A Tale Of Two Kingdoms

Started by , Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizzii

AW (and Em and Danyul) -
Spoiler
Trial and error isn't the only option. You could map it out, and work it out from there
[close]

Spoiler
There is a much easier way, though you get less points ;)
[close]

TheJBurger

Stuck in chapter 5:

Spoiler
Just finished talking with the fairies and I walked around and did random stuff (saved princess in the woods). I gave the scarecrow the brain, I defeated the giant, I have the obsidian form the dark lord, I have a blue orb from the monastery, I don't have my girdle (have no clue how to get it back), I helped out the apprentice with grass, I stole a snake statue thing from the black tower, and I can't figure out how to get past the goblins in the forest village. Please help.
[close]

JBurger

Spoiler
to the left of the entrance of the giant's home there's a hole. Fill it with water and get a comb. The boy at the Faerie area--the one with the king and queen--will tell you how to use it. A mirror is a reflecting device so you don't need a real mirror to use it.
[close]

jenimad

Mouse question-
Spoiler
I've seen the sleeping mouse and I've been able to pick it up- but if I do so in goblin disguise, I am killed by the villagers.  If I exit the village to take off my disguise and come back, the door is locked.  How do I get the mouse without dieing?
[close]

Ledz

jenimad:

Spoiler

there is a mirror on the wall inside the house, you can use it to change back.
[close]

Charity

I'm stumped. 
Spoiler
How do I reach the rope ladder in the secret passage?  I don't seem to have anything long enough,to reach it, and I can't find any way to get my girlfriend to give me a boost up or anything.  There was a spell for untying knots in one of the books in the wizard's house, but I don't have any way to cast it, so I assume that's out of the question.
[close]

Ledz

Lyaer:

Spoiler
get your girlfriend to hit it with her sword.
[close]

jenimad

I'm stuck in... chapter six, I think-
Spoiler
How do I get past the whole bunny rabbit thing without being eaten?
[close]

The tailor
Spoiler
What could I trade for his release, late in the game?
[close]

Also, plot-heavy question-
Spoiler
How in the world do I know who framed me and why?  The only possible leads I have are a scrap of paper and a bit of black cloth, which hardly tell me anything.  I think I've read about people finding hair, so I assume that's one thing I need...  But it was kinda irritating just having to guess when the fairy queen asked.
[close]

Ledz

jenimad:
Spoiler
you need to get to the druid and ask him for help, the part where you have to cross the bridge is a little buggy, but it's possible.

I traded the goblin shield which I stole from the blacksmith in exchange for the tailor's release.

I have no idea where there is a hair anywhere in the game, but I guess it's all about seeing the cutscenes, and maybe it has to do with the snake thing you get from the black tower, your fairfolk friend says something about it being used to identify people associated with the owner or something like that...

[close]

player1

in chapter 5

How do I
Spoiler

Heal the pigeon when the village is full of gobliiiins and the druid is gone? (havgan)
[close]

The answer eludes me, where do I find it?
Spoiler

once spoken, it becomes broken
[close]

Spoiler

how do I get in the village where gobliiins is, havgan
[close]

jenimad

Sorry to be a pain again, but...

Spoiler
How do I steal the shield?  The blacksmith won't even let me touch it.
[close]

Ledz

player1:

Spoiler

you should either load from an earlier point and take the pigeon to the druid before the goblins get there, or solve the goblin problem and take it to him after that.
[close]

it's a riddle that you are supposed to solve using your head and nothing else, I suggest you think a little more about it, it isn't very hard, but if you must know, the answer is:
Spoiler
silence.
[close]

Spoiler

to get into havgan while the goblins are there you need to use the changeling's comb on a mirror-like surface to become a goblin yourself.
[close]

Ledz

jenimad:
Spoiler

I think it's around day 5, while he is in the docks after talking to the sorcerer's apprentice, that he is not in his shop and you can take the shield.
[close]

AW

Jenimad

Spoiler
Once you have the shield, throw it down the cliff (outside the jeweler's shop) where you can later retrieve it on the beach.
[close]

jenimad

Thank you very much, Ledz. 
Spoiler
I'll keep that in mind when I reset to get the hair.
[close]

player1

thanks ledz

You are right, it is simple, I kept thinking
Spoiler
secret
[close]
for some reason.

He doesn't want to
Spoiler

use the comb on the pond or mirror, he keeps saying. he doesn't know what to do with it, I have tried showing it tailien he doesn't say anything
/hide]
[close]

player1

Well I healed the pigeon without going into the village where the gobliiins have taken over
Spoiler

I found the bearded druid in the shadows amongst the trees, I could talk with him, however he spoke in red letters (no dialoque box) and he was using talien (your friend in camp)'s dialoque, but I gave him the bird and he healed (with proper dialoque box and portrait), still not able to use the comb ...
[close]

Charity

Jenimad -

Spoiler
Where did you find the black cloth?
[close]

Concerning endings (spoiler heavy):
Spoiler
So far I have found three of the endings:
1- Stop the goblins and stay in fairyland.
2- Decline to aid Geraint and Paradur in taking down the sorcerer.
3- Defeat the wizard by summoning the seelie queen in the late king's bedroom, without proving the murderer, saving the princess, etc.  This being the first "Good ending"
There are still two more endings.  I don't believe these include minor variations on ending three, such as the fate of the tailor and whether you recovered your girdle.  Saving the princess may not even be enough to reach ending four, as there were lines written in Ending 3 that seemed to imply she was still alive and in danger of a future assassination (unless I misread), which seems to imply there are variations of the same ending wherein she survives.
I think it's safe to assume that one of the five endings is the 'perfect' or 'just about perfect' ending, where most or all of the loose ends are tied up, with the murderer apprehended, etc,  Though it is also possible that ending three is the only good ending, and the perfect ending is just another variation of it.  That (probably) leaves one last ending, but does it fall between ending 3 and the perfect ending?  Or does is it something completely different?
Has anyone managed to get an ending other than the ones I have listed yet?
a side note: One of the official screen shots features what looks like some kind of confrontation inside the wizard's tower.  Are these screen shots actual game footage?  This would seem to imply an alternate final showdown, even.
[close]

jenimad

Black Cloth-
Spoiler
It's in the window of the room you stay in in... Chapter Two, I think?
[close]

In the castle, late in the game-
Spoiler
How do I keep from getting killed by the monster in the princess' room?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk