A Tale Of Two Kingdoms

Started by , Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Ledz

Guest:
the only things I can answer are:
Spoiler
you need to show the love note to the fairy queen.
[close]

Spoiler
you can release the man by trading for his freedom with the goblin shield that you need to steal from the blacksmith while he isn't in his shop and drop over the cliff so you can leave the dock without it.
[close]

regarding your other questions, I would like to know the answer to those as well.

paolo

I have the
Spoiler
charm from the goblin village, but apparently I didn't need it after all...
[close]
thanks for the reassurance, Meerbat.

So apparently I still don't have what I need to do any of the following... can anyone give any further subtle hints, please? Thanks.

Quote from: paolo on Wed 18/07/2007 18:14:08
OK, I'm stuck big time...

Spoiler
* Princess Rhiannon is under a spell in the woods. The fox faery says I should be able to free her, but I don't see how.
* I can't afford the flute in the jeweller's shop (the miserly cow only gives me one ducat for the conch)
* I don't know where to light the lantern.
* I don't know how to get into the hole outside the ogre's lair.
* I don't see how to get a pumpkin.
* I can't get into the hole in the tree next to the ring of stones.
* I don't know how to help the pigeon with the broken wing.
* I'm not sure whether I can get the matches from the shop in the market.
* I've found the portal but can't get through it.

I have: sword; apples; acorns; parchment; love poem; conch; key; note from jeweller; unlit lantern; nail; self-bored stone; empty cider bottle; shovel; dagger; wounded pigeon; squirrel; bag of sand; horseshoe.
[close]

Any hints please? (Hints, not solutions.) Thanks very much.

PS:
Spoiler
I've got the matches but I need to use them somehow before I leave the city...
[close]

Kestrel (not logged in)

I found the assassin, gave the proper item to the Princess to convince her, and then the game crashed with the following error:

Error: run_text_script1: error -6 running function 'on_call':
Error: Script appears to be hung (150001 while loop iterations without an update) in Room 81 script (line 41)

Was anyone able to correctly identify the assassin, provide the correct evidence, and avoid this crash?

kestrel (not logged in)

Spoiler
Q:Princess Rhiannon is under a spell in the woods. The fox faery says I should be able to free her, but I don't see how.
A: As far as I could tell, she's freed on her own, in time.

Q: I can't afford the flute in the jeweller's shop (the miserly cow only gives me one ducat for the conch)
A: There are many ways to gain coins in this game.  The goblins are one very easy source, and you thereby get the chance to keep the conch shell and the other valuable items you gain over the course of the game, to use in other ways that might gain honor and wisdom.  If you're intent on playing through, however, the tailor's shop might have your answer re: quick money.

Q: I don't know how to get into the hole outside the ogre's lair.
A: Whatever's inside that hole isn't very dense.

Q: I don't see how to get a pumpkin.
A: You need to convince the scarecrow.  He won't help you the way he is now.  If you give him something, that's a different story...and the proper gift involves getting very wet.

Q: I don't know how to help the pigeon with the broken wing.
A: Who is good with animals?

Q: I'm not sure whether I can get the matches from the shop in the market.
A: You can, but it's a tricky maneuver.  Are there alternative ways out of the city?  Perhaps one involving your character annoying someone else?

Q: I've found the portal but can't get through it.
A: Show the bard your bored stone and see what he says.
[close]

player1

Quote from: paolo on Thu 19/07/2007 18:14:15
I have the
Spoiler
charm from the goblin village, but apparently I didn't need it after all...
[close]
thanks for the reassurance, Meerbat.

So apparently I still don't have what I need to do any of the following... can anyone give any further subtle hints, please? Thanks.

Spoiler
* Princess Rhiannon is under a spell in the woods. The fox faery says I should be able to free her, but I don't see how.
* I can't afford the flute in the jeweller's shop (the miserly cow only gives me one ducat for the conch)
* I don't know where to light the lantern.
* I don't know how to get into the hole outside the ogre's lair.
* I don't see how to get a pumpkin.
* I can't get into the hole in the tree next to the ring of stones.
* I don't know how to help the pigeon with the broken wing.
* I'm not sure whether I can get the matches from the shop in the market.
* I've found the portal but can't get through it.

I have: sword; apples; acorns; parchment; love poem; conch; key; note from jeweller; unlit lantern; nail; self-bored stone; empty cider bottle; shovel; dagger; wounded pigeon; squirrel; bag of sand; horseshoe.
[close]

PS:
Spoiler
I've got the matches but I need to use them somehow before I leave the city...
[close]

Here are some hints :D

flute
Spoiler
I sold something, something I after defeating the giant, or you could play dice with the gobliiins
[close]

hole
Spoiler

maybe you can get the thing in the hole to come to you instead of trying to reach it
[close]

pigeon
Spoiler

you must heal the pigeon, someone who knows animals (and he is still around in chapter 5, just a little hidden, I gothim in chapter 5 cause I was late on this quest)
[close]

matches - hint 1
Spoiler

you can get the matches, you'll have to get out of the city but not via water,
[close]

matches - hint 2 more specific
Spoiler

maybe you can get thrown out
[close]

matches - hint 3 more more specific
Spoiler

maybe the jeweller doesn't like you touching her things
[close]

portal
Spoiler

you'll need the flute to get through
[close]

Now some of my problems:
Spoiler

I am in chapter 5, uncertain how to deal with the gobliiins in havgan, I am there disguised as one of them. How do I get the massive rat, the skull, and how do I make them leave? Also where do I get a brain and how do I get the pumpkin?
[close]

Ledz

Player1:

Spoiler
hint: you need to put the goblins under a "snow-white effect".
[close]

Spoiler
regarding the brain, you just need to go east from the mercernary camp exit until you get to an island.
[close]

Fay

Matches Question:

Spoiler
Is there any use for getting them out of the city before the endgame? Or do you just use them at the end on your lantern for more points than if the bard had given you matches?
[close]

Assassin Question:

Spoiler
I've now read of three clues in this topic for figuring out who the assassin is. A piece of black cloth, a hair, and the note from the pigeon. Are there any more? And do you only show them to the fairy queen or do they have another use?
[close]

TheJBurger

Still stuck in chapter 8:

Spoiler
I killed the beast by the princess and I've tried to wake her up but I can't. I don't know how to open the gate without getting spot, and people are saying use my flute, but I don't have it with me anymore. Where do I go from here?
[close]

Diddly

I need the solution of a faerie riddle. What grows if you give him food, but dies if you give him water?

Balin

Spoiler
I went and showed the Truth to the princess, but the sorcerer turned me into a rabbit! I managed to evade the fox and get to the other side of the river, and I've talked to the druid, but I can't use the faerie ring. I've walked around it 3 times, both clockwise and counterclockwise, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
[close]

player1

Quote from: Djavascript:replaceText(' :(', document.forms.postmodify.message);
Sadiddly link=topic=31865.msg410651#msg410651 date=1184874263

I need the solution of a faerie riddle. What grows if you give him food, but dies if you give him water?

maybe fire?, didn't have that riddle.

Thanks ledz!
Spoiler

I am still a little stuck, I have no clue what to do to get past chapter 5. And I still cannot get the gobliiins out, I assume I have to put a poisoned apple in the stew, but where the poison? Maybe the poisoned blade? Where can I get that, maybe near geraint? I have no clue what to do.
[close]

olgui

How can i get pass of the guard in chapter two, after i have escape from the kitchen. I'm now in the wall and if i go down the guard catch me. The game says i have to deal with but i have only money and i can`t do nothing with it.

Excuse me my english

player1

olgui
if it's the guard I think it is
Spoiler

you have to knock him out, throw something on him, if that doesn't work talk to him first to get him out from under cover
[close]

Ledz

player1:

Spoiler
no, you actually have to use on the goblins what was used on snow-white, that is a poisoned apple. I don't know how to hint about this, so in order to find what you need you need to have the thief knock you out and steal stuff from you.
[close]

Found another way to make money

Spoiler
sell the vase that was hiding the scepter to the jeweler on day one when your in the room with the board game. You can escape the castle later through a window in the big room with the throne.
[close]

When is the black smith
Spoiler
not in his shop?
[close]

Thanks

Ledz

the blacksmith is
Spoiler
not in his shop when he goes to talk to the sorcerer's apprentice who sits at the dock, around day 5 or 6 I believe.
[close]

player1

thanks ledz.

Spoiler

How do I get near the gobliiin village with skullcrasher, I keep getting killed on my way there. How do I steal the orb in the library? I have not seen any ravens on that acorn tree too throughout the game.
[close]

Ledz

Player1:

Spoiler
essentially you're asking the same question. The raven's place changes randomly, if you can't find him at all try looking at the entrance to the giant's place, it took me a while to find the raven there too, he is hard to spot.
[close]

and you're welcome!

diddly

About the horseshoe. Well, I can't find it. It should be on the right side of the stable. But where???Please, help!!!

anyel

diddly, the horseshoe:

Spoiler
you can't actually see the horseshoe on your screen (at least i couldn't), but your character can. Just walk into the open stable box (or whatever it is called) and let your character look [\hide]
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk