Unbound: A WOUND Vignette

Started by LimpingFish, Thu 20/12/2007 00:10:55

Previous topic - Next topic

LimpingFish

LimpingFish Presents...

Unbound

"The aftermath of Project Caterpillar has left four people dead, and Dr Nicholas
Powell missing. Howard Fielding, surviving member of Powell's research team, has
been sequestered to an abandoned government facility, while agents investigate the
circumstances surrounding the deaths of his colleagues and try to determine the
current whereabouts of Dr Powell.

But whatever answers Howard Fielding might have, he's keeping to himself...and
whatever has been awakened in his subconcious mind is about to make itself known."

Features:

*Panoramic Enviroments
*Original Soundtrack

Screenshots:

I advise playing Heartland Deluxe (the first Wound Vignette) before playing Unbound, as the games are designed to be played in sequence.

IMPORTANT!: Please read the included README1ST.txt file, which includes additional technical information about Unbound, before playing the game. Thanks. :)

Download: Here!

Thanks to:

SteveMcrea, for his Panorama module.
Pablo, for his Simple Save/Load module and his beta-testing.
Vince Twelve, for hosting Heartland Deluxe these past thirteen months.

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Vince Twelve

Wow, congrats!

Let me know if you need a hosting mirror for this one too!  Downloading now!

Edit:  Finished!  Short but stylish as hell.  Some more very interesting peaks into what looks like an intriguing story.  Well done!

nihilyst

Wow! Congratulations for having this finished. But I have to beat the first one yet.

auriond

Congratulations! Downloading now. :)

Kweepa

Great production values, and enjoyable game, but... WTF is it all about? :=
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

LimpingFish

Thanks for the comments, everyone. :)

I do admit that Unbound has an even bigger "Huh?" factor than Heartland Deluxe, but I promise to clear up a lot of stuff in the third game.

SSH

It would help if it was clear if these "Wound" vignettes were wound (woond) as in injury or wound (wownd) as in wrapped up

Vlad

Quote from: SSH on Fri 21/12/2007 09:59:05
It would help if it was clear if these "Wound" vignettes were wound (woond) as in injury or wound (wownd) as in wrapped up
They might be both. Ooooh, mysterious...

Anyway, I loved the game, every pixel of it, ever bit of memory processed through the infernal construct that is my PC.

Just so you kow, after playing both games my expectations for the third game are sky high. If these two games were supposed to achieve this effect then mission accomplished  :)

InCreator

I liked it! Graphics and atmosphere is really superb.
For some crits, the intro was longer than game! And, it was quite messy, I didn't understand much, even though I've played previous one too. But that added to mysterious atmosphere, anyway  ;)

aaron

Wait, how are you supposed to get the screws out?

Dualnames

Ask of hints in the right section of the forums please... Anyway, good job Limping Fish...That's one great X-mas gift..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ManicMatt

If you get stuck on this.. have you ever played an adventure game before?  :P

Anyways! Yes Limpy Fish, good stuff! Good stuff indeed! I can't believe you did these graphics! A lot less reading of journals in this episode, much better pacing!

TheJBurger

Awesome atmosphere, but the story has me going "Wha?" the whole time.
I didn't understand anything when I played Heartland, so I played it again before I played Unbound, but still, I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

However, the graphics, music, sound, were amazing. Nice job.

tube

Another beautiful piece, great work all around. Awesome graphics and audio backing a well written story which stays true to the genre. Not my favourite genre in games, but that's about the only gripe I've got.

PS: I don't think it's too obscure.

bicilotti

Intriguing plot and skillful use of vids makes this a interesting game. As some other players I'm waiting for the next chapter and I have a question for the author: will the third be the last one?

LimpingFish

Thanks for all the kind words, everybody. :)

The third game will be the final "Wound Vignette", yes. It will be the longest game of the three, with a multiroom enviroment, characters to interact with, and a storyline that answers all that I left so vague in the first two games.

It will also do away with the inventory features of the first two games. It was a feature that I never fully took advantage of, so I've decided to eliminate it.

Other than those points, it will more or less conform to the template I laid out in the earlier games.

Expect it...oh, jeez,let's see...

...eight to twelve months from now?... ;)

As for "Wound" itself?...it'll be a multiplayer FPS. Sniper-mode and Bullet-time included. :P

ManicMatt

Don't forget the exploding barrels.

Stupot

Great Game LF.  Congratulations.
One gripe:
Spoiler
Those Words that flash up are too quick for me... I got 'AWAKE' and 'JOIN'... but could you tell me what all the other ones were?
[close]
Can't wait for the third installment.

LimpingFish

Thanks, Stupot.

The words are (in more or less the order they appear):
Spoiler
Awake, Deliverance, Better, Join, Join, Rebirth, God, Rebirth.
[close]
I think that's them all. ;)

TheCheese33

OH MY GOD! I've been waiting for this for ages! Thank you so much, LimpingFish!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk