Osher Bli Gvulot ("Boundless Osher")

Started by Samwise, Sun 07/10/2007 12:26:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Samwise

After 3 long years in the works, my game is complete.  You can read about it in the games section:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?category=1&action=detail&id=939&refresh1191755119

Though the game is in Hebrew, you should be able to find some screenshots here:
http://www.hebrewquest.com/Media.htm

Since its release only 10 days ago, the game was downloaded by 14,000 Hebrew-speakers.

I'd like to take advantage of this situation and thank the following forum members which helped me and my co-developer Ori Wachtel along the way:

CJ
Ashen
Gilbot V7000a
KhrisMUC
GarageGothic
Strazer
SSH

All of you are mentioned in the game credits, manual and website.

Cheers,

Jonathan Yalon

Nikolas

A pity that it is only in Hebrew... :( For the rest of the world that is, but then again you have your audience, so good luck with the promotion of the game.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Hebrew? Great. Only a handful of people on this community will be able to play it. :P Why advertise it here at all, if there isn't a translation the majority of the community will understand.

EDIT - Not only that, the game looks visually great. And think about it, 3 years is a lot of work - it'd only take a little extra effort to make a translation. Don't say you have "no plans for an English version", please - give it some thought.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Samwise

Thank you.  I see your point.  I'm not saying an English version is out of the question, although it would be quite problematic since:

1. The game has no text (only speech) - all the speech files are recorded.
2. The game is a satire of the Israeli society and parts of it would be hard to explain and definitely less funny in English.

Anyway, I know there are some Hebrew-speaking fellows from Israel and the US here, and the rest of you - learning Hebrew is very useful if you're planning to visit Israel   ;)

(BTW, if someone needs tips how to create such realistic/photo-style characters & backgrounds, I'd be happy to help.)

kongobongo

nice graphics but I dont understand this ancient hieroglyphs so english english and english version for rest of the world please!

jkohen

Quote from: Samwise on Sun 07/10/2007 13:17:02
Thank you.  I see your point.  I'm not saying an English version is out of the question, although it would be quite problematic since:

1. The game has no text (only speech) - all the speech files are recorded.

Subtitles can always be added, you know... like in the movies? After all, it's not that we can't read.

2. The game is a satire of the Israeli society and parts of it would be hard to explain and definitely less funny in English.

Don't understimate your audience. Some people do read newspapers, have Jewish/Israeli friends, and could also learn something about your culture from your game. Don't make us think that Israel has plans to segregate from the rest of the world by releasing Hebrew-only adventure games ;)

Anyway, I know there are some Hebrew-speaking fellows from Israel and the US here, and the rest of you - learning Hebrew is very useful if you're planning to visit Israel   ;)

Your game looks very interesting, both artistically and as an open window to a different culture. I'd definitely like to try it, but I'm afraid that I can't help with the translation. I had to learn Hebrew for five years in school, but unfortunately it's all gone now.

Cheers!

Samwise

Thank you, blashyrkh.

You can try to play it, maybe you'll recall something from these five years...  The story is very plain and you might understand it.

I'd really like to make an English version, but it's difficult for me...  Reading this thread, one of the forum members offered me help with the translation itself, but inserting all of the potential-subtitles (more than 2,000 lines) is a job I can't take right now, after a 3-year-struggle with my daily job, family and friends...  :(

GarageGothic

Edit: Sorry, didn't read above.

Happy to be of help in the making of this game. I hope you'll get a round to make an English language version sometime.

Nostradamus

Nostradamus to the rescue!    :=

Just like the last time a Hebrew game was released here, I will be translating this game for you English speaking folk (aka everybody).
I've talked with the game makers and we agreed that I will translate the game for you and an English text edition (no talkie) will be released.
It's a large game, and it will take some weeks of work, but you can expect this game to be released in English in the not too distant future  :D

TassieDevil

Quote from: Nostradamus on Mon 08/10/2007 21:33:46
Nostradamus to the rescue!    :=

Just like the last time a Hebrew game was released here, I will be translating this game for you English speaking folk (aka everybody).
I've talked with the game makers and we agreed that I will translate the game for you and an English text edition (no talkie) will be released.
It's a large game, and it will take some weeks of work, but you can expect this game to be released in English in the not too distant future  :D

Good on you!
Can't wait!

Nikolas

Excellent Nostradamus! Excellent!

We await your next post here. :)

Nostradamus

Me & Jonathan (Samwise) will try to update you on progress

Samwise

Nostradamus, thanks again for your kind initiative.  I'm very happy you and Ori have settled this, and looking forward to the English version.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Nostradamus

First update: translation work has started.
You'll be updated as progress goes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk