Alan Saves Christmas

Started by OneDollar, Thu 20/12/2007 22:48:32

Previous topic - Next topic

OneDollar

Alan Saves Christmas

Story
When the Ministry of Holidays receive a letter from Santa Claus cancelling his toy delivery for Christmas, they send an accountant named Alan to find out what is going on...

Features
*Full 800x600 graphics
*14 screens
*Comedic storyline
*Original hero
*Several puzzles of different difficulties
*Large and small download versions

About
This is a Christmas themed entry for the December 2007 MAGS competition

Website: http://onedollarproductions.googlepages.com/alansaveschristmas
AGS games page: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=971

Dan

me2004

no no you saved christmas lol ive been looking for a fun xmas game for awhile and this one looks great thx alot

Maybe it's me but I've tried to download the small version several times and it terminates prematurely.

OneDollar

Quote from: Guest on Wed 26/12/2007 09:29:02
Maybe it's me but I've tried to download the small version several times and it terminates prematurely.
It still works for me, but if anyone else has any problems let me know. Try a download manager?

Really nice little game. Good puzzles and nice, crisp graphics. Good job.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Looking good, but changing gamma doesn't seem to work at all...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

OneDollar

No, I really should have taken that out. I followed the manual's instructions so either the function doesn't work or I missed something else. I figured maybe it was just my computer that wouldn't do it.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh, it works, and you shouldn't take it out. It should be easy to fix, take a closer look in the manual. If you still need help, check out the default template for AGS 3.0, which includes working Gamma code (by yours truly ::) ).

I love it when games include this option. So by no means take it out, please.

Kneel. Now.

OneDollar

Ah, I found the problem, and a stupid one it was ::)
Spoiler
Don't tell anyone, but my gamma changing code was referring to a different slider...
[close]
Gamma now works in the new Version 1.11 (same download link)! Especially for you Rui ;D

Edit: That was version 1.11

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Kneel. Now.

Leon

Although it isn't Christmas anymore it was still a good game to play. Nice, not everyday puzzles. Good graphics. Good text. Good story. Well done.

The walkthrough can be found here.

btw, there's a typ'o in the credits (yep, I even read those...): It says Caracter Control Module instead of Character. Nice music there.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

OneDollar

Thanks Leon, and glad you liked it! What's an amateur game without a few typos anyway? ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk