A Tale Of Two Kingdoms

Started by , Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Thanks Jenimad. I had just figured it out and now I got a happy ending with no "?" after "The End." I still don't know who the assassin is though.

jenimad

Yeah, I got a happy ending too- but it hints at a lot of things I don't know.

Spoiler
I'm pretty sure from the hinting that I should have done something for the Changeling and possibly something for the apprentice-
As well as something with my stolen belt/girdle thing.
AND I don't know who killed the king...
[close]

The ending should tide me over until some people come up with some leads ;D

paolo

OK, I'm stuck big time...

Spoiler
* Princess Rhiannon is under a spell in the woods. The fox faery says I should be able to free her, but I don't see how.
* I can't afford the flute in the jeweller's shop (the miserly cow only gives me one ducat for the conch)
* I don't know where to light the lantern.
* I don't know how to get into the hole outside the ogre's lair.
* I don't see how to get a pumpkin.
* I can't get into the hole in the tree next to the ring of stones.
* I don't know how to help the pigeon with the broken wing.
* I'm not sure whether I can get the matches from the shop in the market.
* I've found the portal but can't get through it.

I have: sword; apples; acorns; parchment; love poem; conch; key; note from jeweller; unlit lantern; nail; self-bored stone; empty cider bottle; shovel; dagger; wounded pigeon; squirrel; bag of sand; horseshoe.
[close]

Any hints please? (Hints, not solutions.) Thanks very much.

Ledz

paolo:

you don't have the item you need.

hint:
Spoiler
you need to put yourself in a bad position to have a chance to get it.
[close]

bigger hint:
Spoiler
like walk right into the enemy's camp.
[close]

Charity

Curious.

Spoiler
How do you get the love note from the stableboy?  I spoke with him periodically, but he never mentioned it to me.
[close]

Also
Spoiler
On my first playthrough, I encountered the thief on the bridge and he wanted food, but I didn't have any for him.  On my second playthrough I made sure to have apples and that pumpkin with me all the time, but I never encountered him there.  Does anyone know how to trigger that event again?  And is there anything you can do for him if you do?
[close]

jenimad

Love Note, hint-
Spoiler
He seems a little bashful to me, so maybe he's hidden it somewhere...
[close]

Big blatant thing-
Spoiler
Just stick your hand in the hay at the stables.  I don't even think he has to be gone for this to work.
[close]

arcaninex

I'm stuck in Chapter 7, when i got turned into a rabbit

Spoiler
I spoken with the druid and i'm pretty sure that the faerie circle is where the faerie gate is, but when i walked around it thrice counterclockwise, it didn't work
[close]

help!

Charity

arcaninex -

Spoiler
Try walking on top of the mushrooms as much as possible.  Might help.
[close]

TheJBurger

Stuck in Chapter 8 or 7, I can't remember.

Spoiler
I'm in the castle at night with my female companion and I've made it through the kitchen and up to the second floor hallway. I don't know what to do here. I've tried pulling the cord, and pushing over the statue on the stairs, but those just get me captured. Help.
[close]

Arcaninex:

Spoiler
You're at the right spot. I went around the circle 3 times clockwise, while stepping on the mushrooms the whole time, and it worked for me on the first try.
[close]

arcaninex

Thanks for the help!

Now I know what I did wrong:
Spoiler
I was walking around the toadstools, instead of on them :P
[close]

Danyul

TheJBurger:

Spoiler
Play your flute somewhere...
[close]
Ahh shaddapa ya face.

TheJBurger2

Quote from: Danyul on Wed 18/07/2007 21:22:59
TheJBurger:

Spoiler
Play your flute somewhere...
[close]

Spoiler
I gave away my flute to the Faire fox lady. It wasn't necessary, but it raised my honor so I was like, whatever, because I didn't know if I would need it. Does this mean I'M STUCK? :(
[close]

pslim

About the beginning of chapter 7:

Spoiler
I can't get him to cross the bridge as the rabbit, no matter how hard I try.
[close]

Radiant

Quote from: pslim on Wed 18/07/2007 21:25:08
Spoiler
I can't get him to cross the bridge as the rabbit, no matter how hard I try.
[close]

I'm surprised that so many people try this considering that in several "plot paths", the beggar will be here to block your path.

Not being able to cross even if he isn't there is a bug, which will be fixed shortly (apologies for the inconvenience).

BUT, there is another way across, which you were intended to take if the beggar is there. So your progress is not actually impeded.

TheJBurger

Radiant, can you help me?

Quote from: TheJBurger on Wed 18/07/2007 21:09:55
Stuck in Chapter 8 or 7, I can't remember.

Spoiler
I'm in the castle at night with my female companion and I've made it through the kitchen and up to the second floor hallway. I don't know what to do here. I've tried pulling the cord, and pushing over the statue on the stairs, but those just get me captured. Help.

And I don't have the flute.
[close]

arcaninex

stuck in chapter 8:

Monster-
Spoiler
How do you kill it? I don't have holy water...
[close]

Sorcerer-
Spoiler
i tried to use the chime but sorcerer glued it to the ceiling, how to get it back before he kills me?
[close]

pslim

I found another bug trying to cross the river in a different way. Can anybody just spoil me on this one? I'm getting frustrated.

About the bug:

Spoiler
I went south along the seashore from the city, and then west to the bridge screen. THe message about the fox not wanting to get near the bridge popped up (although I hadn't triggered the fox to chase me yet) and wouldn't leave my screen regardless of clicking on it. I had to kill the program.
[close]

Ledz

arcaninex:

Spoiler
I defeated the monster using the snake symbol from the wizard's tower.
[close]

pslim:
Spoiler
it's mostly luck, I think, if you try enough times you'll manage to pass the bridge before you get the message about the fox, and then get it after you've passed. I think it would be better to go around though, and use the lily pads to cross the river, until the bug is fixed.
[close]

arcaninex

Spoiler
I sold the snake thing for money...great :(
[close]

Balin

I'm currently stuck on Day 4.

Spoiler
I bought the matches, but they keep getting wet whenever I try going into the water. How do I keep them dry? Or did I mess up, and do something I wasn't supposed to?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk