A Tale Of Two Kingdoms

Started by , Mon 16/07/2007 05:48:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Clefaria

Quote from: Fizzii on Tue 04/12/2007 07:47:44
Clefaria -

Spoiler
Yes, the stableboy was with her in the room to the right of where she was (where the river is, and where the two goblins originally were). You need to go to the stables BEFORE you free Rhiannon in order to get the note. Otherwise, once you free her, they ride off and naturally reach the city before you.
[close]

Spoiler
Damnit, the walkthrough said nothing about that :'( Because of that save game issue with overwriting saves without notice, the most recent save I have before Chapter 5 starts is just having gotten the raskovnik... (and doing things in the order the walkthrough says to...) I really don't want to do most of Chapter 4 over again just because of a save bug...
[close]

Radiant

To avoid that, simply open the game folder in your Windows explorer, and rename saved games until they're all numbered sequentially, starting from zero.

For instance, if they're 000, 001, 003, and 004, then obviously the number 002 is left out, so rename 004 to 002 and you're all set.

Clefaria

Quote from: Radiant on Tue 04/12/2007 16:42:51
To avoid that, simply open the game folder in your Windows explorer, and rename saved games until they're all numbered sequentially, starting from zero.

For instance, if they're 000, 001, 003, and 004, then obviously the number 002 is left out, so rename 004 to 002 and you're all set.

That will keep saved games from being overwritten? And why does it put them out of order to begin with?

Is there a limit to the number of saved games?

Clefaria

Quote from: Clefaria on Tue 04/12/2007 17:27:42
Quote from: Radiant on Tue 04/12/2007 16:42:51

That will keep saved games from being overwritten? And why does it put them out of order to begin with?

Doesn't anyone know? o.o;

Radiant

Twenty (000-019) plus one for the autosave. Since the game has no dead ends this has not so far caused serious problems for anyone.

Clefaria

Quote from: Radiant on Sat 08/12/2007 22:01:57

Twenty (000-019) plus one for the autosave. Since the game has no dead ends this has not so far caused serious problems for anyone.

I wanted to see the best ending, though. :P The walkthrough should make that point clear from before. :/

Superman Josh

i need help with escaping. i got out of my room and picked up a bucket of water and the listen to Paladurs and Geraints conversation. I through the water on the torch and now i am on a balcony and i am stuck

what do i do???

Fizzii

Superman Josh -

Spoiler
Knock the guard out somehow, then climb down the side wall of the gate
[close]

Supermanlover

okay. i am seriously think i am stuck. i have a snake talisman, the self-bore stone, the ice orb, some acorns but i already gave the druid the squirrel, gave the scarecrow a brain, he let me get a pumpkin, gave the pumpkin to the man on the bridge, don't know why i did that, i have a bag full of sand, some holy water and apples, i have a rune that disrupts fairy magic, cant find the pigeon everyone is talking about, got the lantern but no matches, i have no freaking idea what that stupid conch is for, please help. i am officially stuck, oh and plus i cant get into the city, i haven't even been in yet.

Please help. i am so lost

Radiant

The two main ways of doing that are

Spoiler

Using the wishing well to get people to trust you
[close]
and
Spoiler

Using the elixir from the tool shed to grow the vine next to the city wall, and climb over.
[close]

Confused

i am in chapter four and i have found the entrance but whatever combination i try i cant get all the gems , i have tried giving her wine and the rune and the shell but pooka just drinks the wine and rejects all the others and the rune breaks, i have written every combination down but none of them work, how do i get through???

Radiant

The easiest way is by
Spoiler

using the wishing well to make the faeries trust you.
[close]

However,
Spoiler

if you give Pooka the cider or cold iron rune, she should let you pick up all six objects in the first room, after which it should be easy to find all four Gems.
[close]

Furthermore,
Spoiler

the puzzle remains possible without doing any of the above, if you draw up a map.
[close]

Galen

Spoiler
At the beginning of the game. How do I not get killed by the assasin? At first I go into the kings room and find him dead, I get killzored once I try to exit quickly. On restarts I can't use either stairs as "he doesn't have a good reason to", when the assasin comes, he kills me before I can escape.
[close]

Galen

Radiant

Spoiler

Is there any way you can defend yourself?
[close]
Spoiler

In particular, is there a weapon in the room?
[close]
Spoiler

Pick it up quickly.
[close]

lyq5

Quote from: MonoK on Tue 17/07/2007 16:51:17
Quote from: GradyTn on Tue 17/07/2007 16:41:36
And still stuck on chapter 3.  :o

Spoiler
I think you have to leave the city by swimming without speaking with the princess to go to the next chapter. That is what i've done.
[close]

I've tried that, but can't seem to get past guard to jump in harbor - is there a way to get clothes? I tried at the tailor's but couldn't get in.

lyq5

Quote from: Radiant on Sat 29/12/2007 22:58:24
Spoiler

Is there any way you can defend yourself?
[close]
Spoiler

In particular, is there a weapon in the room?
[close]
Spoiler

Pick it up quickly.
[close]

you can - touch the king's body and you'll get the dagger that killed him.

Fizzii

lyq5 -

Spoiler
Yes, you need to get into the tailor's shop
[close]

Spoiler
Getting in is the puzzle - can you get something to pick the lock?
[close]

Spoiler
Try the stables
[close]

Nikkylo

Quote from: lyq5 on Tue 08/01/2008 19:29:43
Quote from: MonoK on Tue 17/07/2007 16:51:17
Quote from: GradyTn on Tue 17/07/2007 16:41:36
And still stuck on chapter 3.  :o

Spoiler
I think you have to leave the city by swimming without speaking with the princess to go to the next chapter. That is what i've done.
[close]

I've tried that, but can't seem to get past guard to jump in harbor - is there a way to get clothes? I tried at the tailor's but couldn't get in.

Radiant

Quote from: Nikkylo on Sat 12/01/2008 00:20:56

You need something to lift the latch.

Did you look in the stables?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk