Looking for some one who knows how to use AGS engine

Started by Blaze_Mcleary, Fri 14/09/2007 05:52:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaze_Mcleary

I've looked into the program and can't figure out crap all about it - If anyone has the time, I would appreciate some one who can guide me as I pursue the creation of my game, Life With Death.
"No puzzle or its solution is new - It is only one from the past, represented in a new way."  -  Blaze McLeary, 2005

monkey0506

So you've gone through the tutorial and other available resources and are still at a complete loss as to how to perform even the simplest of tasks with AGS?

If this is the case, then I'm afraid AGS may not be for you my friend.

[EDIT:] Sorry if that sounded harsh, but honestly, if you want someone to take you seriously you'll need to take this thing more seriously yourself. The manual has a tutorial built-in to help get you started. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. Other than that simple tutorial, there are loads of tutorials and other references (such as forum threads) that could help you figure out how to solve your problems.

Simply saying something like "I need someone to personally tutor me in AGS step-by-step from the beginning. I haven't tried to figure anything out myself." isn't very reassuring. You do say that "[you]'ve looked into the program" but you don't actually say what you've looked into. Have you simply opened the editor and then given up because you didn't understand the layout straightaway; or did you perhaps actually begin the tutorial in the manual? Without telling us what you have done or tried, we're left to assume that you haven't really tried anything at all but would simply rather have someone teach you.

If you have specific questions we will help you out...but you have to put forth some effort yourself. ;)

Gilbert

Sorry for possible harshness, but as monkey pointed out you need to be more specific and try harder to read the manual, the tutorials and other useful information from places like the WIKI (especially the Beginners' FAQ hosted there) first.

Moreover, this thread obviously doesn't fit in the Technical forum (it wouldn't even fit into the Beginners' Technical forum, as the question is too broad and inspecific).

So, sorry but this has to be done, thread locked.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk