Can you tell me about this organ?

Started by lo_res_man, Mon 17/09/2007 07:18:26

Previous topic - Next topic

lo_res_man

Hello, I found this little electric organ called an emenee audion at a thrift store, in fact i have been able to find a pic of it But not much info, anyone know anymore about this cute little piece of junk?
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Inkoddi

After searching on the internets for a while, I found out that it's a small toyish chord organ, similar to an accordion but with a big noisy fan inside. The buttons on the left should produce chords rather than single notes when pressed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_organ

Anyway, try plugging it in and see if it works!

lo_res_man

Well it sort of works, the last 5 keys are a bit funny and the last key won't play at all, but for two bucks what do you expect? not sure what to do with it but is sure a funny little/big thing
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Evil

Yeah, you've got yourself a cute little fan powered reed organ.

There's a fan on the side or the bottom that sucks air into a bellow. The keys are attached to a flat "reed' that opens up to make a sound, sort of like a harmonica. Actually, just like a harmonica, but with keys. The white board plays individual note, and the buttons to the left are chords, typically bass notes.

As for the tone of the instrument, some you can take apart and adjust the reeds so that they open, or even just clean them out. Depending on how nice it is and how it's built, you could probably put it back in working, in semi-tune order.

monkey0506

Blast...here I was expecting live human tissue. What a rip-off. :-\

radiowaves

If you don't have nothing to do with it, send it to me!

Or at least record some quality sound samples for me to hear ^^
And after a while, you could try and circuit bend it to make the sound even cooler. That is unless you want to preserve the original.

Oh, and somehow I was thinking of human tissue also when seeing this thread, lol.
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

zabnat

Yeah, make some nice song with it, I too am interested what it sounds like.

If it really is fan powered reed organ I don't think it circuit bends very easily?

Oh, you were all expecting something like "I had a small knife cut in my stomach and this organ drop from the hole. What is it? Is it important? Where does it go, or should I just throw it away?".

monkey0506

"I had a small knife cut in my stomach and this organ drop from the hole. What is it? Is it important? Where does it go, or should I just throw it away?"

Now there's a thread I could get into!!! :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk