A Tale Of Two Kingdoms

Started by , Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Alusa

Hi...Guys .. :) :)this is extreamly difficalt Game...may be some body will be so kind and post WT???? ??? ??? ??? ???
I really cant figure out how to lpay,even wz hints...so desperate... ::) ::) ::)

paolo

Thanks, kestrel and player1, your hints are very helpful and have got me a little bit further. However:

Spoiler

Presumably the wizard guy who lives in the woods can help with the injured pigeon, but where is he? He's not in his house (the goblins are hanging around outside and kill me if I go near) and he's not in the woods any more (he's already come out to warn me about the goblins.

How do I get to play dice with the goblins? They kill me if I talk to them, and I've already been captured once so I die if I go back to the camp.

Even if I knew how to get money from the tailor, I can't because he's shut up shop.
[close]

Thanks. It's bloomin' hard, this game... :(

Update: Aha, the power of posting... I've just read an earlier response that has just got me a whole load of money :)

Further update: Boo! My wealth was short-lived! :( How can I avoid
Spoiler
being robbed?
[close]

Fizzii

paolo -

Spoiler
You can't avoid being robbed. But you can get back your stuff...
[close]

Em

Quote from: paolo on Fri 20/07/2007 12:41:42
Thanks, kestrel and player1, your hints are very helpful and have got me a little bit further. However:

Spoiler

Presumably the wizard guy who lives in the woods can help with the injured pigeon, but where is he? He's not in his house (the goblins are hanging around outside and kill me if I go near) and he's not in the woods any more (he's already come out to warn me about the goblins.

How do I get to play dice with the goblins? They kill me if I talk to them, and I've already been captured once so I die if I go back to the camp.

Even if I knew how to get money from the tailor, I can't because he's shut up shop.
[close]

Thanks. It's bloomin' hard, this game... :(

Update: Aha, the power of posting... I've just read an earlier response that has just got me a whole load of money :)

Further update: Boo! My wealth was short-lived! :( How can I avoid
Spoiler
being robbed?
[close]

Goblins:
Spoiler
You will find the goblins to play the dice game with in the forest.  Turn left at the bridge and they should be on the next screen.
[close]

Robbed:
Spoiler
There is a way to get your flute back.  Look for the theifs hideout.
[close]

rolyn

Please help
Spoiler
Where is the thief's hideout?
[close]

player1

rolyn

vaque
Spoiler

Near the beach
[close]

less vague
Spoiler

look for footsteps
[close]

Spoiler

the ship
[close]

diddly

Chapter 8. I'm in the castle at night, with Branwin, but I can't do anything. There are guards on the upper floor, but I don't know what to do. Please help!!!

When and where does the rainbow appear. Do I need to do something?

diddly

Spoiler
use your flute on the stairs then use your shovel on a statue
[close]

paolo

Faery's test: a question:

Spoiler

Am I right in thinking that the door between two caves is the same (fire, cloud, etc) in each direction? In other words, if going from cave A to cave B would take me through, say, fire, then going from cave B to cave A would also take me through fire?

I ask because I've graphed the structure of the caves out on paper, and it doesn't seem to be possible to visit all rooms using only two objects if the doors are the same in each direction.
[close]

Faery's test: SOLUTION METHOD that does not rely on trial and error (assuming what I say in the spoiler above is true):

Spoiler

There are five rooms: purple (where you start), red, yellow, green and blue. Draw a large pentagon and join every corner to every other (so that you have a pentagram inside a pentagon). Now label each of the corners so each has a different one of these colours (the order doesn't matter). Take any two objects and pass through one of the doors in the purple room that you can get through. Note what object you used to get through the door and which room you end up in. Write the name of the object on the line joining the purple corner of your pentagon to the corner for the colour of the room you end up in. For example, if you use the feather and end up in the green room, then write "feather" on line joining the purple and green corners of the pentagon. Now go through the door you just came through to get back the purple room, and repeat for another door. (Be careful not to go through the middle door, which will take you back outside.)

Keep going until you have done as much as you can, then return to the purple room, speak to the faery and pick a different combination. Keep doing the above until you have written on each of the ten lines on your diagram.

Pick one of the objects. Lightly sketch out a new pentagram in a pentagon and copy on to it the exact arrangment of lines that are labelled with the object you have chosen. Repeat (on a new pentagon plus pentagram each time) with the other five objects. This gives you six new diagrams.

Now take these diagrams two at a time in all possible combinations (there are 15 ways to do this). If you find a pair of diagrams that enable you to trace a path starting in the purple room and visiting all of the other rooms, then the two objects in this pair are the two you need to choose to solve the puzzle.
[close]

This method works. The first time I tried it I made a mistake.

paolo

Em:

Thanks, but the goblins aren't there any more, so it looks like I missed that opportunity.

player1

Quote from: paolo on Fri 20/07/2007 12:41:42
Spoiler

[close]

paolo, this was in my case too. I'm not sure if I should have but
Spoiler

At the spot where the druid warns you, he is still there hidden in the trees, you can sorta see his robes right behind the tree on the left, you cannot talk with him, for some reason I got your bard's friend's dialoque in plain red letters (no dialogue boxes around). I just gave him the pigeon there, and he restored it. I don't know if that was a bug, but he was there, so I could heal the pigeon in chapter 5 even though the gobliiins was in the village.
[close]

kestrel (n.l.i.)

Quote from: Lyaer on Fri 20/07/2007 08:48:59
Kestrel -
Spoiler
Any hints on identifying the assassin?
[close]

Edit: Ack.  Meant to edit my last post.  Is there a way to delete them?

Hint:
Spoiler
There are a few characters that has been lying you to from the beginning.  Look at all the cutscenes, and you'll be able to eliminate most of them.
[close]

Slight spoiler:
Spoiler
Someone gives, in the course of conversation, both MOTIVE for the killing and a FALSE ALIBI that is later proven a lie when you see him/her saying something else to someone else.
[close]

kestrel (n.l.i.)

Where is the Princess's bedroom? :X

jenimad

Princess' Bedroom Hint-
Spoiler
Look at the second floor- doesn't anything look a little off to you?
[close]

Princess' Bedroom Blatant-
Spoiler
Go to the second floor- there's a blank wall where your bedroom used to be.  Use the water-bored stone on the blank wall
[close]

Cutscenes?
Spoiler
Okay, so they're needed to figure out the big mystery... I only triggered about half of them on my bed run-through so far... Any hints about triggering some more?
[close]

lynn1

Please help
Spoiler
Where is the grass?
[close]

player1

lynn1

grass - small hint
Spoiler

ask the monk in monastary about it, and read about it in book in library and ask him about it.
[close]

Raven

Spoiler
I need the key from the raven to get the orb. I defeated the goblins in the druid area and have the mask and a sharpened sword. How do I get the key. I wished for good health not animal trust. Btw, what cut-scenes?
[close]

person

A quick question about the comb:

Spoiler
I'm in ch.5 right now, and I need the comb to get into Havgan. I'm told to fill a bottle with water, but where do I get this bottle?
[close]

Thanks =)

person

Nevermind, I've got it =)

For anyone with the same problem:
Spoiler
Use the cidar bottle. If you don't have it, you can get it off the sleeping goblin in the orchid by Havgan. Empty it and refill it with water.
[close]

Tsumarin

Hopefully I didnt just miss the answer to this question, I tried to read through this whole thread but... how do I get into the shed? I've seen people ask, but I think everyone else has managed to figure it out before the answer is posted. Thanks for the help

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk