LOST IN THE WOODS

Started by theatrx, Sat 05/01/2008 06:11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

theatrx

I've finished a short little game called "Lost in the Woods".  It should take about an hour to complete.  I wanted to finish it before New Years but the year got away from me.  I try to learn something new about AGS with every game... This one was about mirrors and switching from graphical variables to global Ints.  More notes!!!  I love AGS!  Thanks Chris for a great engine.  I'm still too chicken to try the new version though.

The story:
You decide to go on a little vacation but you forgot the map.  You need to find your way home.

Here's the link.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=978

And some screenshots:

Cool Reflection!  With  no Lake Module.  Damn!
A Little Wizard of Oz but what the hell.  With no Fire Module. Damn!
In the sewer with the mosquito larvae.  With no Water Module. Damn!
The mysterious disappearing temple.  With the FANTASTIC FADING THING MODULE!
Lost in the Woods but I found a cool rock.  Like who hasn't in an adventure game?  With no Rock Module.  There's a Rock Module?!
Also, I was sort of experimenting with photoshop water color backgrounds.  Hope you enjoy this little diversion.

Special thanks to splatt44 and Ashen for all their help.
Life is a banquet and most poor sonsofbitches are starving to death

Alussa

Hi..pl ...somebody ,open Hints thread !!!!
I cant get anywhere from point ,when i found rock...
Thanks ??? ??? ???

Dualnames

Abuse of fresco photoshop effect... love it. The game ain;t bad.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

This is not a good game for me, the screens all look the same and I have had enough of walking around in circles. I'm not sure if I could have picked anything up since almost everything is a green blob and there is no indication that anything can be interacted with. The player character seems to walk all over the screen yet there are no obvious exits so I probably missed several of those.

I think it might have been a good idea to darken some areas of the backgrounds to show that those areas are exits if you know what I mean, or at least have the mouse cursor somehow indicate when it is over an object or hotspot.

I found this game so frustrating I deleted it after just a couple of minutes of playing :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk