My on/off hobbies

Started by Afflict, Thu 26/07/2007 02:01:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflict

Well I have recently noticed a behavior pattern within myself.

I have a tendency to practice magic tricks & AGS at the same time. This normally takes a back seat when I start sketching again, or get to consumed into my work.

I just noticed that I when I started getting more active again loading up AGS etc. I was playing with my deck of cards that was in the drawer for over 4 months now... (Playing = magic tricks) anyway that was cool & concerning at the same time. (What made me pull the cards from the drawer??!!)

Am I just freakish or do you guys have similar patterns?

m0ds

I smoke less when I use AGS. Does that count?

Afflict

It does if you smoke less every time you use AGS ;)

m0ds

So if I smoke less when I use AGS that counts? Because that's what happens every time...

Ghost

I tend to do more sketches when I have an idea for a game, but that's not exactly limited to using AGS.

This, however, is:
Each time I launch AGS I also open PS, Winamp and Spider Solitaire. That's almost auto pilot. My personal records also show that I actually WIN MORE GAMES in Spider when AGS is open.  :o
I'm considering to buy a laptop now and bring it to some poker tables.

Oh, and totally strange, maybe even quantum: I drink less coffee while working with AGS, but more of it is cold.

radiowaves

I am more lazier when I open AGS, does that count?
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Afflict

Quote from: Ghost on Thu 26/07/2007 20:27:37
Oh, and totally strange, maybe even quantum: I drink less coffee while working with AGS, but more of it is cold.

Theres any other kind?

Lionmonkey

I start running, jumping and climbing all over the flat every couple of minutes when I'm working on AGS.

Stupot

I go through phases.  Before I started working on my WiP (A Window Cleaner's Apprentice - check it out) I had been trying to work on a novel.  But as I've mentioned elsewhere I have a tendency to lose the enthusiasm.  Ive also tried my hand at magic tricks a few times, but never keep it up long enough to fully master any of them.

Unlike pretty much everyone else here, I cant draw so I rarely do sketches, except for when I laid out the rooms for my WiP, but that was literaly 'bed goes here - door goes there', there was no artistry involved.

I also like to practise the guitar once in a while, but again, I never keep at it long enough to master it.... Ive got about 10 chords under my belt and I've been playing for over 3 years... pretty poor ratio.

As for what I do when AGS is running... anything but scripting is my answer.

Obi

My current hobby seems to be not being able to get to sleep, it's been happening for the past three days. I think it has out stayed it's welcome as I really do want to go to sleep. I have slept only short periods during these 3 days, for about 2 hours each day which is strange.

So at the moment I'm drinking horlicks and listening to some natural sleep mp3, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Damn

Stupot

The best thing to do is have a couple of beers or a drop of brandy (actually brandy and milk is supposed to be good for sleeping but I've never tried it so don't quote me on that).  And also laying in bed in a quiet room is not always the best thing.  Even if you've got sleeping sounds going...  When I'm having sleeping difficulties I find I drop off more easily if the light is on and the TV is on.

Try this, have a couple of units of alcohol, go for a 10-15 minute walk, come home, sit in the living room, keep the light on, keep the telly on and sit in an armchair or on the sofa and tilt your head back and close your eyes.  Its worked for me a few times when laying in bed in a quiet room hasn't helped.

It might not work for you but theres no harm in trying.  Let me know how it goes.

Hudders

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 20/08/2007 09:07:23
The best thing to do is have a couple of beers or a drop of brandy

He's trying to get to sleep, not become an alcoholic!

Exercise is better for you and will still put you to sleep.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk