OpenQuest

Started by Giddy Plant, Thu 25/10/2007 14:33:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Giddy Plant

The game documented here has been completed.

download link

I hope some newbies find this game vaguely useful in their endeavours. Everyone else can pretty much ignore!

Buckethead

Hooray!  :D

EDIT:
the site gives an error

Giddy Plant

I was too lazy to try it in firefox, have another go!

Ashen

Extracted file gives an error too  :-\

The game you are trying to load is in a directory longer than 15 characters. This is not a valid directory name for an AGS game.

Easy enough to fix - just knock the '272' off the end of OpenQuestSource272 to take it down to 15 characters - but not a great start for something so potentially newbie-friendly.

Played it, but haven't looked at the source yet. Nice little game...
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Giddy Plant

Didn't know about that limit. Not to worry, I have uploaded an amended version.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

GreenBoy

Awesome Ive been waiting for this to come out.  Such a great idea.  This should prove to be a good reference point for people with limited scripting skills.  Like me  :'(  awwww

Nightfable

Thank you so much for this!!  :-*

Ghost

Kay-ooot! Good work!

I must admit, though, that that little dog next to the links made me think longingly of...

One thing: Switching off the light and then turning it back on seems to make the light actually BRIGHTER than it was originally- and some of the language sound a tiny bit arkward. Fitting for the aliens, though, so it might be intentional.

JimmyShelter

Nice little game, great idea. Hopefully someone will find it usefull!

CosmoQueen

Hey even after gaining clearance I still can't walk past that woman. How come?
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Afflict

The game was very nice, I enjoyed playing it though looking at the source was very insightful. XD

Thanks.

geogre

hello,

openquest looks like exactly what i need to get startet with ags. thanks very very much for doing this. unfortunately i can't download it, neither the link nor rightklicking it works, where else can i get it??
thanks for your help!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk