A Tale Of Two Kingdoms

Started by , Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49

Previous topic - Next topic

jenimad

pslim-

The horseshoe-
Spoiler
Look at the open stable on the right side of the room- I think I managed to find it just using the Look icon.  It was visible to click on as I recall.
[close]

Money method(?)-
Spoiler
Are the goblin scouts still sitting around?  Give them some cider (if you can refill), then gamble with them when you have the horseshoe.  That's the only method I could think of.
[close]

Item question?
Spoiler
Where did you get a bone and hair?
[close]

GradyTn

Pslim, chapter 5

Spoiler
have you gone to the pier area and given the grass to the woman. I did that then swam back and chapter 5 happened.
[close]

How'd you beat the giant?

deadsuperhero

Grady,
Spoiler
Tell the giant he doesn't look so strong. You need apples, a bad of sand, and the pigeon. Use them on yourself in that order.
[close]

Still stuck with:
Spoiler
finding a suitable treasure to trade with him...I have a shovel, but there's certainly nowhere on the beach to dig...
[close]
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

pslim

Quote from: jenimad on Tue 17/07/2007 21:35:07
The horseshoe-
Spoiler
Look at the open stable on the right side of the room- I think I managed to find it just using the Look icon.  It was visible to click on as I recall.
[close]

I found it! It wasn't visible at all on my screen, but when I walked inside the stall and used the look cursor and there it was!

Now that I have some money I think I can figure the others on my own. Thanks Jenimad!

Quote from: jenimadItem question?
Spoiler
Where did you get a bone and hair?
[close]

Spoiler
The bone is under the skull on the screen 1 south of the goblin encampment. The hair is on the door frame in day 2 when you find the king dead.
[close]

Quote from: GradyTnPslim, chapter 5

Spoiler
have you gone to the pier area and given the grass to the woman. I did that then swam back and chapter 5 happened.
[close]

Yeah, I did that but the day didn't change for me.

QuoteHow'd you beat the giant?

Spoiler
Use the apples, the bag full of sand, and the healed pigeon to prove that you're as strong as he is.
[close]

Ledz

pslim:
Spoiler

you'll know who needs a comb when you get into the fairies' place tierna na nog or whatever it's called
[close]

Radiant

Just a note, again.

You're not SOL; there aren't any dead ends, to my best knowledge.

And it's called Thierna na Oge :)

GradyTn

Alliance--giant/trade

Spoiler
I think after answering the faerie's riddle by the pond--next to the screen with the toadstool circle--when I went back there a rainbow appeared. Your shovel will work there for treasure.
[close]

jenimad

Two places I'm sorta dead-ended at-

Belt-
Spoiler
I know where it is and I've got a flier for it- and I've also been advised to be sneaky to get it back, but I have no clue what to do.
[close]

Goblins-
Spoiler
I'm looking to get into the village overrun with goblins without dieing.  I have a method to disguise myself as a goblin: using the Comb on the Pond.  Thing is when I try to go down to the village, I have to pass by the Mercenary Camp, and I get killed...
[close]

So, any ideas?

Charity

This is weird.
Spoiler
I got the key to the orb from the raven once, but I loaded a game and I can't manage to do it again.  I've tried leaving and entering room, talking to the raven repeatedly, waiting for it to sparkle or move somehow and then clicking.  I currently suspect that the last one is what it is, but so far no matter how long I watch it, the raven doesn't seem to move a feather.  I'm confused.
[close]

MonoK

Lyaer -> about you weird thing

Spoiler
I've managed to get the key with playing the flute. You can't play the whole song because the raven is surprised. And then he drops the key.
[close]

Lambonius

Well, I've done the two faeries' tasks,
Spoiler
That is, beating the giant at the strength contest and defeating the goblins, and I've found the treasure at the bottom of the rainbow and attempted to use it to buy back the belt, but the jeweler says she has another buyer now.  Also, if I go back to the faerie realm, I am automatically taken to the faerie queen and she tells me that I will have my rest in the faerie realm.  Then the screen slowly fades to white, but I have control back, like I'm supposed to do something to stop it, but I don't know what.  If it fades all the way to white, the game ends, and I get what I assume to be the worst ending.  What am I missing?  How do I clear Maeldun's name?
[close]

Also, I've encountered many small bugs throughout the game, the most annoying of which is where the bard keeps telling me that I need to
Spoiler
go back to the village in the woods and get something important (which I assume is the warrior's skull) that the goblins may have left there.  Unfortunately, I've already finished that task; I've long since taken the skull relic from the village, and defeated the chief back at their camp.
[close]
Without the bard to give me those subtle clues, I am utterly lost.

Ledz

I got the same ending, I think maybe we need to
Spoiler

keep the charm instead of using it to save the princess, so it protects from getting stuck in that whiteness.. thing
[close]

Charity

Jenimad -

Spoiler
When you hear footsteps coming, get out of sight.  Getting past the mercenary camp should be a piece of cake after that.
[close]

Fay

Quote from: Ledz on Tue 17/07/2007 23:18:14
I got the same ending, I think maybe we need to
Spoiler

keep the charm instead of using it to save the princess, so it protects from getting stuck in that whiteness.. thing
[close]
Spoiler

But if there are no dead ends then there has to be some other way to get out of the whiteness, right? I used the charm to save the princess to gain her favor hopefully for a better ending. I tried playing the flute in the fae realm to break the spell but that doesn't work. I really wish I knew what to do. The bard tells me to go to the fae realm so I assume I've got to break the whiteness spell and not just avoid the place.
[close]

Ledz

well a bad ending is not the same as a dead end...

Fay

I meant a dead end as in we have no choice but to get the bad ending because we used an object at the "wrong" time even though the game had led us to believe it was the right thing to do.

MonoK

This is not a dead end. To go through this whiteness, you have to

Spoiler
use the dagger on yourself It will remind you the tasks you still have to accomplish.
[close]

Fay

Thanks a lot MonoK.
Spoiler
Now I really regret missing the hair from the beginning.  :P
[close]

GradyTn

Stuck

Spoiler
I have the goblin mask but can't get past the guard to enter the camp.
[close]

MonoK

Quote from: GradyTn on Wed 18/07/2007 00:35:32
Spoiler
I have the goblin mask but can't get past the guard to enter the camp.
[close]

Spoiler
Use the ice orb on the river at the waterfall screen. You can access to the camp that way.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk