Jibble

Author Topic: [PLUGIN] Joystick / Game controller support! v1.2.0  (Read 29133 times)

Re: [PLUGIN] Joystick / Game controller support! v1.2.0
« Reply #120 on: 08 Apr 2019, 14:19 »
Yes that's the real current name of the exe file. Me and my friend are using the same project file. I dont have any other extra files apart from agsjoy.dll and a .dat file.

@Wyz: My apologies. When the saved game was made a joystick was plugged in.

Now my friend on his version is trying to load the game without joystick and he is getting this error message:

I also just realize that this exactly the same problem we had two years ago: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55164.0
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2019, 15:19 by Vincent »

Wyz

• anno 1986
    • I can help with making music
    • I can help with story design
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with voice acting
    • I can help with web design
    • Wyz worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Wyz worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #121 on: 08 Apr 2019, 16:48 »
Ah yes, this is a rather generic error something along the lines of: "You tried to use an object that no longer exists". Could it be the same problem as before? Have a look out for any piece of code that might use a Joystick object that is invalid (so .Valid() would return false). There could perhaps something in repeatedly_execute that runs before the game restore event has a chance to do checks; I don't exactly know the order of events in AGS. There might still be a bug in the plugin though; just checking. :)
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

« Reply #122 on: 08 Apr 2019, 17:55 »
Ah yes, this is a rather generic error something along the lines of: "You tried to use an object that no longer exists". Could it be the same problem as before? Have a look out for any piece of code that might use a Joystick object that is invalid (so .Valid() would return false). There could perhaps something in repeatedly_execute that runs before the game restore event has a chance to do checks; I don't exactly know the order of events in AGS. There might still be a bug in the plugin though; just checking. :)

The problem seems to be really similar to the one we had some time ago. I remember that the problem was fixed when you shared a new version of the plugin. I am still using the new version of the plugin which you provided so I am sure that we are using the latest version of the plugin but now it doesn't seems to work anymore for some strange reasons. My friend pointed out to me that somehow the numbers that come out in the error message are different from those reported two years ago.