-----------

Started by ------, Mon 10/12/2007 14:05:57

Previous topic - Next topic

------

------------

JimmyShelter

Your host doesn't seem to link direct linking to the images: they don't show up for me.

Any plans for an English version?

------

----------------

Akatosh

Ooh, I think I remember this from some months (or is it a year already?) ago... waiting for the English translation, all I can say in Spanish is "No hablo Espanol."

José Luiz

It's an interesting game! I started playing it some time ago.

Nergal, if you send me the text file of "Quiero Morir", I can try to translate it to English.
"L'Histoire est un roman qui a été." (Edmond and Jules de Goncourt)

jkohen

My first impressions of the game:
The introduction starts with good writing. Graphics are not bad.

First I noticed the console in the inventory. For a while I tried using it on everything, thinking that it was some sort of tricorder, to no avail. Why don't we get a manual or some for of explanation of what it's supposed to do? The main character is supposed to know and it wastes a lot of time until you realize what it's for (and I'm still wondering if I should still try using it on everything).

As soon as we get control of the character however we notice that many actions don't have any feedback. You should at least use some generic message such as "there is no point in trying that," so the user doesn't have to retry the action to make sure it was understood.

Then I started walking around. I would suggest making the transition areas more clear. The vast landscape gives the idea that we can walk in all directions, not just left and right. And talking about making things clear, there is quite a bit of pixel hunting from what I've seen. Even when the object is visible, as in the case of the ramita (twig), it's hard to click on it.

One bug I found so far: the salt bowl has no mouse-over description.

Also, the music at the beginning is quite repetitive and very short, so it gets on your nerves quickly enough. Given that the game has ten MIDIs, it would be nice to get some variety. Or at least some silences every now and then, which could be filled with the sounds of wind blowing and what not.

Now to go on with the game. All the above came from 10' of walking around.

Second bug: I can't leave the screen with Chorander the same way I entered it. There seems to be no other way to leave either, so I'm stuck.

Edit: added second bug.

------

-----

jkohen

Quote from: Nergal on Sat 15/12/2007 14:17:39
1. Ok. Maybe Max should tell something about the console when the game starts.

Or maybe when you examine it, he could just say
Spoiler
what it's missing, or that something is missing, etc.
[close]

2. I don't understand the second point. Sorry...  :-\

Gran parte de las acciones no reciben ninguna respuesta de Max. Por ejemplo, al usar la consola en algunos objetos Max dice que no pasa nada, mientras que en otros objetos no abre la boca.

6. I don't remember this bug when I test my game but I will fix it. You can use the console and select other place for leave this place.

Right, I don't know why I didn't think of that!

The plot looks good so far. Like I said, from your introduction it seems that your writing is good. However, I haven't progressed far, yet, so I can't comment on the plot and character development.

Eli

Quote from: Nergal on Mon 10/12/2007 14:29:33
Please, tell me if you can see the screenshots now. Thanks.

I want to do an English version but I need time  ;)

Hola, felicitaciones por tu juego. Bueno y entretenido. Vi las escenas. Estoy ya jugándolo pero tengo algunos problemas y pedí ayuda en HINTS.
No muchos entienden español, sería posible que tu visites los hints and tips? Gracias de antemano

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Rama, Alarame and Escotilla - SERIOUS pixel hunts.

I gave the egg to Charander and he said he gave me a card, but he didn't. What's up with that?

EDIT - Nevrmind, I did get it. It was so dark I didn't see it.

EDIT 2 - Also, when you get the ship going, if you didn't turn off the inventory before you went, in the police/Max dialog you can't see Max's lines, they're hidden by the inventory.

GAME-STOPPING BUG - If you go LEFT on the screen where the police force you to land, the game hangs because he just says, continuosly, "It's not the time to return to the ship".

Ok, I've seen enough of the game to opine. Nothing in the game is great, or superb, but it's definitely above average. Graphics are very pleasant to look at, 2d characters merge surprisingly well. One pixel-hunt is one pixel-hunt too many and there's more than one, but it's not game-stopping... well, it hasn't been so far, at least. Music is rather desolate in tone, which fits the game's mood quite well - no problem there. Oddly, using INV items with other INV items works the other way - if you want to put the chip in the console, you have to use the CONSOLE with the CHIP. This is counter-logical, and a flaw, and it should be fixed. I also concur with blashyrkh's points about the vastness of the scenery and the lack of responses.

Also, this is waaaaay better than La Tabla de Rawls, which was cumbersome to play and buggy.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

------

-----

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh, no, don't be discouraged. All nitpicks aside, your game has one big advantage - it's fun to play. And gameplay is quite good - good puzzles, good main character walking speed (so many people nowadays forget that the main character can't just snail along...).

We've made you aware of what we felt were your mistakes. You agree they are mistakes. That's great - you've learned something new. That makes you more than qualified to start your next game, because you can take all the good things from Quiero Morir, and fix the not-so-good things.

The only way to make good games is to make games. Again, Quiero Morir is a fun game to play, and in the end that's all that matters, so many other games around here try to be outstanding and end up falling flat on their faces (and I do have a few in mind)... so go right ahead and make another game. I, for one, am certainly looking forward to it.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

------

-----

jkohen

I still haven't had a chance to continue playing the game, but I will do so as soon as I get some spare time again. However, I wanted to add, do listen to Rui, don't let negative feedback discourage you. That you got some feedback at all means that people were at least interested enough by your game to take some of their time to write about it. Usually I just give games I don't like a bad review in the AGS game page and that's all, but this time I really felt compelled to post here.

You might want to get some beta testers you can trust, next time :)

Also, can we expect some bug fixes?

------

-------

------

----------

Dualnames

Wondering is the game in English?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

------

------

------

----------

jkohen

Quote from: Nergal on Thu 31/01/2008 14:57:52
I uploaded the game again because there was a problem with some object of the inventory. The bug was fixed. Sorry!

Could you please edit out the links to the older versions?

Quote from: Nergal on Thu 31/01/2008 14:57:52
Ah, if somebody wants to help me with the translation of the game, I'll be grateful to him/her!

How can one be of assistance?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk