Sopor Eterno (Eternal Torpor)

Started by glurex, Thu 03/02/2022 23:59:53

Previous topic - Next topic

glurex

Sopor" border="0

This short game it's about a person who wakes up in the middle of the night, trapped inside the duality between being awake and dreaming (sleep paralysis). They are visited by two entities that are willing to help them get out, one way or another.

This mini point and click game was made in the context of the Global Game Jam 2022 in just one week. The theme was: Duality

Instructions

Left click hold - Interaction wheel.

Right click - Inventory

Esc - Skip dialog and/or enter Quit Game GUI

Credits:

Jeremias Cerrone - Game Design

Florencia Del Pino - Narrative Design

Lucien Dupont Trape - Enviroment Art

Ezequiel Godoy - Assets and Character Art

Manuel Marchesotti - Programming and translation

Franco Malaspina - Music and SFX

Perpetua Franck - Project Management

Tween Module 2.2.2 by Edmundito

Download

Link Updated: 2/4/2022

SOPOR ETERNO (ETERNAL TORPOR)

(The game default language is Spanish, to set English language you
must click on "winsetup" and select "English" in Game Language section)

eri0o

I think I saw this game in itch.io, did you by any chance upload it there too?

heltenjon

Quote from: eri0o on Fri 04/02/2022 17:16:23

On Itch, it's marked "in development" still. https://libromancy-studios.itch.io/sopor-eterno

glurex

Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 04/02/2022 18:48:10

On Itch, it's marked "in development" still. https://libromancy-studios.itch.io/sopor-eterno

Yes, it's the same one! I'm only the progammer.  I'll request the project Manager if she can upload this version to itch.io (she has the access to it because she's part of libromancy studios and I'm not).
By the way! I have updated (2/4/22) the link to the new version that fix some minor bugs in the translation (it's the first time I translate a game) and in the dialog system.

selmiak

just when I had a really bad sleep last night this game appears, there must be something to it...
will try that tomorrow :)
Any chance for a linux version? It is just checking an additional checkbox in the game settings and uploading the linux files (separately) ...

glurex

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 05/02/2022 02:20:33
Any chance for a linux version? It is just checking an additional checkbox in the game settings and uploading the linux files (separately) ...

No problem :)

Sopor Eterno (Eternal Torpor) [Linux Version]

Khris

I get that this is a short game, but it opens to an intro I cannot skip, which is a non-starter for me.  :P
Looks lovely though.

glurex

Quote from: Khris on Tue 08/02/2022 17:43:28
I get that this is a short game, but it opens to an intro I cannot skip, which is a non-starter for me.  :P
Looks lovely though.
Thanks! You can skip the intro dialogue with "esc" or even "left mouse click", but I guess you mean an "entire" skip button, right? If so it's a great idea for future releases :D

heltenjon

The game looks beautiful, and the music makes me sleepy...which is apt, given what the game is about. (No really, it's a nice, relaxing tune.)

Unfortunately, some key parts early on have not been translated from Spanish (I played the English version), making progress very difficult.

Rik_Vargard

I agree with heltenjon here: The game is beautiful, I love the dreamy colors.

But yeah, I arrived to that part in Spanish and even with google translate it's difficult  :P

Shadow1000

I got stuck in the same place as the others. Unfortunately I didn't see a Save/Load so I had to turn it off and lose my progress. I think I'd be willing to try again if there would be a Save/Load and the language would be sorted out.

heltenjon

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 09/02/2022 16:27:47
I got stuck in the same place as the others. Unfortunately I didn't see a Save/Load so I had to turn it off and lose my progress. I think I'd be willing to try again if there would be a Save/Load and the language would be sorted out.
You can save and load with F5 and F7.

Shadow1000

Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 09/02/2022 17:06:28
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 09/02/2022 16:27:47
You can save and load with F5 and F7.

Ahh...I didn't get that puzzle on my own. Thanks :)

heltenjon

I finished the game - there wasn't much after the puzzle with the Spanish password phrase, but in one week there's understandably a need to keep things short. The game captures the dreamy mood with music and graphics. The choices you make in the game are deeply rooted in philosophy, but I agree with Wiggy that this doesn't come as well across in the English translation due to the Spanish password phrase puzzle. So if you know Spanish, you're better off playing that version.

It feels like there could have been inserted a longer story in this, and that what I've played is merely the beginning and the end. I would have liked to see a longer version, perhaps showing more of the differences between the two creatures' realms.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk