Coloring Ball - Jump'n'Run - Winner Announced

Started by Khris, Thu 23/08/2007 13:45:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Khris

The objective: use the outline to create a mockup of a 2D Jump'n'Run game for a cellphone.
(A mockup is hand-made to look like a screenshot.)

The limits: keep the size at the given 128x128, don't use more than 32 colors.

EITHER: stick precisely to the outline
OR: use tiles, but stick to the general shape

EDIT:
inspiration:

And a first entry, great!
Keep 'em coming!

voh

The icons in the top bar mean player 1-4. It's a multiplayer game (say, through bluetooth or whatever) and currently there's only 2 players, hence why the last two are greyed out.

:D
Still here.

TheJBurger

This is a great topic. I'm surprised there aren't more entries.

Anyway, making this was the most fun I had in a long time.

(Tribute to Jetpack)

(26 Colors)
There are probably some stray colors in here, but even with those it's still under the limit.

Nikolas

Of course you are too good for me, but still:

This was my break, and it is original thus far... ;)

EDIT: And of course, it's not jump 'n run, just platformer, for hwihc I apologise...

Khris

Yay, two more :D

Come on guys, there are still three more days left.

voh

I forgot the colour limit, so I exported it again so it's 32 colours exactly :P
Still here.

DoorKnobHandle

I'm working on something, please don't close this early! :) Or maybe even consider a small deadline-extension?

Khris

Sure, take your time. An additional day or two is fine by me.
In fact, I'd add a week, if it motivated more people to participate :)

space boy

Nikolas, are you hoping to increase your chance of winning by using subliminal messages?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh, but space boy, what messages would they be? All he's saying is that his game, presumably his  mobile and hopefully even all of his life is "p0rn free". What a nice, moral, upstanding citizen we have in our midst. Let's stone him.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Nikolas

Quote from: space boy on Thu 30/08/2007 21:10:50
Nikolas, are you hoping to increase your chance of winning by using subliminal messages?
Of course! It's winning I value when entering any competition anywhere, especially in the AGS forums, in the colouring ball! :=

Blue

Um... does this count?  ;D It's not exactly a run and jump game.. You play the squids by the way  :P

EDIT: Forgot to scale it up.. Now it should be easier to see what's going on.

DoorKnobHandle

Okay, I don't want to keep everybody else waiting any longer - and if I really wanted to add more to this little entry, I'd probably have to spent a lot more time on it. So here we go, it's not unfinished, but it isn't finished either.

128x128 with 32 colors...

I hope the shape is close enough - as you can see I went with the tiles approach (which is a lot more realistical in my opinion and experience, when working on a mobile-game) and I found it to be very hard to realize, I probably should have done as everybody else and sticked to simply coloring the given outline. But maybe doing it this way is worth of a few extra points in your books, Krishmuc... ;)

Brad Newsom

If I saw this comp earlier I would entered. Psh, the deadline has come an gone, and missed it by one day. >_<

Khris

Brad, I'm gonna close this today at ~20.00 GMT, so you'd have still ten hours left to enter.

Brad Newsom

Here's my entry. Its a horror sidescroller using the Flashback style game engine. :D

2x

Semi-FINAL

2x

FINAL
32 colors

2x

Khris

Alright, guess I'll have to choose a winner now.

So TheJBurger, congratulations for winning this contest, with Brad Newsom and dkh sharing a very close 2nd place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk