Cayanne Pepper - nearing completion

Started by Montague, Fri 31/08/2007 15:51:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Montague

CAYANNE PEPPER

Story/Background:

When the world wide web broke down the world erupted into full-scale nuclear war. What remains of inhabitable areas has been divided into three zones: The Safe Zone, the Unsafe Zone and the Tarnished Zone.

In the city of Flavendres Heights, Safe Zone, former criminal Cayanne Pepper (the protagonist) is trying to make it as a freelance journalist. Detective Arden is doing his best to inject a sense of integrity into the police force, while poor rich kid Leonard Perec is on the run, wanted for murder. The police department takes steps to keep Detective Arden away from the case, which only serves to entice his interest.

(Of course, the story I wrote was way too long, so I trilogized it, meaning it should have been 3x as long.)

Cayanne Pepper is my first game. It features a single-cursor interface (except inventory items) and it's mainly about walking around and talking to people with some simple use key to open door-stuff. Some adult themes. Close to 50 rooms.

Progress:

Story: 100%
Scripting: 90%
Graphics: 95%
Puzzles: 90% (or 100 - I haven't decided yet)
Sound: 40%

Couple of screens:

(Lots of black, but it couldn't be helped).

I'll have worked on it for three weeks on Tuesday the 3rd and hope to start the painful bug-testing then. Don't know when it'll be finished though.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Steel Drummer

Looks like an interesting game, and if this is your first game, the graphics look impressive! The game is almost done, it seems, and I don't see that too often from the first post in a game's GiP thread- usually when there's a game in production that's nearing completion, the creator just waits until it's finished to post. Anyways, this looks cool, and I'll be looking forward to playing it.
I'm composing the music for this game:

Indie Boy

Very nice ;D I'll be looking out for this one.
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

Darth Mandarb

Now this is how you should announce your game!!  Wait until you've got significant progress and then announce it.  Build some anticipation just before it's release!  Excellent.

** Darth humbly bows **

Game looks/sounds pretty good!!  I like the names of the characters.

Best of luck.

Ubel

I think you should change the speech font to fit the other graphics better. It's just way too blocky for a high-res game. Otherwise it looks great and the story sounds intriguing. Good job! :)

Radiant

Looks good.

Are you aware that the common spelling is "CayEnne Pepper"?

Montague

"I think you should change the speech font to fit the other graphics better. It's just way too blocky for a high-res game. "

I haven't really considered that, but I will.

"Are you aware that the common spelling is "CayEnne Pepper"?"

Yes. I originally went for Kaye-Anne, but I thought Cayanne looked better on the page.

Thanks for the comments, people :)

radiowaves

This is the kind of game I will be waiting for!
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

stevetheblack

This does look pretty cool.  I'll have to give it a try when its available :)

scalad

I like the sound of this game. Can't wait for the release and play it.

CosmoQueen

LOL "Cayanne Pepper"? That's way too cute! Anyway, I love how this looks. I'm so going to enjoy playing this!!! ;D ;D ;D
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Montague

Thanks for posting, people!

The game got to 100% on Tuesday, font's been changed and head's been banged against the wall when thinking of the things I should have thought of sooner but which is now too late to think of. I've been running through it a couple of times since then looking for errors, and one kind person has offered to help me test it. If anyone else would like to help, please don't hesitate to ship me a pm. It's my first game and I kind of need all the help I can get. I can't offer you anything except your name in the credits, though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk