Worried about friend on the forum!

Started by Peder 🚀, Sun 23/12/2007 00:24:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Hey all,
I havent heard from one of my friends on the AGS forum for a VERY LONG TIME and I am starting to get very worried.
Because of this I decided to start this thread to try and find out as much as possible about why I havent heard from her in so long time.

So to anyone that shared words with her, knew her etc let me know all you know about her, last thing you heard from her etc.

The member I am on about is Petra:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?action=profile;u=5677

She havent been on MSN nor the AGS forum for ages and she havent replied to any of the emails I sent her.

I hope someone can help!

Thanks,
Peder Johnsen.

Domino

Maybe she no longer has an internet connection.

ManicMatt

Actually, what happened to PMDee as well?

EDIT: And EagerMind? And the karate guy with MC Hammer dancing? (oh yeah.. Barbarian!) And Esper!!!!

Stupot

It's quite sad when internet buddies disappear.
I'd like to catch up with a few of my old EgoDreams chums from the Dreamcast days, but some of them vanished.
One guy in particular I did have on MSN.  He was always really depressed, and then he vanished... I only hope he didn't do himself any harm.

Barbarian

Maniac, dOOd, (and any others who care to notice) I'm baaaack!  ;D

Yeah, sometimes "life gets in the way of life". I had some other priorities for a while, but now I'm eager to get back into the AGS and the adventure-gaming scene again. 
I'm dusting off my old "Abyss" project actually and will try to get it all together soon enough (me hopes).
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Evil

I'm pretty sure C.Lexsutin is dead...Or in someone's trunk...Or dressed as a gimp, locked in someone's basement...

Nikolas

I was actually wondering about the Barbarian, AND Kinoko, both of which I did contact at some points! And I saw that both were fine.

Petra was not "long enough" to know more about her (I think), so if you can find alternative ways o contact her, do so. I knew enough about the above 2 members to search them on the net... Esper has dissappeared from AGS but not in general... Life is not so pretty really. Helm left (in case anyone is wondering), because of some heavy debates, and he did make a last post a few weeks (?) ago.

That's all I know! But it's very nice to see people caring! :) Really nice! :)

Lionmonkey

I've spotted lately that many new members started registering to these forums (probably because AGS is gaining in fame). "Good for CJ and us" you may say "Even more AGS games to play". Well, I don't think so.

These new members tend to post to post in the Beginners Questions section, saying that their skills are too inferior and that they need some help from a pro. After some time they dissapear. Some of them make posts in General Discussions about leaving because being too frustrated, not being able to create what they want.

These people are attracted to AGS because they see a possibility to create a game, like one they worshipped back in Nineties, only it would be their own creation. But soon enough they see that it is not as easy as it seems to be, become frustrated and abandon what they've started.

At first I thought that it was Petra's case, seeing that she was relatively not so long ago registered and had no completed games. But then I spotted that she had no posts in the Beginner Questions thread, so either she was doing perfectly well and had no troubles in making the game, OR she wasn't creating a game! Soon enough, I spotted that most of her posts were in the "Best ROCK song ever thread", so she probably was really interested in this ROCK thing.

So, I've got a theory that she must have simply found another forum, where to discuss it. Maybe some forum, dedicated to ROCK...

Update on the news is to com...

UPDATE!!!

After a lot of lurking through the Internet and various forums, I've discovered some facts:

1) She doesn't respond to her email probably because the site, supporting it is dead.

2) She's really into that ROCK thing, because Petra is also a name of a famous ROCK band.

3) There are VERY many people who use "Petra" as their Username, especially at ROCK forums, so finding her there is close to impossible.

4) I've found out that a woman named Petra is registered at Yahoo! Answers. She is in he fourties and she is from Germany (same data, Petra has in her AGS profile). I sent her a personal message and also found out the following information:

a) She registered at Yahoo! in May 13, 2007. That's about twenty days beffore joining AGS forum.

b)Her last name starts with "F"

c)She lives at the northern part of Germany.

d)Her hobbies are: International music, films, going out, dancing, travelling, her friends, good meals, books (she likes Terry Pratchett), painting, sculpturing and travelling.

e) Her only question at Yahoo! Answers was if someone is willing to teach her better english. This gives me a new link...

Update on the news is to com...

JimmyShelter

Quote from: Lionmonkey on Sun 23/12/2007 09:37:03
2) She's really into that ROCK thing, because Petra is also a name of a famous ROCK band.

3) There are VERY many people who use "Petra" as their Username, especially at ROCK forums, so finding her there is close to impossible.

Dude, Petra is a very common first name, the band is probably called after the name, not the other way around.

Many people are using it as their nick name, because it's their real first name.

(Incidentely my first name is Peter, and it does mean 'rock', but just because the name means rock, doesn't mean anything).

Lionmonkey

Quote from: JimmyShelter on Sun 23/12/2007 11:16:30

Dude, Petra is a very common first name, the band is probably called after the name, not the other way around.

Many people are using it as their nick name, because it's their real first name.

Thanks, but I think I figured it myself already.
Now about the investigation. Frankly, I think it has come into dead end. I eventually found a Yahoo! Group which was about German-English language learning. I found three Petras from Germany in there.
The thing is that none of them were from the Northern Germany. Two were from Bavaria (Southern Germany), one was from North Rhine-Westphalia (Central Germany). No more info about them, except their pictures,
The only hope, I've got now is that one or more of possible contacts will email me back.
Waiting is the only thing, left to do.

Sorry, if I failed you...

Radiant

I've never even heard of that band, but I can think of many other things named Petra...

Dualnames

Kinoko posts once a year here... sadly I really enjoyed her company.
And Ivy posts very rarely though she;s always online mos of the time.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Chicky

Anyone remember Yoke? I know M0ds does for sure!

He was a sound chap to talk to online, he helped me through one of the hardest stages of my life.

I tend check back to his account on ags, his forum, his website and email him once in a while. Never any activity though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk