Coloring Ball October 11th - 24th: Gadgets & Gizmos

Started by Brad Newsom, Thu 11/10/2007 12:10:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Newsom

YOU CRAZY MOTHER OF AN INSANE MAD SCIENTIST!

What did you do? What does it do? What the hell are you going to use it for?

You and your gadgets, will you masquerade of ingenious gadgets and gizmos ever end?!

Rules:
You may alter the outline slightly as long as it resembles the original version.
BE CREATIVE! :D
Maximum of 24 colors + Background Color.

Ends on the 24th of october.

Brad Newsom

Seeing as though this comp was buried beneath other new comps (Mockup Blitz, and that playthough one) i'm extending this comp for another week. Sad really.

Buckethead

Well the reason I'm not entering is because I really can't come up with anything. I've been looking at the shape for atleast 5 or 10 min but I just don't get any good idea.  :-\

Indie Boy

I feel the same as Buckethead really. What is with the rectangle shape on the right? I could work with something with the left shape(s) I suppose, but I think the shape on the right throws me.

Maybe its just too big a space to colour in :-\

I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

Brad Newsom

Has any of you thought of the shape on the right being a comic cell or an area to demonstrate a scene of what the gadget does?

ThreeOhFour

Oh alright, only if you let me use a weird pallette  ;).

Selective Industries presents: The Prejumatic 80000. Tired of unsavoury sorts entering your home/shop/school/library/cafe?

The Prejumatic 80000 automatically scans all would be entrants through a doorway for any personality traits which may be considered undesirable. It has a capacity to store 300 programmable traits to auto-reject - anybody with a trait which has been undefined has the list of their full personal profile displayed on screen for manual override/rejection.

Batteries not included.

7 colours including background.

Akatosh

Well, while I'm already practising my pixeling skills, I might give this a go. Spot reserved... probably.

Buckethead

Akatosh

I'm pretty sure that's more than 24 colors, Mr. Buckéthead.  :P :=

Buckethead

I don't know where you base that on but it should be exactly 24 colours or 25 with the BG, but I think it's 24.  ;)

Akatosh

Eep, I just recounted... replace everything I said before with praise on your awesome choice of palette.

FSi++

CRUSHINATOR 5001:

Your favourite killbot solution since 2029!

Dualnames

Well zooming it will show much detail. It's my first entry ever on a competition so be gentle. I can't really tell you what it is.

Uber Cool Hand Gadget, and Screen
Electromagnetic Domestic Appliances.
Use Volts for whatever you want (don't frie your neighbours please).

14 colour plus background
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

u1bd2005

VH3
The worlds best Vending Machine Hacking tool, works on all vending machines.
four steps to ful-fillment
1. Simply plug it into the coin slot
2. Type how many of the item you want
3. Press the button of the item you want on the machine

4. Enjoy!

monkey0506

Quote from: u1bd2005 on Sun 21/10/2007 19:53:18four steps to ful-fillment
1. Simply plug it into the coin slot
2. Type how many of the item you want
3. Press the button of the item you want on the machine
4. Enjoy!

The steps are different for Coca-Cola brand machines. I believe it's something like:

1. Press button #4
2. Press button #2
3. Press button #3
4. Press button #1
5. Hack machine's 'vending mechanism test' (where applicable)
6. If applicable go to step 7. Else pay up cheapskate.
7. Enjoy! ;D

u1bd2005

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Mon 22/10/2007 05:53:28The steps are different for Coca-Cola brand machines. I believe it's something like:

1. Press button #4
2. Press button #2
3. Press button #3
4. Press button #1
5. Hack machine's 'vending mechanism test' (where applicable)
6. If applicable go to step 7. Else pay up cheapskate.
7. Enjoy! ;D

Yeh but on most machines the main options are disabled unless the door is open, the ones at my college you can only check two things, i think its sales and temprature.
Pretty useless as you cant change price, coin dump, get free can etc.

thats where i got the idea from

Brad Newsom

Sorry for being a little late, almost forgot about this. Been busy at work all day on the 24th. Now the winners!

First Place goes to Ben304 for using an interesting but quite useful device. It actually reminds me of the museum entrance on one of the Futurama episodes where only rich people can walk in. This metal detector like device prevents poor people from walking in. haha :)

Second Place goes to Mr. Buckethead for making something visually pleasing and keep it under 24bit.

Third Place goes to u1bd2005 for the humorous coca cola machine myth...well at least I wish hacking would be that easy.

Fourth place goes Dualnames for being his first comp.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk