Sprite Jam (until 5.10.07) - Cybernetics

Started by space boy, Fri 28/09/2007 16:52:55

Previous topic - Next topic

space boy

Objective:
Draw a creature that is part organic and part machine. Organic and machine parts must be visible.

Restrictions:
24 colors + transparency
128x128 pixels

Submission phase ends on friday 5.10.07 at 8:00 PM GMT.

Winner will be determined by voting:
- Voting begins on friday 5.10.07 at 8:00 PM GMT and ends on saturday 6.10.07 at 8:00 PM GMT.
- Only participants are allowed to vote.
- Participants who withhold their vote give their voting right to the host who votes on their behalf.
- In case of a draw the host picks the winner out of the submissions with the most votes.

Bohnito

x2

Watch out for
the six trillion Dollar Chicken!

Kaio

Hi, this is my fist attempt to join this kind of competition... so here's my cybernetic:

rocket-snail (3....2....1....GO!)
x2

Peter Bear

My first participation to a competition, so I am not sure to do good :) we will see !

I drew a terminacat , or catator. Done in one hour , yesterday.

Here : 123*128 , 16 colors
x2

here are the creations step :

1 hand sketche : normal cat

2 hand sketche : cyber cat
3 the colored sprite ( upper in the same post)
Not much time for gaming neither creating, but keeping an eye on everything :)

GreenBoy

Lieutenant Reginald "Regie" Thompson was well liked by his Platoon unfortunately no of them would be able to tell you that because none of them survived the Battle of Bayencourt 3.  Regie was the only survivor of that bloodbath on that fateful day. 

Mangled into something barely recognisable as being human, the team of surgeons toiled for 7 hours grafting his body to the PermiBody Armour that had been recently developed.  As one of the first recipients of the UniArmy's new body's for soldiers scheme Regie was a willing participant and while he was never the same either emotionally or physically Lieutenant Thompson was now one of UniArmy's elite unit of soldiers, and he found some solace in his chance of revenge against those who killed those he cared for and left him as a twisted shell of his former self.

Oh yeah.  128 x 128.  16 colours.  Also does he count as a creature?  I probably should have paid more attention to the objective.

LeafThief

17 colors

2x

She's kind of a cyborg - enhancements and improvements of the human body that are in contrast to the individuum, that thinks itself kind of encaged I presume.

space boy

Quote from: Green Boy on Thu 04/10/2007 10:18:32
Also does he count as a creature?  I probably should have paid more attention to the objective.

He does, no worries. I meant "creature" in a general sense: animals, humans, aliens, plants, zombies etc.

space boy

Sparkys sprite is 195 pixels in width but I'm going to accept it because those extra pixels in the middle don't give the sprite any unfair advantage over the others. It would be appropriate though if you kept it within 128 pixels.

space boy

Peter Bear

Sylvr

kaioshin's rocket snail gets my vote. The little satellite dish on his head was a great idea. And, of course, the all-around concept :D

Great work, everyone
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

space boy

Sorry SilverTrumpet but you didn't participate in the contest so unfortunately your vote doesn't count.

Sylvr

Apologies, I wasn't sure about that in the first place... I meant to read the rules but didn't.
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

GreenBoy

All these sprites are great.  I would have to say I like Bohnito's sprite the best.  Great use of contrast and highlights.

Also does anyone else think it looks a bit like Big Bird?  So it gets the sentimentality award too.   ;)

Sparky

I love the rocket snail! It has a great retro sci-fi feel to it. For some reason I am reminded of The Monster that Challenged the World.

Kaio

I like Pierre_RGN's Cybercat most! As everyone said, all sprites are great!

Steel Drummer

These sprites all look great! I know I'm not a participant, so I can't vote, but I was just wondering: when was the voting rule ever instated? In the past, the host always chose the best one.
I'm composing the music for this game:

Peter Bear

this is democracy ;) !
I was just wondering ... I put my sprite on a transparent background and it looks less nice on the blue background of the forum than it looked with a black background ( when I drew it ) ...

The frog / flea picture uses a white bg, it still looks nice but I guess the blue deserves me as I picked a blue/gray for the metallic parts !!

Anyway !!

Is the voting over ?

space boy

Steel Drummer: There was no official change of rules. The voting was my idea. Apparently it's not forbidden so I thought a little variation won't hurt.

Pierre_RGN: the voting is not over yet(-> first post).
Also if you think your sprite doesn't look as good on the forum background you can still change it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk