The AGS Ezine is back, and is in need of writers.

Started by Vel, Mon 23/07/2007 16:11:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Vel

... as a blog.

As you can see, I have transferred most of the old articles to the site. The blog format will allow me to update the ezine more regularly, and yet I am in need of one or two more writers. If you're interested in the position, feel free to pm me with a review of an AGS award winning game and a short expos`e why you are applying.

Brad Newsom

About time it's coming back. I'd love to be a writer. I did an Essay for my English Final in college that will fit as an example of my work splendidly. (I'll upload it asap)

BTW, I'm going at a link to the Ezine into my blog to help advertise its revival.

I'll PM you ASAP.

Dave Gilbert

Neat!  I enjoyed the ole zine.  Nice to see it back.

ManicMatt

If I had the time I would apply. Let me know when new stuff starts appearing on the ezine and I'll bookmark it.  :)

Vel

Thanks for the kind words, guys.
Matt, it is a matter of days now, Im currently playing a game that surely deserves a review...

Andail

Looks good. I might contribute with an article or two.

Also, I never read those reflections on the ATC before, quite inspiring.
After all the hardships people underwent in their ATC teams, it still seems a lot of good material was produced. Some of our favourite titles were the results of this activity. And since most people who participated probably weren't just about to release a game of their own anyway, it's not like the lack of completed games was a huge disaster, because, well, people don't release games very often anyway...
Just drifting away in thoughts.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

The ATC was a mess because it seemed that a lot of people thought they were interested but when it came down to the wire they really weren't prepared to invest the time and effort to make something happen.  I certainly wouldn't work in that kind of team situation again unless I knew the prospective team members to be reliable and dedicated.  It's definitely a lesson that putting together a group really quickly to work on something cohesive is just a bad idea.

Pet Terry

Nice to see it back, there were some good features in it.

However.

Those screenshots of Goldlagoon are terrible. What the hell was I thinking back when I drew some of those graphics? Sure, things got revamped and stuff, but I can only imagine what was going in my mind when I came up with some of that shit. The "remade" version of the game would have been awesome, too bad the project kind of exploded in my hands.

Oh, and a nice picture of me.

Also, the midi tutorial? I didn't even know some basic musical terms back then! Hilariously embarrassing.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

lo_res_man

I would like to write, I got a story I wrote at age 12 published in the members-contribution edition of a magazine (Clubhouse by focus on the family if you must know)plus I got a few storys up on elfwood ( look up "only" and "dead soldiers") I don't have any experience with journalism of any kind but, I think writing about something I am passionate about would be a great start.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I would recommend you alter the dates on the posts to reflect the actual time the interviews/reviews were made, Vel.  I was confused briefly by the ATC post and thought there was another one on the way!  This will also help articles like 'what will we be playing in 2005?' make sense.  Even if you have to fudge the day/month a bit.

Vel

Maybe you missed that ProgZ, but each article is tagged with "Issue X( month.year) to avoid such confusion.
Also, to everyone who'd like to write for the ezine, please send me a review of an AGS game, alongside with your summary of your previous experience

The Ivy

Psst, everybody read my Mittens Report. It's called "Mittens 2007: Melting the Limit." Now you absentees can share the in-joke! Hooray! :D

Nacho

Congrats for the triumphal comeback, Vel. I' d love to help, but you know that my English is not good enough for the Ezine :) Anyway, good luck with the new project, and long life to the Ezine.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

AGA

Quote from: The Ivy on Thu 02/08/2007 20:53:50
Psst, everybody read my Mittens Report. It's called "Mittens 2007: Melting the Limit." Now you absentees can share the in-joke! Hooray! :D

Bad Erin! In-jokes are supposed to be exactly that: IN jokes :P

Also "our European guests" were unable to remember the name of Tim Hortons? It was only CJ, don't lump us in with his silliness ;)

Nice article overall though.

The Ivy

All right then AGA, I'll know for next time. ;) Glad you liked it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk