Blackwell Unbound - ** More prizes 'n stuff **

Started by Dave Gilbert, Tue 04/09/2007 17:15:01

Previous topic - Next topic

joelphilippage

I just finished The Blackwell Legacy and will probably get this next. It looks good although I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't have sierra style talking again. I enjoy seeing the characters expressions and faces close up. Anyway, I look forward to seeing more.

Dave Gilbert

Mystery Manor recently interviewed me, and are having a little contest/giveaway.  You can read the interview and get more details here:
http://www.mysterymanor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5799

vertigoaddict

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Thu 25/10/2007 14:17:12
Thanks Lucifiel!  The dream diary was mainly a way to foreshadow future events, as well as a way to justify Lauren having a dictophone in her possession.  There weren't many portable recording devices back in 1973!  That said, you're right.  I'm glad you liked the game regardless.

As for everyone else: a demo of the game is finally available!  You can nab the demo HERE.

Also, Manifesto Games is having a promotion for the Blackwell series.  Send them a ghost story and you could win both games!  Details are on the Manifesto site HERE.

I won the contest at 2nd place, I can get blackwell unbound for free, but I'm afraid that it'd be sent to my home in a box. Is it possible to download the whole game? Is it a download? It doesn't say.

Dave Gilbert

Oh, neat!  Congratulations!  I'm afraid I wouldn't know.  You'd have to write the manifesto folks and ask them.  The general support email is: customerservice@manifestogames.com. If you don't get a reply, let me know.

-Dave

Afflict

I recently got both games and I must say they were quite a treat to play.

The games were really well "polished" and very entertaining, also solving the puzzles had me tied down for a bit.
I think Blackwell Unbound was the more challenging title, but they both were equally enjoyable, and getting to know Joey is pretty funny.

Very nicely done Thanks Dave!

Dave Gilbert

Here's another chance to win a free copy of the game!

I was asked to sponser a trivia quiz over at Gamecafe, with a free copy of Blackwell Unbound as the prize. 

The quiz will consist of 30 questions from The Blackwell Legacy and the Blackwell Unbound demo, and will take place in a live chat room.  After the quiz there will be a Q & A session with me where I'll talk about the game and my experiences with the casual game market.

This contest is being sponsered by a lady known as The Game Fairy, and you can get all the details on her site.

Dualnames

Remind me to buy Blackwell Legacy..
Anyway I played a game.. you might have heard it..
Bestowers of Eternity..
Not bad.. Really liked it. And the connection with Blackwell Legacy (at least for the demo) is great... I'm gonna buy those games... so open up your wallet.. 8)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Dave Gilbert

Here's another chance to win some free games.  On CD, no less!

Check the main site for details, but it's basically a dialog-writing contest.  To enter, email me (admin AT wadjeteyegames.com) and write a line or two of conversation dialog for Rosangela Blackwell, Joey Mallone, or both! 

The main prize is a CD version of both Unbound and Legacy, or if you already own the games, you can choose a print of the Blackwell Legacy poster! 

In addition to the prizes, I will attempt to place the winners' dialogs within the next game. :)

The contest will end on Dec 19th.

-Dave

Xmook

This might be slightly off topic, but i read your QA on another forum regarding the different ways you are distributing your excellent games.

Have you tried STEAM by valve software? You know , they of Half-life fame? They have casual games on their distribution platform and last time I checked, STEAM is quite popular.

Anyways thats my 2 pence worth, only trying to increase your wealth so that you can carry on making those great games.... and so that more people can experience your genius story-telling... etc etc... (I'll stop the blatant @$$ kissing cos i know it doesnt warrant a free copy of Convergence... If it does, dont be shy, feel free to E-mail me a copy when its out)  :P ;D   'nuff sed!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk