One of those "What game is this" threads.

Started by ThreeOhFour, Fri 17/08/2007 12:23:07

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to find a game I played a long time ago but remember really enjoying. Here is what I can remember about it:

-I think the title started with "X" - maybe "Q" or "Z" or some other uncommon letter, but I'm sure it was X.
-It had two different gameplay types - half the time you'd be top down 2d, and then there were also parts where you'd walk around in a 3d environment.
-Loads of inventory items. I seem to remember picking up loads of cups and bowls and stuff and wondering whether I could sell it.
-Weird alien creatures, I think, so presumably some sort of science fiction game.

I'm sorry but that's all I can remember about it. Any help you could give would be great. I already searched through all the games starting with X on the Home Of The Underdogs and could not find it on there.

Cheers all.

BOYD1981

it might help if you give us an idea of the year and whether it was DOS or Windows, it would make it easier to find on mobygames.

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

jetxl

nihilyst

Could it be of the Albion era? It was mixed with 2d and 3d environments, you could pick up loads of items and so on ...
Albion was made and published by Blue Byte in 1995.

And with X, I can only think of the X-COM series, but I don't know, if there were 3d-parts. It was scifi, though ...

scotch

I thought Albion too, does it start on a spaceship before travelling down to the alien planet?
It's not perfect but it's a game worth trying out if you haven't.

Hudders

Quote from: nihilyst on Fri 17/08/2007 12:59:50
Could it be of the Albion era? It was mixed with 2d and 3d environments, you could pick up loads of items and so on ...
Albion was made and published by Blue Byte in 1995.

And with X, I can only think of the X-COM series, but I don't know, if there were 3d-parts. It was scifi, though ...

Certain X-COM games do have 3d parts, (isometric), but I don't think you can go around picking up bowls and stuff.

ThreeOhFour

I am insane.

Letter x. What the hell?

I have checked out screenies of Albion - that was of course the game I was looking for.

Nihilyst and Scotch, thankyou for your help, and thanks everyone else for their thoughts. My mystery is solved.

Cheers all!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Edited out. Think before you post, it says everywhere, but do I? No, I don't...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Stupot

A good mystery always throws up more questions as one is answered.
The new question I wanna know the answer to is this.... where the hell did you get the X from?
Hahaha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk