Colouring Ball Nov. 6 - Nov. 20: Spaceships!

Started by Arboris, Tue 06/11/2007 09:31:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Arboris

This CB's topic is: Spaceships!

Use the given outline to create your own spaceship. Will it be a spacestation, a cruiseship, a freighter, a star destroyer, a nimble fighter or something of a different nature? It doesn't matter aslong as it gives the impression it could be a form of transportation in space.
For example: it could be a gentle polka-dot giant space whale, hijacked  and enslaved by the savage 3 feet tall space pirates from planet Xiya. (it sounded funnier in my head)

RULES
Theme:          Has to be a form of space transportation
Max colours:  256
Max height:   200
Max width:    320
-Additional-
* The outline may be mirrored and rotated in way or form, but not scaled.
* The outline may be copied. Copies of the outline can be altered in any way and are not restricted as the original
* The outline may be altered, but still has to be recognisable. (You know what I mean ;))
* Additional items (wings, thrusters etc.) may be placed ontop of the outline aslong as the original shape is still clearly visible.

As usual bonuspoints for creativity and originality. Also bonuspoints for the use of a background.

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

Gilbert

Gunnnnnship!

15 colours (including transparency)

Since the outline was not modified in anyway I think it's not necessary to write the image size here. (The outline was put in a separate layer while painting.)

ThreeOhFour

monkey0506

Why can I picture this going down such a horribly wrong path? :=

Nice...spaceship Gilbot ;)

Arboris

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Tue 06/11/2007 22:50:17
Why can I picture this going down such a horribly wrong path? :=

Why? Your freudian sense tingling, or something like that?  :)

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Tue 06/11/2007 11:55:24
Gunnnnnship!

Gilbot's entry has disappeared or what ???

Anyway, I'm doing my own Zeppelin From outer Space!

Gilbert

Possibly because of the cheap free image hosting I used, I checked the account and there's this announcement "We are experiencing an intermittent attack - we're working on stabilizing the site - watch this space for updates", but then I could see the image again. If you still can't see it try using direct link.

mwahahaha

Monsieur OUXX

Looks like the pirates' submarine in "Les Mondes Engloutis" (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDoHH37FMk&feature=related)
Unfortunately, I can't find any picture of any sort, even in videos...

Edited by mod: You don't need to quote pictures when it's just the last post of yours.

mouthuvmine

Flying through the galaxy in my new red spaceship! I got so wrapped up in trying to make it interesting, I ended up making it a little too simplistic.

Cheers to 3 hours of not working on my game! :P

Original size, 115 colors + trans

Monsieur OUXX

Zeppelin from outer Space !  :D

x2

About 16 colors, plus 5 for the background

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Arboris

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 18/11/2007 20:50:51
Wow you guys really scare me away,

Winning isn't the actual goal of these competitions. They are really more of a fun way to  practice your skills. So don't be scared to enter any of these, this isn't a "lol u suck"community. You're more likely to get positive feedback from people.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Arboris

Well, time is up. So without further ado I'll anounce the outcome of our little skirmish.

1th place goes to: Monsieur OUXX
2nd place goes to: Gilbot
3th place goes to: mouthuvmine

And thanks to everyone who entered.

Stupot

mouthuvmine

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: ArboriS on Tue 20/11/2007 22:05:59
1th place goes to: Monsieur OUXX

I'd like to thank my mother and the people without whom I wouldn't have been here today.  8)

No, in fact, I'd like to thank Gilbot who made a sprite 1000 times nicer than mine, but who chose a topic than obviously didn't appeal to ArboriS  :D  ;)

[EDIT]"one should never make an entry in a contest with no trophy" (proverb)[/EDIT] ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk