Jerk Perkins

Started by mouthuvmine, Tue 16/10/2007 11:08:48

Previous topic - Next topic

mouthuvmine

RocketBike Interactive Presents

Jerk Perkins is on the hunt for his kidnapped girlfriend, Sandy-Bel, and and he won't let anything stand between them as he makes his way through the drudgery of high school life (you know, evading authorities, falling from buildings, talking to rats...that sort of thing). Someone's gotta pay for dragging the nicest guy in school into such a cliched quest!

Explore a taste of what Cuper City has in store for the observant Jerk.

Encounter unique situations...

Planned Features

* 320 x 200 Resolution @32 bit color
* Upwards of 35 rooms
* Full Voice
* Original Soundtrack (Rock-a-billy themed mostly)
* "Stealth Mechanic" (Seriously)

Progress

Story........80%
Graphics...20%
Music..........0%      
Coding........0%    

UPDATE! - July 16, 2009

I've started a blog for this, and my other development adventures! It's pretty plain, but it's fun to keep up with.
www.rocketbike.wordpress.com

UPDATE! - July 6, 2009

I'm back on the move with this title, as well as the other title I'm working on, and I've been writing like crazy!
I'm also working on getting my blog started as a sort of joint development diary for both projects, so please keep your eyes pealed! Also, I removed the cast preview, as a couple characters were NOT polished enough to be shown off.

Cyrus

You've previously told it was going to be Sam and Max-styled. If you're still using that style, are you going to put any absurd situations in it (like, for example, the Mytstery Vortex)?

mouthuvmine

Nothing too visually absurd, like the Vortex, or aliens, but the whole setting / situation is really quite ridiculous. But it's supposed to be, so hopefully it'll come off as humorous too. When I was citing Sam and Max's style in the help wanted forum, I meant more the general graphical astetic. Which I'm working toward accomplishing myself now. Maybe. One day. ;)

Buckethead

Nice to see things from the critics lounge come to live!  :) Good luck with your first game

m0ds

Looking great!

Cyrus

mouthuvmine

Quote from: Cyrus on Tue 16/10/2007 13:42:55
What kind of GUI do you use?

Well, I just liked the one that came with it sooooo much... ;)

Honestly, I'm not married to any one idea, so I'm just trying to come up with a visual style for it that really fits the game, then I'll figure out what would be the coolest way to implement that to a GUI.

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 16/10/2007 13:16:28
Looking great!

Thanks!

And to buckethead...

Thanks! Feels nice to have at least made enough headway to post in the WiP thread.

Dualnames

I could help you out with scripting in case you want me to. In case you don;t or in case you do your game does look awesome enough.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Steel Drummer

Looking great! When you hit half way on each aspect except sound give me a shout for some MIDI if you need it.

Dang it m0ds, you beat me to it! ;)
Looking good mouthuvine, I was hoping you'd post a thread about this game... the character reminds me of Tintin somewhat (or a character from that series)- did you draw any inspiration from Herge?
I'm composing the music for this game:

m0ds

Quote from: Steel Drummer on Wed 17/10/2007 03:46:00
Looking great! When you hit half way on each aspect except sound give me a shout for some MIDI if you need it.

Dang it m0ds, you beat me to it! ;)

LOL, tis all good for you again...I've had to opt out.

mouthuvmine

Steeldrummer : Honestly? No. :) My original sketch looked a bit more like a tall leisure suit larry. Not intentionally that either, but I guess my subconscious inspiration was Leisure Suit Tintin. Also if you're actually interested in doing the music I would consider that lucky. I was planning to hound you for it anyway :) I'll PM you on that.

And to m0ds : Thanks anyway. I was quite enthusiastic about the creator of the Nelly Cootalot theme offering his talents. Looking foward to hearing all great tracks for Indy FOY WHILE playing the game  ::)

Steel Drummer

Hmm... mouthuvmine, I thought I replied to your last post, but I guess it either got deleted, or I forgot to hit the post button...  :P

I've previously been hired for several other games, and out of 5 games, 3 had authors which never communicated with me about the music, except when they hired me. If this is one of those same games, I can't say yes to doing music for it. 

However, this game looks promising, and I've always been a sucker for low-res stuff. In other words: I'll provide music for this game, on the basis that it will be finished at some point, and not just worked on for a week and then abandoned because you got bored of it... PM me. 

Oh: Is that GUI going to be used in the final version? I've always been afraid of games that use the default GUI...

Erwin_Br

Looking good. I love comedy games!

--Erwin

Dualnames

Actually, since mouth had forgotten to posted that I'm gonna help him, I'm doing it. I know, I know he's really getting the best... :o. Anyway we're starting production from this day. I hope mouth sometime fix that post and put me as glorious programmer.

EDIT: Steeldrummer is making the music eh?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

"unnessicary"? If it's on purpose, then fine, but if not, you should get a proofreader...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

mouthuvmine

You know, I always spell it that way. And I can't figure out why. None of that in the release, I promise. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Steel Drummer

UPDATE: Finished main theme. I'll leave it up to mouthuvmine whether or not to post it.

mouthuvmine

Well, it's been a little while, and things are moving slowly, but I thought I'd share a few sprites I've been working on animating.

Cast your eyes to the first post for the dramatis personae so far!

SuperDre

this one also looks amazingly good already.. hehe..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk