Murder in a Wheel - A Locked Room Mystery

Started by Eshaktaar, Tue 16/10/2007 00:26:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Eshaktaar

Hello everyone,

If you're in the mood for a little murder mystery, look no further:

Murder in a Wheel is a small adventure reminiscent of old LucasArts titles. You'll recognize the SCUMMy interface.

The graphics were drawn by me whereas I borrowed the midi music from several old games. I already released the German-only version of the game earlier this year, but it took me a long time to translate everything (about 1000 lines of text - phew!).

The story:

Roderick, Lady Blackwin's beloved Hamster, was murdered. It is up to you to solve the crime and find the killer.

Some screenshots:

Download:

Murder in a Wheel v2.0 English & German

Enjoy!

i k a r i

Wow.. this looks extremely professional.

Im downloading right now, I hope is as good as it looks!!

I'll edit this post to give a better feedback about it  ;D

EDIT
Haha, GREAT game, ty very much. Nice graphics and conversations, the only thing I'd say I didnt like much is the music, mostly because you immediately recognize it and it takes a way (a little) the "personality" of the game.
This is your game and it should have its own music, because it's good enough for it  ;D

I hope to see more games from you.
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

joelphilippage

Wow you did a really good job making this game. I really like your backgrounds as well. I would like it if you had some original music though. Someone might be willing to do it.

m0ds

Looks and plays great, well done! Some original choons wouldnt hurt tho :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Cute game, and the ending makes it all worthwhile!

splat44

Dualnames

Okay that's one good looking game.gonna check out the game real soon.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Erwin_Br

Wow, I totally dig those graphics!  :D

--Erwin

Bohnito

I played it a long time ago and i really liked it!
The game was for a school project or sth, right?
I give you an A+ :)

Play_Pretend

Ha!  That was great.  It took me about an hour to beat. :)  Great graphics, characters, cute plot idea, fantastic game!

stacygibbs

Beautifully and professionally done. I am very impressed...and stuck.  :-[

Later...

Finished it...it's a keeper! Thank you for sharing this with us. :)

TassieDevil

Great Game, I really enjoyed that one! I played the original German version; hilarious dialogues!
Well done! Once it is out for voting I give it a 10 out of 10.
:) ;) :D ;D

Kweepa

Thanks for this lovely little game!
Very logical and enjoyable.
4 out of 5 weighted companion cubes.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Ubel

What can I say? A very good little game. :)

Buckethead

Wonderfull game! Didn't get very far yet but already having fun!  :D

Eshaktaar

Thank you all for your kind comments! I'm glad you like the game.
If things go as planned (which they seldomly do) there'll be more sometime next year. ;)

nihilyst

Wow, that was a well written little game with some really good graphics. I enjoyed it.

Rd27

Very good little game! Excellent graphics, good puzzles. I enjoyed it very much.

paolo

Sehr gut!

I was enjoying this game immensely until it crashed... I couldn't copy the error message, unfortunately, but looks like this is an AGS bug rather than one in the game.

In any case, here's what I was doing at the time:

Spoiler

* Asked Elsa about feather duster
* Said I wanted it to prove Mrs Winterbottom's innocence
* Used feather duster on open laundry chute
* Used scissors on open laundry chute
* Went into bedroom
[close]

The game crashed at this point. I tried doing the above again, but the game worked OK the second time round.

Do you know if anyone else has had the same problem?

EDIT: Just completed the game - excellent work! It's a shame the music was not original - did you have permission from the authors to use it?

Thalon

I agree with the above posts, great game: good sprites/backgrounds, logical puzzles, nice atmosphere...
The only drawback is the music: it would be better with original tracks instead of recycled ones...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk