A Tale Of Two Kingdoms

Started by , Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49

Previous topic - Next topic

jenimad

Thanks, Lyaer, I finally found the place ^_^

Spoiler
But apparently I've really started to stink at this game- I've found some new items and such, but I can't make any progress on the whole stolen flute thing.
[close]

Fay

Spoiler
I am on Day 4 and I don't know what to do next. I went to the island and got a brain in a jar but I don't know how to get the stone from the druid guy to see through illusions. I also think I should light my lantern with matches to look at the hole in the ancient tree north of the druid village but I can't get out of the city without soaking the matches I've bought and rendering them useless.
[close]

Ledz

Spoiler

did you find an animal for the druid?
[close]

Fay

Spoiler
No. I found a wounded pigeon but he just healed it and I used it to trick the giant into thinking I am strong. I don't know what other animals there are that would work save the raven but I don't know what to do with it. It just sits there in a tree with a shiny thing in its mouth.

I've also just given the brain to the scarecrow, although I don't know if I should have done that.
[close]

Fay

Spoiler
Okay. I've figured out from another person's post to make a wish at the well and now I've got the stone from the druid. Thanks for your reply Ledz.
[close]

Charity

Jenimad-
Spoiler
It's time for some close reexamination of the beach scenes.  Look for footprints.
[close]

Edit - Still stuck, for the record.

KuroShiro

Just wondering ...
Spoiler
Has anyone figured out if there's a way to beat those goblins at their dice game. I figure you need a good luck charm or something, but damned if I can find one. Thanks.
[close]
"What's it made of?" "Cyanide and Happiness." "Happiness? Hot damn, I'll take 4!"

Lambonius

I'm stuck as well.  I'm in chapter 5, and I can't seem to figure out how to
Spoiler
get the girdle back from jeweler, which is something that I'm pretty sure I need to be able to enter the goblin-overrun village in the woods without getting instantly killed.  The bard's hint says I need to resort to something sneaky and underhanded to get the girdle back without having to pay for it, but I am at a complete loss as to what that might be.  If there is another way to get into the village without the goblins killing me, I'd be interested in that as well. :)
[close]
Any help would be greatly appreciated, since this seems to be the only place online so far where one can get hints for this game.

P S

<hide>
Hmmm. I've got into the castle again, but have no idea what to do!
<hide>

jenimad

Thanks again, Lyaer.

Made some real progress, I think, but I'm stuck again looking for a mirror.
Spoiler
I found the Changeling's Comb, which will let me disguise myself as a goblin.  HOWEVER, I need a mirror, and the only mirror I've seen is in the monestary... I can't pick it up and if I use it there I get killed.

I'm also stumped with getting out of the city without swimming and can't even begin to think of how to deal with the giant- or I could guess, but it appears I can't do that while the druid is hiding.  I know where my belt is too, but am stumped there too. 

Basically am good and stuck XD
[close]

rolyn

Please help
Spoiler
Icannot find the disguise
[close]

jenimad

Quote from: rolyn on Tue 17/07/2007 12:28:48
Please help
Spoiler
Icannot find the disguise
[close]

This isn't so much a hint as just a spoiler, but I couldn't think of what else to say:
Spoiler
You need to break into the tailor's shop.
[close]

rolyn

Thanks managed to find it.

GradyTn

Stuck on day three

Spoiler
got lantern, coin, apple wine, bag, horseshoe, been to the city and in castle. Been captured by goblin (then reloaded as didn't know what to do) seen the princess but I'm killed there.
[close]

Thanks.

jenimad

Quote from: GradyTn on Tue 17/07/2007 13:49:44
Stuck on day three

Spoiler
got lantern, coin, apple wine, bag, horseshoe, been to the city and in castle. Been captured by goblin (then reloaded as didn't know what to do) seen the princess but I'm killed there.
[close]

Thanks.

I don't know entirely how to help, but with one situation-

Spoiler
When captured by the goblins, try waiting around a bit until it's dark out- you'll be able to do something then.

...but I have to ask where/how you got the horseshoe and into the castle.  I haven't been able to figure those out.
[close]

GradyTn

Thanks Jeni I'll try that.  Horseshoe and castle

Spoiler
The horseshoe is in the city stables in the open stable. I got into the city by using plant potion on the weed growing on the wall near the scarecrow. The potion can be found in the locked cabin in the woods area. You need the key to open the cabin which the old guy has. He'll let you take it from his inventory.
[close]

GradyTn

Jeni, oh, if you already made it to the city I made it into the castle by

Spoiler
going there and talking to the guard there.
[close]

deadsuperhero

I'm stuck in chapter four.
Spoiler
I gave the brain to the scarecrow, got the pumpkin, horseshoe, helped the bird, made the wish, and also got a note for buying back the girdle. I don't really know what to do next. I can break into the monastary, but I can't steal the orb, and the druid won't give me the bore hole thing. I've also already made a wish, and the raven in the tree is holding something shiny.
Also, where do I get enough money to buy the flute?
[close]
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

GradyTn

Still stuck on day three.

Spoiler
Can't get an animal for the old man. Can't find a flute. I got the orb, talisman thing, seen the monastery, read those books there, swam in the ocean but died, got coin made animal wish, got bag of sand, seen the faerie, gave wine to goblins, seen scarecrow area, rock crusher guy, guy at bridge (don't know what he's about).
[close]

Alliance to hide your text [*hide]text here[*/hide] without using the asterisks.

deadsuperhero

Grady
Spoiler
How did you get the orb?
[close]
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk