A Tale Of Two Kingdoms

Started by , Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Zazzaro

Fizzii I apologize for asking about the assassin. After digging thru the first 6 or 7 pages i saw numerous discussions about it and figured it had been revealed in the next 7 pages. Like i posted i didnt want to keep digging thru cause i saw a few spoilers that i didnt mean or want to see. I dont want to take anything away from this excellent game you all worked so hard on, and i hope you arent too upset. I would have figured out the assassin purely by process of elimination eventually by choosing answers and restoring until i got it. Yeah I'm that guy that reads the last paragraph of a book before i start reading it.

Now, Ive been trying to get on the caravelgames site but my comcast has been down most of the night and now i cant get on. In my post about the error, you said you could send me a save game file from patch 1.1. I was wondering if that offer is still good and you could send me one saved right at the very start of the game. Will that still fix my error problem when i get there? Im going for the 100, 100. email is zazzarmp@hotmail.com

*edit* For what its worth i edited my original post to try and lure people away from ruining the mystery for themselves. If they want to know so bad, make a table and just try all combinations of people and answers like i should have done. *edit*

Mordalles

hi.

i'm in chapter 8, in a very dark tunnel. i can't go back, because the game won't let me, and i can't go on because it's too dark. how do i proceed? i have a lantern.
nothing seems to be able to make fire?  :-\

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Jon

I'm stuck on chapter 4, I have:

Spoiler
Been robbed, defeated bargest and won money from goblins. I see the raven has something but I don't know how to make her stay still. I can't get pumpkin and don't know how to defeat the ogre. There is something in the hole outside the ogre camp, but I can't get it. I also can't find the portal.
Any hints or actual solutions?
[close]

Fizzii

Mordalles -
Spoiler
Check Branwyn's inventory
[close]

Jon -
Spoiler
Raven, giant, scarecrow puzzles are related to fairytales (try and think of a fairytale which features a raven, giant strength-proving test, and not-very-smart scarecrow). You can't stick anything down the hole, but is there something that might help bring the object up? Portal should be easy to find - the location is very 'faerie-like', but you do need something to actually reveal the portal
[close]

Zazzaro - check your email. An exe file is getting put up at the moment for those who already have the game.

Jon

Fizzii:

I am not so good with fairy tales, so I still have no idea. Could you give me a push in the right direction?

Fizzii

Jon -

Spoiler
Scarecrow - Wizard of Oz (If only I had a brain). You'll need to explore the ocean to find this one.
Raven and shiny thing - one of Aesop's fables (The Fox and the Raven). Try and get it to sing.
Giant - The Brave Little Tailor - prove you're stronger than the giant by means of trickery.
[close]

Zazzaro

Thanks Fizzii. So does that mean i dont have to get the exe file? Just start playing from the save file, and move it into my ATOTK folder?

Jon

Ah, thanks Fizzii, now I have the solution. But..

Spoiler
I gave the brain to the wizard-girl
[close]

Fizzii

Jon - that's a side quest anyway, and should not hinder you from progressing further (Just means you don't get the very best ending)

Zazzaro - You do have to get the exe file, and you replace the v1.0 exe file with this new v1.1exe file (note that your saved games will no longer work with this version)
The exe file can be downloaded here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NEEUX950
It will need to be unzipped to your ATOTK folder.

Ledz

QuoteUnfortunately, all available bandwidth is currently reserved for our premium customers. Therefore, free downloads will be unavailable for the next 7 hours.

We're working on adding more capacity for free users and would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

Your Megaupload Team

kinda problematic, that download link..

morsie

only 7 hours? i would have to wait 20. lol. and even after that time you would need to
try using megaupload toolbar. it sometimes helps..

unknown

Quote from: GradyTn on Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49
How do I

Spoiler
escape once I sneak out of my room? Can't go downstairs and can't open any door.
[close]

do you know how to do it now cause i dont i still stuck?!?!?! ???

reagel

Ok,  this little rabbit is still totally stuck! Sorry, but can anyone give me very clear step-by-step directions on how to
Spoiler
get to the screen with the lily pad? Once I get to the bridge I can either go back to the beach (right) or back to the cross roads (up) but I can't go along the stream to the left. If I go back to the crossroads, I can go up to the monastery, and then left to the stream bank, but at this point I can't go down to the point with the lily pad. (I can do this in human form by walking across the stream, but not in rabbit form.)
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

HELP
How do I open the latch at the tailors shop?

reagel

Guest, to open the latch,
Spoiler
use the nail that you pulled out of the post in the stables
[close]

Trent R

I absolutely loved this game, and remember checking it out a couple years ago. So glad it's finally released and well worth the wait!

I beat the game with an okay ending, and now I'm playing through very carefully and trying to get 100/100. 

However I'm stuck escaping the castle...
Spoiler
...without breaking the vase. How is it done?
[close]
Spoiler
Ways I know to escape:
1. Douse the barracks torch, drop vase
2. Toss vase through window
[close]

~Sirus
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

P S

HELP!!

How do you do the maze/gems?

Have tried mapping the whole thing out and still can't do it!!

Trent R

P S~
Spoiler
The maze is different each time you play. It's basically just trial and error. Pick one of the items and goes as far as you can through the doors, collecting the games that you can. Then go back and pick another item that will get you further.
[close]
Keys to the maze doors:
Spoiler
Item - Door
Mole claw - rocks
Eagle wing - clouds
Dragon Scale - fire
Leaf - leaves
Bat wing - night
[close]

reagel~
I don't think you even need to go near the bridge. How I did it...
Spoiler
...was to have the fox chase me from the scarecrow and went down, down, left, left, and click walk on the lilypad. Those directions might be wrong (and I can't go back and check cause I saved over the file), but basically just take the shortest route to the lilypad.
[close]

~Sirus
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Storygamer

Sorry if I am repeating someone else's question.  I only read about half of this thread because (a) it's 16 pages long and (b) in checking out spoilers looking for someone in my same situation, I ended up learning the solutions to like 6 different puzzles I hadn't even encountered yet, which is a bit frustrating since it detracts from the satisfaction of solving at least a few of those on my own.

Anyway, I'm in chapter 4--
Spoiler
My two biggest questions are:

-How do I get an animal for the druid?  I'd prefer not to use the well wish since I want to save it (and besides even using the well wish, I don't know what to do).  I found the squirrel and the acorns but can't seem to capture the squirrel--teh bag is apparently too small.

-Is there some way to play dice with the goblins without losing my bottle?  I want to be able to keep the bottle so I can get more cider later for use with faeries if necessary.  Once again, if I can avoid it I don't want to use the well just yet--I know I can wish for wealth but if there's a way to have the goblins' wealth, the cider, AND still have my wish un-used, then that's the way I want.

-Is there any point to wishing for a drink at the well?  It was hilarious seeing Cuppit again but it didn't do anything for me that I can see.
[close]

Trent R

Storygamer~

Animal: (progressive hints)
Spoiler
You need something bigger, some sort of cloth.
Spoiler
You get it in the town.
Spoiler
The cloak at the tailor's.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Bottle:
Spoiler
You can retrieve your bottle. They toss it into the river.
Spoiler
Check the next screen over.
[close]
[close]

Drink Wish:
I think the fact that Cuppit shows up says that its a easter egg/red herring/joke by the creators.

~Sirus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk