A Tale Of Two Kingdoms

Started by , Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Jocker

I am stuck at the beginnin of chapter 5. Can anyone give me some hints, please

Spoiler
I have the orb from the monastery, the flute, a golden apple, cider, lantern, shovel, the note from the jeweller about the belt, the rune, the stone from the druid. I have already been to the sidhe and spoke with the Queen of fair folk. Now I donlt know how to beat the goblin army, help the sorcerer girl and get my belt or matches.
[close]

If anyone could offer any hints, I would be grateful.

Leonard LePage

I asked this question a couple pages ago and no one responded, so I'm going to go ahead and ask it again. I hope that isn't poor hint forum etiquette.

Spoiler
Could someone please tell me how to save the princess in the woods? Spoil me, please.
[close]

Leonard LePage

Jocker

Spoiler
If you want to help the fairy girl, go to the monastery and talk to the monk. There's a book in the library that can help you, but you can't read it without someone's assistance.
[close]

Hope that helps!

Meerbat

Leonard -
Quote from: Leonard LePage on Sat 21/07/2007 21:13:17
Spoiler
Could someone please tell me how to save the princess in the woods? Spoil me, please.
[close]

Spoiler
The rune you find in the goblins' camp can dispell faery magic. Helping Rhiannon is a side quest, by the way.
[close]

Leonard LePage

Meerbat, thank you very much!

Jocker

Yes it does Leonard thank you and if you want to help the princess.. oh i see someone posted a spoiler for that :)

Leonard LePage

Regarding the rune...

Spoiler
Is there anyway to acquire it before you beat the Goblin Warleader in a duel? I've tried to get it before, but every time I break out of my cage and grab the rune, I get caught. It tells me I haven't been stealthy enough, but I don't know how to increase my stealth.
[close]

Zazzaro

Sirus or anyone else for that matter, I'm also trying to get a perfect score and am having trouble escaping by

Spoiler
  not breaking the vase. Also, i couldnt find the hair again. I thought it was in the kings room but i couldnt find it
[close]

Jocker

Quote from: Leonard LePage on Sat 21/07/2007 22:03:57
Regarding the rune...

Spoiler
Is there anyway to acquire it before you beat the Goblin Warleader in a duel? I've tried to get it before, but every time I break out of my cage and grab the rune, I get caught. It tells me I haven't been stealthy enough, but I don't know how to increase my stealth.
[close]

Spoiler
grab the rune  but <Maeldun isn;t going anywhere without wetting his feet.
[close]
hope it helps

Jocker

and another, small question..

Spoiler
i know the game has no dead-end situations but is there any way to trade the tailor's life if you didn't get the shiled earlier? I already helped the girl and freed the kingdom of the goblin thread, but i hadnlt niticed that particular shiled when i had the occasion to grab it. Is there anything else I could trade for the poor man's life? i tried the crystal and the pumpkin, they donlt seem interested. just a hint if there is anything else i can find?
[close]

would appreciate a pointer on this.

O

For the love of God... I've already played through, but without doing the giant side quest and getting a crappy ending all because I can't figure out how to pick up the bloody pigeon. 
Spoiler
From the moment I saw it, I said, 'better take that to the druid,' but nothing seems to make the bird budge and I've been fussing with it for three hours.  I've even tried giving all of my items to Branwyn (it wouldn't wllow me to) on the off chance it had to be carried seperately), and still it gives me a message simply stating 'The pigeon ruffles its feathers' the moment i try to move it.
[close]

Either kill me or help me, please...

O

O great... different BBS tags.  Crap.  Sorry for the minor spoiler.

Leonard LePage

Girdle Question

Spoiler
How do I get the girdle back?
Do I have to break into the Jeweler's shop after it's closed?
If so, how?
[close]

Jocker

Quote from: O on Sun 22/07/2007 00:30:06
For the love of God... I've already played through, but without doing the giant side quest and getting a crappy ending all because I can't figure out how to pick up the bloody pigeon. 
Spoiler
From the moment I saw it, I said, 'better take that to the druid,' but nothing seems to make the bird budge and I've been fussing with it for three hours.  I've even tried giving all of my items to Branwyn (it wouldn't wllow me to) on the off chance it had to be carried seperately), and still it gives me a message simply stating 'The pigeon ruffles its feathers' the moment i try to move it.
[close]

Either kill me or help me, please...

A hint/spoiler
Spoiler
Seen a well? Make the well fulfill your wish.
[close]

KuroShiro

Beat the game without too much trouble, but I have a few outstanding questions (about sidequests mostly). Probably some pretty big spoilers below.

Spoiler
- I guessed the right assassin (just since he'd been obviously lying the whole time I guess), but when I gave the gem to the princess after that, the game crashed. Has this been fixed in the new version that was posted eariler? Hope so ... since that will necessitate starting the game all over again, it'd be nice to get a couple hints as to how to do some of the sidequests, as there are no logical ways to start them, or any hints in the game whatsoever, really. IE ...
- Getting the belt back from the jeweller. I assume this can be done in the time she's out of her shop, but there's really no obvious way to go about this.
- Helping the changeling ... he says he can't go through the gate because he doesn't want to. Maybe there was supposed to be a hint given somewhere, but I guess it was too vague for me  :P
- Helping the apprentice. Perhaps this has something to do with the cider-making woman in the village, but who knows.
- Using the horseshoe to beat the Barghest. This is more just curiosity really, as I want to see what happens.

Oh, and I don't know if these have been fixed yet, but a few fairly major crash bugs: 1). The previously mentioned one with the princess.  2). If you happen to have the goblin in boxer shorts appear in that screen to the south of the village (only happened to me once) and you talk to him, the game crashes after the first line of dialogue. 3). If you try to use the self-bored stone when Rhiannon is trapped in the forest, you can't leave your inventory and the game freezes if you hit escape. 4). If you play your flute a 2nd time in the main hall in the end game, the dialogue replays (in red) and then the game crashes when it tries to move the non-existant guards. 5). When you're being chased by the Barghest, if you try to enter the ship the game locks up. Probably happens at the monestary window too.
[close]
That's all. Thanks for any hints/nudges anyone can provide. I was thinking of trying to put together a walkthrough, but I'm not smart enough to get 100% in both stats  :P
"What's it made of?" "Cyanide and Happiness." "Happiness? Hot damn, I'll take 4!"

jenimad

Changeling Sidequest Hint-
Spoiler
You have to find his 'double' in the human world, and you have to have seen some sort of proof that he's not human.
[close]

Fay

Quote from: jenimad on Sun 22/07/2007 06:37:25
Spoiler
You have to find his 'double' in the human world, and you have to have seen some sort of proof that he's not human.
[close]

I have no idea how to get that proof.

Spoiler
I assume you're talking about the urchin. After I steal the apple from his ship he tells me to leave and I never see him again. I've tried giving him cider when he's at the bridge (I heard faeries like it) but it just says "you don't want to spray the urchin with cider" or something like that.
[close]

jenimad

Quote from: Fay on Sun 22/07/2007 07:11:41
Quote from: jenimad on Sun 22/07/2007 06:37:25
Spoiler
[close]

I have no idea how to get that proof.

Spoiler
I assume you're talking about the urchin. After I steal the apple from his ship he tells me to leave and I never see him again. I've tried giving him cider when he's at the bridge (I heard faeries like it) but it just says "you don't want to spray the urchin with cider" or something like that.
[close]

There's probably other methods to do it, but-

Spoiler
Use the goblin iron symbol-thing on him in the brief pause while you're in the ship.
[close]

leis

I've only just downloaded but am stuck, I cant seem to walk of the pier just goes to the end but wont walk off

leis

Quote from: leis on Sun 22/07/2007 09:16:13
I've only just downloaded but am stuck, I cant seem to walk of the pier just goes to the end but wont walk off
oh! I see dont worry about answering I just worked it out

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk