A Tale Of Two Kingdoms (Deluxe Edition)

Started by Radiant, Mon 16/07/2007 00:55:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolas

jim,

I'm trying to find the review online and it's impossible! have no idea where to search and their site is a bit of a mess. Is it posible to find a direct link, or maybe scan the article, if you have it on the magazine please? I'll translate it. (or maybe if it is on stores tell me which magasine number, since I'm in Athens right now)

Dualnames

I've sent you a PM. And yeah the site is a bit of mess. I couldn't find it on the site either.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Radiant

Ghost

Nikolas

We also got featured (in a small-ish review) in a Greek magazine called 'Computer Games Magazine'

Rough translation:

A Tale Of Two Kingdoms
In the footsteps of Sierra and Lucas.

A Tale Of Two Kingdoms is a classic point 'n click adventure game which is based on the games from Sierra and Lucasart.

As it is obvious from it's title, the game transfers you to an era of fairytale and fantasy. The mythical kingdom of Theylinn is in danger from the raids of hostile parties, who are ready to throw down the king himself.

But that is not all! The king is also in danger from the tens of noblemen who would like nothing more than to see him fall from his thrown. In the meantime towards the furthest borders of Theyliin there is, well hidden, a second kingdoms, inhabbited by fairies and other creatures. The A Tale Of Two Kingdoms is an adventure which stands out for it's atmophere as well as the five different endings, which rise dramatically the replauability. During the game you will meet plenty of NPCs, with whome you can communicate, while the amateur developers have done an outstanding work in the departement of music. If you are a friend of classic point 'n click, this is worth a look!

rough translation but you get the idea, I hope. :)

Radiant

That is essentially a transcription of our website blurb :)

Anyway, it's nice to hear they like our game.

Dualnames

Dont i get special thanks or an award for digging this?
Good scanning by the way.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Nikolas

Thanks Jim :D

(I already said thank you in the other thread, or my memory fails me? :S)

Dualnames

I think it does but I'm bored to check so.. nvm. I was just kidding.

Radiant

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 22/01/2008 13:15:50
Dont i get special thanks or an award for digging this?

We can give you a free copy of our next game, if you want :)

Dualnames

I'll take it, knowing that your next game is gonna be freeware.

LuciferSam86

Great game!  ;) I want more games from you (maybe the next game could be a SF game...  :P)
God is Real, unless declared Integer

Play_Pretend

Woot!  I stayed up all last night and played ATOTK straight from start to finish...hooray for being sick and getting to take off work! :)  Terrific game...I would stop on screens and forget to play for a few minutes while I studied the background artwork...truly phenomenal stuff.  I admit, I had to use a walkthrough a lot and had a lot of "Oh dear god, I forgot to save recently, didn't I..." moments. :)  But overall, super enjoyable and a classic!

One possible bug I found, I don't know if anyone mentioned it already or if it's been addressed...I had problems with my Save GUI.  After I filled it up to the max and had to start deleting save games to make room for new ones, it wouldn't let me save new ones, just replace old ones.  No matter how many I deleted, even when there were only, say, three left, it still forced me to replace the top save game in the menu.  I ended up having to delete all of them to stop the replacing, but it would start up again every time my save menu got full.

(Oh, and the inventory...when my inventory filled up and I could click the down arrow to go down to the second inventory circle...whenever I clicked back up to the top inventory circle, the up arrow would stay there and then just disappear when I clicked it.)

I hope I didn't just miss a patch or something, just wanted to let you know.  Thanks a ton for ATOTK, it really took me back to my Sierra childhood. :)

Radiant

It's a known issue, but thanks for your feedback. I'm in doubt whether I should release a v1.3 at some point; there aren't any big issues but there are a few details that could be improved. But then, there always are :)

Radiant

On behalf of the entire team, I wish to thank everybody who voted for us in the AGS awards. It's really great to win some of those :)

SSH

Radiant

Quote from: SSH on Tue 19/02/2008 17:50:09
Which ones isn't it great to win? ;)

That one that we had a big row over last year :)

Suz

I'm having a problem trying to play the game.  The dialogue text flickers so rapidly on the screen that it's impossible to read.  Its like my computer is too fast.  I run Vista on a dual core processor.  Is there anyway to slow down the text?

Radiant

I would suggest to run the included winsetup.exe - if you're running the game in full-screen mode (as is the default), run it windowed (or, if you were already doing that, try running it full-screen instead).

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest updating your graphics drivers.

NK

This is a great game better than the King's Quest I got stucked too long because of missing items that I'm unaware of. This game is kind to give clues in dialogs, books and sparkling animations on items. On second round, I was able to pick up more hints. One complaint is the rope at the beginning, I concure with the one mentioned in this thread. Why all of a sudden they need a rope instead of the ivy? I thought we need to goto roof or something.

The moment I found the black tower was so awesome. I was scared hell chased by baraghest and fox. Thunder storm and fog effects were nice. I find the forest backgrounds prettier than the faeri land. Trees and animals are all so lovely.

I like all the characters with their own stories, like Ruadh and Blossom had deep stories and likeable. This makes ATOTK so special. Even goblins have noble characteristics to keep their words. And I thank the giant. I wish Maeldun and Branwyn had some cute moments like Pooka and Taliesin.  Branwyn lacks her moments in this game. She calls Maeldun Beloved sometimes and that is not enough to clue player to use her dagger when needed. Branwyn could use more prettier or stronger portrait. I was suprise to realize faeri queen is after all not so pure good -- she is a faeri after all.

Somethings I've found.

* possible spoiler *

Ruadh said he would throw the lockpick after their girdle stealing but somehow it is in possession of Maeldun after it's done. When the jeweler is killed, she miraculously showed up later in the funeral ceremony.

*end of spoiler*

And this one, not 100% sure it is a bug of not, the stolen back girdle disappears after bunny moments. I've tried 3 times, going through scared fox chasing moments all over. So I gave it to Branwyn for safe keeping.

Guessing the assassin is awesome idea but too hard. I guess it's for the players who like to get 100 points.

Thanks for the great game. Do we have a sequel?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk