What are your Halloween plans?

Started by lo_res_man, Tue 30/10/2007 02:11:59

Previous topic - Next topic

lo_res_man

Happy halloween Peoples!
So, whats are you plans for the coming suger fest?
Getting Ready to wear some goofy costume, or are you going to just pass out the goods. Or maybe youve gone or are going to go to some great party. Or maybe your just a big halloween humbug.
So tell us, what are your plans on this most cavity inducing of days?

As for myself, I'm going around, doing a little trick or treating, doing some schmosing, but I have a preatty good costume. I'm going as a calavera. Not Manny Calavera, A! calavera, one of those day of the dead dolls. I got a poncho , a karate outfit (with the poncho on top it looks like tradional   mexican farmers garb. a sombrero, and a calavera skull like mask I made out of plaster cast strips. hopefully I'll get my picture taken so I can show you guys.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Grundislav

Apparently I'll be sitting through a tropical storm...

Sylvr

Playing at a basketball game. Not playing in the game, but rather for the game.

And then perhaps some candy-obtaining.
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

monkey0506

Well, 31 October (i.e., Halloween) is my best friend's birthday. Unfortunately he has to work Wednesday evening, but if we don't celebrate his birthday it would be the first time in the 10 years we've known each other that we've failed to do so.

In light of this, me, his brother, and his brother's ex-wife/fiancée (divorced, but soon to be re-wed) have all decided to throw him a surprise birthday party that he's already in on.

I've bought lots of candy amongst other things. We're going to just be dumb and have some fun and celebrate his glorious 19th.

Just for the sheer hell of it all, I'm going to go through with my costume idea and just be the Jolly Green Giant throughout the party. Viewer beware: Pictures shall ensue. :=

Nine Toes

I have to work overtime, but my wife is taking the little one trick-or-treating with the downstairs neighbors.  We had his picture taken today at the pharmacy:
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Stupot

Trick or treating is banned in my community :(
probably just as well... at 24 I'm a bit old for that.
Instead I'll be holed away in my bedroom trying to get some coursework done and ignoring the knocks on the door from those crazy kids who dared to break curfew.

Theres bound to be a good film on.  always is on Halloween, so I'll probably watch whatever that may be.  Then get an early night with a mug of warm cocoa in my dressing gown and scooby-doo slippers.

Buckethead

Halloween is not a big thing here. In fact no one has ever come to our door to beg for candy on Halloween. I already sort of celebrated Halloween already. I got a free ticket from Movie park germany and it appeared you could use that ticket to skip the lines as well. So it took like 2 min a ride instead of 2 hours  :P It seems that there already was some halloween horror night for movies on saturday here. But the local video store has a nice offer to rent lots of DVD's for not much money.

Sparky

Unfortunately my neighborhood is a bit too inner city for trick-or-treating. I'll carve a couple of pumpkins with my best friend, and skip out on the whole sugar consumption bit. Maybe we'll watch a couple of fun horror movies.

Mr Jake

Cocktails and light entertainment at a party consisting of sensible young people.

Sylvr

| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

veryweirdguy

Quote from: Hotspot on Tue 30/10/2007 13:41:19
Cocktails and light entertainment at a party consisting of sensible young people.

Sounds interesting! What are you dressing as? I bet it's an awesome concept for a costume, whatever it is. I'll wager it's not a brilliant costume though. But the concept and character is BOUND to be great.

rubywaves

Assisting Death as he gathers souls for his otherworldly collection.

Nah, just helping my fiance--dressed as Death--scare up little kids as they leave the driveway with their candy.  What's almost scary is that he really gets into his role.  He doesn't talk, and his eyes seem to change when he puts on the skull mask.  (No wonder he was such a success at the haunted house he worked at a few years ago; some people came around just to see him.  :P )

Me?  I'm his little dead punk-rock-vampire girlfriend.

QuoteTrick or treating is banned in my community

A few years ago, Halloween fell on a Sunday, and my town banned trick-or-treating that night.  Anyone who wanted candy had to do their business that Saturday, otherwise they would be arrested.  Talk about severe.

Haddas

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 30/10/2007 03:48:26Apparently I'll be sitting through a tropical storm...

Seconded, sadly.

We have a costume contest at work and, after much mind-changing and confusion, I've settled on a Wesley/The Dread Pirate Roberts outfit in honor of the 20th anniversary of the film.

shbaz

All the parties here happened last weekend, so I guess I'll be working and then coming home to do whatever.

Maybe we could have a party in #AGS and get drunk?
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Nightfable

Lovin' the avatar, Darth!

I'll go trick or treating with my 21 month old, she's going as Elmo this year - I just hope it's a fun experience for her... Then I might watch a scary movie with my hubby, stuff my face with candy and then go to sleep.

Nothing much really.  :)

LimpingFish

I'll be picking peanut shell out of my belly button, as I lounge naked in my dungeon, while watching possibly the worst horror movies in the history of filmdom.

Plus, I may order pizza.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Buckethead

Quote from: Nightfable on Tue 30/10/2007 17:58:08

I'll go trick or treating with my 21 month old, she's going as Elmo this year

Your 21 month old doesn't look so happy. Perhaps she should as this intead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7IxliAPjAk

:= :=

jetxl

There is no harvest fest here, but I asked my friend if they want to watch a few horror flicks. So far we've got Braindead (usa:dead-alive), Evil Dead trilogy, Shawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later and Ichi the Killer (japan:koroshiya 1).
The thing is that I've seen all of them. Does anyone know of a few other slapstick horror movies?

Mr Jake

Quote from: veryweirdguy on Tue 30/10/2007 14:59:17
Quote from: Hotspot on Tue 30/10/2007 13:41:19

Sounds interesting! What are you dressing as? I bet it's an awesome concept for a costume, whatever it is. I'll wager it's not a brilliant costume though. But the concept and character is BOUND to be great.

Speak for yourself! My costume is awesome on all levels. Just you wait and see.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk