Cayanne Pepper

Started by Montague, Sun 16/09/2007 11:51:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Montague

Again, awfully sorry. I made some changes to the script and it should be tight now. Should.  (if someone gets the bug in this one too I'll cut the entire room out of the game).
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Hey, no need to cut it out. :) Just take your time to throughly test after you bug-fix. If you hasten it, it'll surely go wrong.

EDIT - Hey, your latest fix not only solved it, I even managed to load my savegame and keep going from there! :D
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Radiant

Good work!

Minor bug: the GUI that displays the name of items goes underneath (instead of on top of) the inventory GUI.
Minor issue: it looks slightly weird if, in a conversation, one side has a portrait and the other (for instance, the hotel owner) doesn't.

seaduck

My foremost complaint would be that you advertise this as some sci-fi or cyberpunk game, when it's actually a detective game.

At least as far as I got the game was not influenced at all by the setting (I don't remember if there was actually any hint as to where/when the game is set).

Perhaps the setting will become more important later in the game (I don't know, I quit because this type of games is not my cup of tea) but still it seems to be a detective game in the first place, and should be advertised as such.

Apart from that from what I've seen I think you've done a nice job, the graphics and sounds seem to be more than adequate.

Montague

Rui,

That's good to know. :)

Radiant,

You mean behind instead of in front, right? In the newest version the description is displayed directly underneath the inventory window so at least you can see what it is.

Yeah, I didn't bother to make portraits for characters who didn't have conversation options.  :P

Seaduck,

That's certainly a legitimate complaint. I should probably have put some more thought into the description. Sorry.

-Montague

stacygibbs

Beautifully done, Montague! The artwork is top notch, the story interesting and the dialogue clever. My only issue is that the game is absolutely crying out for background music. ;)

Thank you for sharing this with us!

FrancoFranchi

Wow - just finished playing this and had to write my words of praise.

Looooved the art-style and ambience of the world.  I hope there'll be a sequel (or especially a prequel) on the horizon.

The only thing I could recommend would be something smoother for the "present" option on the inventory - I didn't think it was very intuitive to have to select the inventory item, then click "present".  That and a kickass soundtrack - if I had my recording equipment with me I'd volunteer myself but someone more talented can surely step in to help.

pixelblink

great game! just finished it and I gotta say it's one of the better story-driven games I've played here. Looking forward to the sequel

Peter Bear

Hey :)

Nice game, It reminds me vaguely of the "Carmen Sandiago" by the graphics, this is a compliment.
The story seems good and I liked the first dialogs, I havent finished it yet.

Two things : stop saying "sorry" to anyone, you dont have to be !! You rock :D, even there are some bugs ! lol

2/ Do you hire a english to french translator ? I could do it for you, fast ( and furious ), I am french, and many many players are too ... That would promote you game from the other side of the channel ( or atlantic )

Well, It's up to you, but the site really miss bilingual games ... and yours deserves to be more known.

You can pm me.

Hails go to anyone over there :)  I dont post often

Not much time for gaming neither creating, but keeping an eye on everything :)

Montague

Thanks for the compliments, guys! I'll be on the lookout for someone to do music for the sequel. I haven't really considered a translation, but it sounds like a lot of work. I'll have to think about it. Thanks a lot for the offer, though. :)

-Montague

Great art. For some reason wasn't crazy about the game play and story, but I think that's only cause I'm gamed out these days. Good humor too. Appreciated the Dylan reference.

Nostradamus

This game has a an interesting unfolding story, interesting dynamics and good written dialogues. Kudos for the innovative dialogue GUI. Not totally new, as it's similiar to Sam & Max, The Dig or Broken Sword dialgoue system but it is different in its design.
However there isn't enough interaction with items. There almost isn't any. And for me picking up and using items is as important as dialogue. So after a period of running around between people talking and talking, it gets trying. You don't go through the profcess of how would I use items to solve problems or just try items on things, you just run around between people talking. As long as each discussion gives you a new location and a new name it keeps you interested. But then it becomes trying and even boring to just run around between the same people trying to find the next clue. To me when I talked to everyone about everything not having a clue what do next it became unmotivating to run around between the people talking. If you have put item interaction between the excellent dialogues it would put more diversity and put more interest in the game.

ThreeOhFour

Not to counter Nostradamus' comment about the lack of item interaction being a negative thing, but I must say that I personally found it very refreshing to see an adventure game that did not rely so heavily on item based puzzles to progress the game. My personal opinion is that item collection makes adventure games drudgery, and while it can be good when done well, it is often not done well.

My thanks to you for not relying so heavily on item based puzzles.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk