Seeking composers for exposures...

Started by , Mon 20/08/2007 19:09:37

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Hello! You may or may not be aware that I'm currently working on the behind the scenes documentary for the making of The Butterfly Tattoo, the film adaptation of Phillip Pullman's novel. Pullman is an Oxford author who wrote Dark Materials and more. A Hollywood film of his book "The Golden Compass" is coming out sometime before the end of this year.

Although the production I'm working on isn't connected, Pullman offered the rights to a Dutch group because he felt it would be a great chance for young & new film-makers to have a chance to work on it.

I am in charge of the behind the scenes which is a whole different production itself. I'm following the cast & crew on their journey through the production.

Originally I was asked to create a 45 minute documentary on behind the scenes, which will feature on the main films DVD. The film, I must add, will be general release! So there is a high chance (in England and Holland especially) that you'll see the film in a cinema!

What I need is a composer, or a bank of composers who have the time to make tunes for me willy nilly over the next few weeks. Unfortunately I can't pay you but your music will be used in the main production (45 min one), also a 15 minute version to be shown at a Dutch film festival, and within small blog clips that I'm posting on the production website every few days.

Although I may compose SOME myself I really am too tied up with the filming to do it properly. So I'm looking for anyone who would like to compose music for the behind the scenes footage. Basically what I need is for composers to just try writing tunes to some of the formats below - but your own style is most welcome. The more unique, intersting styles the better.

The kind of tracks Im looking for are; Happy moments, sad moments, joy, anger, tension, mystery, fantasy, action, suspense...EVERYTHING. I'm also looking at those who can make beautiful MP3s - Nikolas, Scorposer...every composer on the AGS boards has a chance to get music in this and you will be fully credited for your efforts.

Anyway. The producer needs this PC now!! If you're interested, please PM me here or just start sending me tracks. I WILL have to draw up a contract just to make sure you agree you will not make money from this (sorry dudes). But it WILL be nice exposure for you. Even if you only make a few 2 to 3 minute tracks.

Anyhoo, interested? PM me, please!!!

Take it easy!

m0ds

ps put the butterfly tattoo into IMDB to find out more

Adamski

Looks like you've got yourself an awesome gig there, Mark! Sounds like a great oppertunity for some of the folks around here too... I'd love to contribute, but I'm snowed under at work and probably wouldn't be able to commit to anything, boo :(

Nikolas

Mark, good luck mate!

I'm burried with SO much work, that I can't help you either. Sorry. I'd love to be onboard though...

m0ds

Thanks, and no problem! But, I'm sure you two are like me and have a track or two unused, undesignated lying around? Even if you don't, many thanks for responding to me :)

Stupot

I love Philip Pullman and would love to be involved... if only I could write music... Damn.
Have you/will you get to meet Mr. P himself?  That would be awesome.

Good luck with the docco, and don't forget to mention AGS in the credits... ;)

m0ds

Hehe AGS, I will try! I usually put Chris Jones (AGS) in my thanks to titles :)

And yes, I shall be meeting Mr Pullman. Whoop!

Thanks for your interest :)

Radiant

Considering I'm Dutch... which film festival would that be?

m0ds

It's just called Nederlands Film Festival, known as the "Dutch Film Festival" over here. Heard of it? :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk