Animation competision (Winners announced)

Started by Morgana, Sun 05/08/2007 20:09:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgana

Rules:

A sprite is supplied, with a theme.
Participants must use the given sprite for their animation
Each competition will last 11 days (-ish)
The starter of each competition will decide on the winner.
The winner, who will decide on the next competition's theme, must also supply a sprite.

Theme
Transformers! Show me how you can turn this truck into a super robot.

Good luck!!

EDIT 12/08/2007

Trophies are ready!!

Afflict

This is not a robot truck.  It's one of those toaster majiggers ;D

This should prove to be an interesting animation competition.

Chicky

Or prove to be an uneventful animation competition.

I can't see a lot of people being willing to animate a truck into a super robot.

But it's a cool theme seeing as i just came back from seeing the movie today.

Maverick

This one poses quite a challenge and from all the competitions I've seen so far this would be the most difficult theme. I think it is very positive that someone is trying to raise the standard to get the competition back to the level where it started out. Although participation has been rather low lately this type of challenge may just be what the doctor ordered to nudge the Masters of the past into showing there skills at manipulating pixels.

I think I'm out of my league on this one but I'll reserve this space anyway :P

EDIT: 12/8/2007

I'm struggling!! ???
This is what I have so far but I'll definately fix it up as soon as I figure out what to do next.

EDIT 16/8/2007
I told you the truck would be back with some sort of mega robot and here it is.

Nice work OneDollar!!

Afflict

Well, I reserve my space here now. ;)

I am really going make some time to enter this I am very glad it only ends on the 18th.

I think we should start making the animation compo's longer. There is allot less participation atm, and a couple of extra days will encourage those that can only invest a half an hour here or there to enter because they will have a couple of more half an hours ;)

u1bd2005

Im going to make an entry, nice theme, will be difficult though.

OneDollar

For some reason Katfoot never made it to the Autobot's A-Team...

This is a hard theme so my entry probably isn't quite what you had in mind. By the way his windscreen wipers are supposed to be transforming to eyebrows which he wiggles, but its hard to see against the background.

Did anyone else notice the huge amount of product placement in the movie?

Morgana

OneDollar

Nice work! Glad to see we have a first entry and a good one at that.

Afflict
The comp ends the 16th!
Was that a request to extend?
EDIT

Maverick
You're kidding right?? :-X

Maverick

Quote from: Morgana on Sat 11/08/2007 22:46:05
Maverick
You're kidding right?? :-X

Yip! Don't worry because the truck is on its way to fetch Optimus Prime himself (or was it Bumble bee that was on the back of the tow truck?)

Nice trophies btw!!

Akatosh

Spot reserved. Would it be cheating if I used Adobe Flash to it and exported it in .gif format?

Morgana

Quote from: Akatosh on Sun 12/08/2007 17:56:49
Would it be cheating if I used Adobe Flash to it and exported it in .gif format?
Afaik there are no restrictions as to what program you use to create the animation.

Maverick

Shoo looks like I made it just in time. I update my previous attempt with my final (Ihope) entry. This was a serious challenge and took me all off 27 hours to make (396 frames total).

Morgana
I hope this is more to your liking ;D

Morgana

Maverick
Wow!  :o
Now that is more like it!

Afflict and Akatosh
Only a few hours to go so get those entries in.

Afflict

Sadly I came to say that I haven't even started :P Ill try and give the next one a bash. Awesome Mav!

OneDollar

Woah Maverick, that is awesome! What program(s) are you using out of curiosity?

Maverick

OneDollar
Thanks!
I use Photoshop CS2 and ImageReady.

Morgana

It is a pity that we only had 2 entries in this round. I have to agree with Afflict that we should make the competition longer to give people enough time to come up with amazing stuff.

I think that everyone would agree that Maverick won this one hands down by coming up with this awesome “Mega Robot” which obviously took a lot of time and effort. In my humble opinion it is one of the best ever animations in this competition.

Maverick (1st)
If I'm not mistaken this win puts you in the Grand Slam Hall of Fame!!

OneDollar(2nd)
Great work. Very original.

Thanks to everyone else who participated in this thread.

Over to you Maverick.

Maverick

Morgana
Thank you for the great theme. Like I said previously, this was a difficult one but on the other hand created a platform for people to stretch their abilities.

I'll start the next comp in a few days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk