acting.

[yt]WLI4DeqFP80[/yt]

The ancient kingdom of Theylinn is beset by enemies. Within the castle walls, nobles vie for the old king's favor, and not everybody is happy with the sole heir to the throne, princess Rhiannon. Meanwhile, danger approaches, in the form of an invading army, a hostile giant, and a mercenary troop who are ancient enemies of the Theylann king...

Download from Steam, or Humble Bundle, or from Itch.io. The game is DRM-free.

Nikolas

Please note, that we are reuploading the zip file, due to some tiny details, that I missed. (so thank me for the delay). Should be up in less than half an hour, but the exe file is already uploaded for you to start playing.

Enjoy :)

EDIT: Uploading coplete. There is no problem with the game, that we are aware of at the moment.

ildu

Umm is it a new build or what...? I downloaded the game before your post, Nik.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I know this game has been a long time coming for you and the team so congratulations are in order.  It's good to see a long standing project finished.

Nikolas

Quote from: ildu on Mon 16/07/2007 01:50:14
Umm is it a new build or what...? I downloaded the game before your post, Nik.
The same build.

There was a savegame left in the zip file (not the exe from the AGS site) which crashed the game. I removed it and uploaded the zip file again.

No fix yet... :)

pslim

Look great. Downloading now.  :)

Ghost

Whahey, I was so waiting for this- downloading *and* brewing some coffee!

EDIT: Already astonished. This is a level of detail and style I've last seen in the KQ2 Remake, and ATOTK seems to outrun this. Congrats to the team.

Also, I would like to announce my first victory at the boardgame  ;D

i k a r i

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! This is out?!

Oh damnnnn, thanks.

I remember the first time I saw the GiP thread for this game, the first thing I thought was "perfect", the story and idea fits me perfectly, I can't wait to play it  ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

cosmicr

wow the graphics look very nice indeed, as does the atotk website, however, that crystal shard website takes me back to 1997!

edit: just had a play. amazing. best presented ags game I've seen so far. the sierra feel has been captured perfectly. however, too much dialogue! I just want to get straight into the game, but all I've done for the last half hour is read dialogue!  when I get some more time I will play it properly. but well done!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

It's out?!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

anyone

the sprites in the game looks like to be designed for resolution 640 x400 rather than 320 x 200, in lower resolutoin they are looking not as should be I guess

Fizzii

Quotethe sprites in the game looks like to be designed for resolution 640 x400 rather than 320 x 200, in lower resolutoin they are looking not as should be I guess

They were designed for 320x200 resolution, so I don't know why they don't look good at 320x200 ingame (I myself use 640x400 as I play the game in the window since my monitor is so big). I'm guessing it has something to do with the scaling in AGS, and maybe it works better at the higher resolution, but I wouldn't know for sure.

Quotetoo much dialogue! I just want to get straight into the game, but all I've done for the last half hour is read dialogue!  when I get some more time I will play it properly. but well done!
lol. Well, it's rather necessary to establish the background, characters and plot, and this is a rather complex game, so dialogue is needed to explain a fair amount of this. Glad you like the game so far though. :)

Radiant

Quote from: Fizzii on Mon 16/07/2007 10:03:51
I'm guessing it has something to do with the scaling in AGS, and maybe it works better at the higher resolution, but I wouldn't know for sure.
That is correct - scaling is sharper on a higher resolution.

In 320x200, if a sprite is displayed full-size, every pixel of the sprite is on-screen. If a sprite is displayed half-size, only 1/4th of the pixels are displayed.
In 640x400, if a sprite is displayed full-size, every pixel of the sprite is displayed as a 2x2 block of pixels on-screen, which looks the same as in 320x200. If the sprite is half-sized, every pixel of the sprite is still visible, albeit not as a 2x2 block. Hope that made sense.

Meerbat

Well, this would be probably as good a time as any for my first post on the forums.  :=
Hope you guys enjoy playing our game!

Charity

This is brilliant.  I love it.  One thing though - the psuedo-archaic dialogue feels a little forced and distracting, especially at the beginning, when you are just getting to know the characters.  I'm sure this was to be atmospheric, but sometimes I think it's better to just admit that we don't speak Old English any more, and let characters speak more naturally, even if it is anachronistic, 'cause let's face it, if the average person can read it without getting a headache, it's probably anachronistic anyway.

That said, the art and scripting are incredible, the puzzles generally don't feel like the same thing over and over, and the plot is reasonably complex - more than I've seen in a lot of amateur games.  It really does feel kind of like playing an old Sierra game, especially with the somewhat open ended gameplay.

Jon

Great game, a real contender for many AGS awards!

Groogokk

A fine game indeed, with absolutely fantastic graphics and great music. What seriously gets on my nerves is the pseudo-shakespearean language. Words and phrases like "lest" and "Know you where..." that don't fit in with the rest of the dialogues stand out like a snail in a salad bowl. That won't keep me from playing though  :-\

deadsuperhero

The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Peder 🚀

Yay!!!

I will download this as soon as I get my laptop online again..
Looking good!!

This really took me by suprise, never expected this to come out now :P.

P S

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk