A Tale Of Two Kingdoms

Started by , Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49

Previous topic - Next topic

To get into the shed:

Hint:
Spoiler
Maybe someone can let you in. Warning: the game might crash in the process if you do something wrong, so save =)
[close]

Spoiler:
Spoiler
Talk to the druid. Ask him to do something for you, then click on his inventory. Using the arrow, click on the key, then close the inventory. Click the key on yourself, and he will let you borrow it. If you click on the hand in his inventory, then click on the key, the game will crash.
[close]

Tsumarin

Ah, thank you! I didn't even know that was an option, so I probably would have been stuck forever, hehe.

Questions

The bone

Spoiler
what is it for?
[close]

assassin

Spoiler
what are the clues, how do you know?
[close]

Weird rabbit

Spoiler
what can you do with it?
[close]

Is a 100% walkthrough forthcoming by anyone any time soon?  I suspect you can play this game over and over and never complete it fully.

I'm stuck on day 5. I know I have to convince the warlord to go back, but I can't even get near the camp. Whenever I walk up to it, the guard kills me. I've already used up my first chance to escape without doing anything, so how can I get near Skullcrusher? Thanks

anyel

the camp:
Spoiler
did you already defaet the giant?
[close]

The goblin camp:

Spoiler
Yes, I've already beaten the giant. I've also returned the key to the monk, if that has anything to do with it, but I'm not sure what to do now.
[close]

On a different note, concerning the brain:

Spoiler
I've read that it's located on an island east of the mercenary camp. But whenever I swim into the ocean, I die. Is it where I found the shell, because I don't see it there.
[close]

Em

Brain:
Spoiler
From memory, you need to swim east from the beach with the shipwreck
[close]

Sorceror?
Spoiler
How do I stop him in the kings room?  I use the chime, but it ends up on the ceiling.  Any hints?
[close]

Yaya

How to defeat the gobelins?

I'm stuck on day 5, I think.

I have no idea how to defeat them.

I already fought the giant, have the orb and tried to use it near the fall but it tells me that it is not the right time yet.

Help me please!

player1

Quote from: Em on Sat 21/07/2007 01:18:30
Brain:
Sorceror?
Spoiler
How do I stop him in the kings room?  I use the chime, but it ends up on the ceiling.  Any hints?
[close]

Spoiler

use the chime on sorcerer, then let geraint attack, then let branwyn throw the dagger on the chime
[close]

player1

Quote from: Yaya on Sat 21/07/2007 01:44:47
How to defeat the gobelins?

I'm stuck on day 5, I think.

I have no idea how to defeat them.

I already fought the giant, have the orb and tried to use it near the fall but it tells me that it is not the right time yet.

Help me please!

getting some stuff to help you
Spoiler

try getting your flute stolen on certain screens, then catch the thief, in his hideout is something you'll need. He lives nearby the camp, he'll leave a trail.
[close]
and
Spoiler

you'll need to pass by as one of their own (gobliiins) For this you'll need some kind of enchantment, you'll find it on the screen below the giant.
[close]

Yaya

getting some stuff to help you
Spoiler

try getting your flute stolen on certain screens, then catch the thief, in his hideout is something you'll need. He lives nearby the camp, he'll leave a trail.
[close]
and
Spoiler

you'll need to pass by as one of their own (gobliiins) For this you'll need some kind of enchantment, you'll find it on the screen below the giant.
[close]

Thanks Player1.

Spoiler

Are you talking about the comb and the golden apple? I have all that already. I was trying to use the orb to freeze the pond (near the waterfall) and use it as a mirror surface with my comb. But it's not working and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have no idea how to use the golden apple either.

Any other hint you may give me?

Thanks a lot again for your help!

[close]

Anon

Hey Yaya, as for the golden apple:

Warning: detailed spoilers below  :D
Spoiler
Supposing you haven't gotten rid of the goblins at Havgan yet, go to the lake with standing water. Use the comb and go to Havgan, where the druid used to be but is now overrun by goblins. Go into the druid's old house, and put the golden apple in the stew pot. The goblins will eat it and fall asleep. After that, you can go find Skullcrusher and beat him.
[close]

Now for my question. I have done everything I've stated above; but how do I get the orb?
[/spoiler] I've already gotten the key from the raven and returned it to the monk. Now what? Do I just keep looking for the raven? I've tried that and I just can't find it. [/spoiler]

Anon

Unable to edit the above message; will try to rephrase better in this one. I have done everything I've said in the spoiler, except for beating Skullcrusher (obviously), since I don't know how to get the orb.

Also, my apologies for the spoiler that got away  :-X

Yaya

Quote from: Anon on Sat 21/07/2007 02:28:45
Hey Yaya, as for the golden apple:

Warning: detailed spoilers below  :D
Spoiler
Supposing you haven't gotten rid of the goblins at Havgan yet, go to the lake with standing water. Use the comb and go to Havgan, where the druid used to be but is now overrun by goblins. Go into the druid's old house, and put the golden apple in the stew pot. The goblins will eat it and fall asleep. After that, you can go find Skullcrusher and beat him.
[close]

Now for my question. I have done everything I've stated above; but how do I get the orb?
[/spoiler] I've already gotten the key from the raven and returned it to the monk. Now what? Do I just keep looking for the raven? I've tried that and I just can't find it. [/spoiler]

Thanks a lot Anon, it worked.

As per the orb:
Spoiler

you need the key, I don't know if you'll be able to get it back from the monk but once you have the key back, open the window in the library and get out of the monastery, then climb through the window (the monk won't be in the library) and you can open the glass cupboard and get the orb.

I can't get to the Gobelin camp. I get back to my humane form and get killed by the gobelin guard. Any hint on that? (I have the gobelin mask in my inventory and tried to use it to no avail)
[close]

Fay

Quote from: Anon on Sat 21/07/2007 02:28:45

Spoiler
I've already gotten the key from the raven and returned it to the monk. Now what? Do I just keep looking for the raven? I've tried that and I just can't find it.
[close]

How to enter the goblin camp:
Spoiler
I think that since you've given the key to the monk already (you could have waited until you didn't need the orb anymore) you're never going to get the orb now. As an alternate route, defeat the giant and then ask him to take you to the goblin camp.
[close]

Anon

Thank you for your suggestions everybody. Unfortunately, I reloaded at the beggining of Chapter 5, since there were many other things that I did not get the first time around. This also mean I have to redo the fairies' quest -____-

Anon

Sorry to post again, but how exactly do I beat Skullcrusher?

What I've read so far:
Spoiler
You can use the bag of sand or the black crystal. Do I have use of the crystal later on in the game? If so, I'd rather keep it. How can I use the bag of sand? Skullcrusher challenges me and I'm forced to draw a weapon. The only thing I can use is the rusty sword, but it's too blunt to do any damage and I die. Is there a trick or something where I can sneak up to him from behind?
[close]

Thanks again ;D

Fizzii

Anon -
Spoiler
You'll need to get your rusty sword polished; you can't use any other weapon for fighting Rashakk
[close]

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Anon:

Spoiler
no, you don't need the onyx crystal for anything else.  In fact, I found it somewhat of an oversight that you couldn't call down the might of the dark faerie on the sorcerer at the end.
[close]

I'm still waiting for some explanation on:

Spoiler
how precisely to get to this mythic wizard's tower place that shows up on the map from the castle (and seems to be where the lighthouse is).  The reason being that I used the holy water on the first barghest and the charm to save the princess from pooka's enchantment, so unless I find this snake symbol mentioned there is no way of removing the barghest with what I have in my possession.  It's a shame that the horseshoe can't be used here to trap the barghest in the corner, since it's largely a useless one-off item for gambling with the goblins otherwise.
[close]

Fizzii

ProgZmax -

Spoiler
From the beach area one screen north of the mercenary camp, swim east to get to the island. Horseshoe has two other uses besides gambling, and yes, one of them involves the barghest.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk