A Tale Of Two Kingdoms

Started by , Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Zazzaro

*edit* My Original post was not a good one. Its an enormous spoiler as labeled below with the answer. Dont ruin the mystery for yourself, i actually now wish i hadnt. A game like this is rare as we all know and doesnt come around much at all, dont ruin it for yourself by reading the answer below this post labeled ENORMOUS SPOILER. Its not worth it. *edit*

Charity

To Kestrel -
Spoiler
Thanks, I found the assassin and showed the truth to the princess, and got the same error you mentioned.  Most frustrating.  I don't suppose you found a way past it?
[close]

To Zazzaro (enormous spoiler) -
Spoiler
Blossom.
[close]

nobody

Can somebody tell me how to open the door at the tailors shop

Huh?

How in the world is?????????????!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler
Calite the assassin? Cause he couldn't pay back the tailor? The Tailor wanted money too? Moreover, what evidence is there that we have to give to the fairy queen that Calite is the assassin. In fact, in one scene, Calite demands that the sorceress apprentice should reveal the assassin. An assassin demands that he be revealed? I only finished the game at about 80% wisdom, so I must've missed evidence that Calite did it? Moreover, we hear, after escaping the castle, from the large house, that someone in that house was involved. How is Calite linked to that house, where the jeweler does business? Calite is the assassin? Please say you're kidding.
[close]

jenimad

Quote from: Huh? on Sat 21/07/2007 06:13:14
How in the world is?????????????!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler
Calite the assassin? Cause he couldn't pay back the tailor? The Tailor wanted money too? Moreover, what evidence is there that we have to give to the fairy queen that Calite is the assassin. In fact, in one scene, Calite demands that the sorceress apprentice should reveal the assassin. An assassin demands that he be revealed? I only finished the game at about 80% wisdom, so I must've missed evidence that Calite did it? Moreover, we hear, after escaping the castle, from the large house, that someone in that house was involved. How is Calite linked to that house, where the jeweler does business? Calite is the assassin? Please say you're kidding.
[close]

Mega-spoilers-

Spoiler
I didn't really see all the cutscenes, but I just tried it out- and apparently he is the assassin.  The reasoning I gave (that worked) was that he wanted to set up a stronger leader... I gave a note and a bit of cloth for evidence.  I still need to work backwards, I think, to figure out what's going on...
And personally, I think that conversation at the large house might be a red herring- for the assassin anyway.  I think around the time of the assassination, someone was stealing your belt-thingy... which shows up at the jeweler's.  I need to replay the game, but that's my theory for the moment.
[close]

Fizzii

In my opinion, such a major spoiler probably shouldn't have been posted, because people will read it anyway :P

Spoiler
It does make sense if you pay attention to dialogue. You can figure out who was in the castle at the time by talking to various characters, and then by process of elimination (figuring out who was doing what during the night), can find out the assassin that way. You don't really *need* to see all the cutscenes to work this out
[close]

And yes, there are some red herrings too, but they make sense
Spoiler
eg, the perfumed hair, is obviously Rhiannon's... and it'd make sense that it's there
[close]

oops, missed this:
nobody -
QuoteCan somebody tell me how to open the door at the tailors shop
Spoiler
There may be something in the stables to help you
[close]

Huh?

Jeni, that makes no sense at all. That person as an assassin is so off base that it can be said that he was chosen for one reason: so people would play again and again. As I said, a cut scene shows that it can't be they. Would an assassin demand that he be revealed.

Additionally, the note is not evidence of anything. Let's look: the note says you predicted so let us come together. Who is this person to make diplomacy? When was he told and why? Who is he to be told of a prophecy?

I really have to laugh? I'm sorry.

I must come to the conclusion that the authors decided on this assassin so as to make us play and play. This makes sense. Why? Cause it took them a long, long while to create this game. So to make that long effort worthwhile, we have to take a long, long time to figure (more like try and try again) out the culprit.

The real assassins, I submit, are the authors. They who assassinate logic and their own pixel reality.

With more thought, an assassin would make sense. It doesn't here.

Not to say it's a bad game. It's a good one. It's just to say, somethings were poorly figured.

Fizzii

Sorry, Huh?, but you must've missed a number of clues for the player...

Spoiler
To all the city folk, villagers, soldiers, etc, Maeldun IS the murderer. The assassin asks the apprentice to find Maeldun (but refers to him as the assassin of course).

The note works as evidence, because Seelie can't work out if Maeldun is fully correct without some evidence of it. But it's not proper evidence for the player, since anyone could've written it. There are two other items that you can use as evidence.
[close]

Being honest, I didn't know who the assassin was for sure until towards the end when we were finishing the game. Only Radiant knew for 2+ years. And then it turned out I was correct just by playing through the game, so you can't just say that the author was illogical.

Huh?

Fizzi, first off I see no evidence that this person did it. Maybe I missed something as I  did only get 80% wisdom.

However, the note proves nothing. In fact, it argues against this individual. As I pointed out, who is this person to make alliances? He is not in the realm's government. And why would that individual contact this assassin? He has no pull in Theylinn.

Moreover, why would the assassin demand that the assassin be revealed when he is the assassin?

To boot, if the assassin did what he did to make Theylinn rougher, how would he know that the daughter would be, or that she would marry someone who would be?

That you didn't know until you were told shows that it was arbitrary and a dice throw.

Hey, the game is well done, but it suffers here.

Fizzii

I didn't know *for sure*, but I had a good idea that it was this character that did it. I didn't make an arbitrary choice - the evidence pointed to this person far more than any other. Besides, someone worked out the assassin by themselves, so it can't be that illogical.

Spoiler
If you play through properly, you might find some more clues for yourself, and more explanation once all is revealed in the game. Basically the whole thing is rather complex and comes to a power play, and I'm sure you know of another bad guy around.
[close]

Spoiler
Try taking the full truthgem to the assassin for instance, then you'll get a better reason, even if you die :P
[close]

And to reply your post below - you don't seem to have paid much attention to the cutscenes before the beginning of the chapters.

Huh?

Btw, Fizzi, Seelie needs to work things out? Does he not see all?

Huh?

Fizzi, why would I take the truth gem to the assassin when there is no evidence that he is the assassin? The game demands I take it to the princess, so I can move on.

As I said, I got only 80% wisdom, so maybe there's evidence that so points. But--and I repeat myself--the assassin is overheard demanding that the assassin be revealed.

Now why is that done? Because as I said, the authors, having spent a long time making this game, wanted players to spend a long time playing.

No assassin demands to have himself revealed.

You put that in to misdirect. It makes no sense.

reagel

Hmm: I'm stuck betwen a bug and a hard place. When I'm a rabbit, I run into the bug that freezes the game when I try to cross the bridge. Someone hinted that it's possible to get past this point without using the bridge, but I can't manage it- can anyone describe it further?

Fizzii

reagel - try crossing somewhere else. Bridge crossing is a bug which will be fixed when v1.1 is released.
Spoiler
Try the lilypad
[close]

Huh? - to clear things up, this is the dialogue in the cutscene you refer to:
Spoiler
Have you found that murderer yet?
I'm not looking for him.
Balor's eye! Whiteblade must be found! etc etc
[close]

reagel

Thanks for the hint Fizzii, but
Spoiler
when I try to cross at the lily pad, I either get the message about being uncomfortable crossing water or, if I use the hand icon, I get the message that I don't want to uproot the plant. I also occasionally get a strange kind of bug where the fox and I go running around the bushes on the bank and through the stream for some reason. You do mean the lily pad which is one screen to the left of the monastery, right?
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Fizzii

reagel - no, not that one, the other one in the room south. Besides, it's  on the other side from where you are, so you can't reach it (though a different response might be good I suppose)

Huh?

Fizzi, so the assassin asks she who knows to tell?

She knows, and he asks her to tell?

Fizz, it makes no sense at all. Unless you see it as I told: you tale a long time so I have ta' too.

Leonard LePage

Princess problems

Spoiler
Could someone please tell me how to save the princess in the woods? I'm stumped.
[close]

Meerbat

Huh? -

Spoiler
The thief yells thief. He is also testing to see if the apprentice knows the truth and if she is a potential danger to him.
[close]

morsie

for anyone having trouble with stolen flute:

SPOILER.

Spoiler
I think  there might be a way to avoid it for some time. Think about other ways of getting to mercenary camp, to avoid meeting with the thief. Temporary solution, though. you will need to get it stolen. when it happens try visiting the beach.
[close]

i need some help with the scarecrow, please SPOILER.

Spoiler
how do I help the scarecrow? i know i need to go the island i saw on the map in  the castle but how can I do thar, seeing that i die swimming there and i can;t board the vessel? is there a route i should figure out to swim anyway?
[close]

edit: neve mind, i figued it out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk