A Tale Of Two Kingdoms

Started by , Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49

Previous topic - Next topic

jenimad

Hints/spoilers for the belt quest-
Spoiler
You need the rope, yes.

You also need someone with experience at being a bit underhanded- perhaps you can get this person's cooperation somehow? 

It was pretty easy once it got rolling, but while you can activate everything early, you can't do the break-in until Chapter Six.
[close]

More blatant-
Spoiler
You need to somehow get the thief's cooperation- try giving him a taste of his own medicine.
[close]

Jocker

I have finished the game by niw with a pretty good score..I am just wondering... and this is a yes or no questiion, concerning the ending.

*WARNING* big spoiler comes next.

Spoiler
is there a way to end the game so that Geraint is ok? i guess i am hoping he will. he's a pretty decent guy, it would be a shame if he stayed in such a..peculiar condition. /hide]
[close]

Jenimad

I'm what you'd call a challenged adventurer  :P Could you be very blatant, like in telling? Just title your spoiler that you're answering specifically. Thanks.

jenimad

What I have worked out for the belt quest so far-
BLATANT spoilers (don't say I didn't warn anyone):

Spoiler
First of all, you need to know where the belt is and have something physical to show people.  You just need to look at the ad for it and then click on it with the hand icon in the Jewelry store- the lady will give you a piece of paper about it.

Then you need to have had your flute stolen- when you go to get it back, stop in the entrance and look up- realizing there is a net there makes it so you won't trip it.  Proceed as usual, getting your stuff back.  When the game tells you that there's someone coming, click the hand icon on the net- this will cause you to spring the trap and catch the thief- I don't know if there are other ways to do it, but I chose to talk at him a bit and get him to promise to stop thieving.

Once the thief is sorta on your side, you can show him the belt advertisement...  I don't know if I should continue, but that's a HUGE start on getting the belt back.
[close]

Thanks Jenimad

Spoiler
I tried to cut the net down but that didn't work.
[close]

Looking forward to your walkthrough if you decide to make it. (Pease make it!   :-*)

Zazzaro

Dang it i wonder why im having the pigeon problem. No one else seems to be having this problem. I wonder if its something i did questwise that triggered it. Like i said i thought maybe it was a bug or they changed the puzzle with it cause on my second run thru, items are in different places. The raven is in a new spot, and the single coin you find is in a new spot. I guess i can start over again and see if i run into the same problem.

jenimad

Quote from: Guest on Mon 23/07/2007 00:32:01
Thanks Jenimad

Spoiler
I tried to cut the net down but that didn't work.
[close]

Looking forward to your walkthrough if you decide to make it. (Pease make it!   :-*)

Spoiler
Don't cut the net down- just look at it when you first get in the ship so it won't fall on you, and use the hand icon on it when you know the thief is coming back.
[close]

I could do a bare-minimum walkthrough at the moment... But I'm trying for something neater ;D  I probably still won't get all the alternate solutions and such...

Leonard LePage

Thank you Jenimad and Meerbat! Both of you have been tremendously helpful.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but...

Spoiler
...in the beginning of the game when you're at the castle, you can see Ruadh (the thief) wandering about on the top floor. I tried to look at him, touch him and speak to him, but he ignored me.
[close]

Is this "sighting" important to the game later on? It's a really great touch, I'm just wondering what relevance it bears to the rest of the story. Maybe I should wait and see for myself?

jenimad

Okay, I managed to get past where I was stuck with the belt, so I've finished the game.  My final score was 95/94, I was missing five cutscenes, and I did all the sidequests.
I can't promise I know EVERYTHING, but I am going to work on that walkthrough and try and give some help here still.

Plus I have to figure out what to do with a walkthrough anyhow, because it'll likely be kinda unwieldy to post here ^_^;

Jenimad, post it either as a new thread or on the AGS walkthrough site.

jenimad

I definitely don't have all the alternate solutions to things, or 100%... Would anyone mind if I did a new thread?  That way I could edit in alternate solutions and people could easily contribute...
Hrm, I'm not sure that's even allowed though ^_^;

Jenimad, post a new thread and people who don't want to see a walkthrough don't have to read it.

Btw, the belt

Spoiler
how do I beat the alarm
[close]

jenimad

I'll try and organize my notes and I'll make a new thread- right now all I have is a big text file of everything I did and in what chapter ^_^;  I'm going to try and at least group it by quest/task.

Belt alarm-
Spoiler
Do you mean the Jeweler catching you, or something else?  Highlight the next bit if that's what you meant.
[close]

Spoiler
I've only found two solutions so far- one bad (Lost ALL my honor points) and one that doesn't lose points.

Basically the hint? Try throwing something at her.  I don't think you can avoid triggering her.
[close]

Thanks, jenimad. Take your time on the WT.

claire

I know there's a coin by the waterfall but when my game died and I had to start over, it wasn't there! What's going on??

jenimad

Quote from: claire on Mon 23/07/2007 03:50:29
I know there's a coin by the waterfall but when my game died and I had to start over, it wasn't there! What's going on??

A couple of things in the game have their location randomized as far as I can tell- the coin being one of them.

TheJBurger

Quote from: Meerbat on Sun 22/07/2007 23:44:46
TheJBurger -

Spoiler
You should be able to create a distraction someplace else, even if you don't have the flute.
[close]

Leonard -

What exactly do I need to do?

KuroShiro

Jenimad -
Just for the hell of it, I've started working on a walkthrough. I managed to get 100% of the cutscenes (some are *really* easy to miss), and finished almost everything. Just figured since you said you are writing one, I would ask if you want to collaborate. Let me know  ;D Oh, and thanks for the nudge ^^.
"What's it made of?" "Cyanide and Happiness." "Happiness? Hot damn, I'll take 4!"

Trent R

Jenimad~
I too am working on a walkthrough of sorts. I started work out a point list, which I'll PM to you. Hope it helps you out.

~Sirus
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

Fizzii

TheJBurger -

Spoiler
I suggest pyromania
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk