TEMPLATE: BluBox - The AGS Testbed

Started by RickJ, Sat 15/12/2007 07:59:32

Previous topic - Next topic

RickJ

This is just a handy little GUI useful for testing modules and code snippets. The test GUI consists of an event log, test title and status message, 9 digital meters and their captions, 9 test buttons, and 6 led status indicators.  The Select button allows the user to select different test configurations. 

Each test configuration is implemented in a room script.   When the room loads all of the test controls are disabled (i.e. hidden) by the global script.  Each of the desired controls is enabled or initialized with a single lineof code in the room_Load() event handler.   Test button events are forwarded to the test room's script where they are handled via the on_call() handler.  The Leds and Meters are updated in the room_RepEx() event handler.  Again just a single line of code for each is all it takes.  Items are time tagged and recorded in the event log with a single line of code similar to a display statement. 

The black area above the control panel is the test room's  background image.  This area can be used to work with room objects and areas.  Just create a background image 800x600 where the important elements are in the top half of the screen and import it into the desired test room. 

This can be used to test modules, try out ideas, learn scripting, or to make tutorial packages.  Anyway, give it a try a let me know what you think. 

BluBox-T0100-B02.zip

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Heh, is this in any way related to your old BlueGUI, Rick? ;)
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

RickJ

No, Rui, this is completely different from the BluGui, which I hope to bring back some day in module form.  This is adapted from a little thing called ModTest, which I did way back before there were modules in AGS.  I got tired of having to create a GUI everytime I wanted to test somethng out  so I made ModTest and now improved/adapted it to AGS 3.0 in the form of BluBox. 

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: RickJ on Sat 15/12/2007 07:59:32
This is just a handy little GUI useful for testing modules and code snippets. The test GUI consists of an event log, test title and status message

This is awesome! I'm surprised that there not more answers to this thread. I suppose this is a bit too much "developers oriented". I was implementing something like this myself, but with a much smaller application range, and with no GUI !

Very good work. Haha, soon there will be a CVS module and an Eclipse skin for in-game interface :)

eri0o

Necroing again, last necro for the week!! Promise! Does someone have this saved somewhere?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk