AGS 3.0.1 Final 2 - Queen's English Edition

Started by Pumaman, Wed 30/01/2008 21:55:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Ghost i think that 666 number is doing it all. Chris is religious. ;D Anyway ,i had the same weird shit instead however having the "I click the engine does whatever she wants" i get the teleportation. I click on a walkable area and the game changed room. Despite there was no line like change room whatever.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Cinfa

An internal error has occurred. Please note down the folliwing information...
Error:Crossfade: buffer is null attempting transition.

this is what happens when loading a game with double click on Vista.

Cinfa

Quote from: Ghost on Thu 07/02/2008 04:37:08
Quote from: Pumaman on Tue 05/02/2008 21:27:07
Thanks for posting that, it's a bug that slipped into beta 1. I'll get it fixed for the next beta.

Glad to be of service.
Got this error too.
Walkable area is just a rectangle in the lower part of the screen, I click on the upper part and character moves to the bottom right.
I'll wait for the next beta before releasing Roccio's Quest recompile.

subspark

BUG: If dragging a sprite in the sprite window and then right click to cancel, instead of canceling the action (suggestion), AGS creates a copy of the sprite with the same sprite number.
BUG: Setting an object's baseline to zero does not have any effect on the draw ID. If set to 1 however, the object is correctly drawn behind the character.

Cheers,
Paul.

Cinfa

Quote from: subspark on Wed 13/02/2008 13:02:38
BUG: If dragging a sprite in the sprite window and then right click to cancel, instead of canceling the action (suggestion), AGS creates a copy of the sprite with the same sprite number.
Isn't ESC the default windows key to cancel a drag?

subspark

Errr. No offense but, when was escape ever used to cancel a drag in windows? A little tedious don't you think?
I believe Right click is a much more fitting and generally convenient option.

Cinfa

I agree, it's not comfy, but I just tried it dragging your signature image on my desktop, and rightclick copied the image, esc canceled the dragging.
I think sticking to standards could be more accessible, but it's just my opinion.

subspark

Try a folder on the desktop. It is the native way windows has always worked and in my opinion is most accepted as 'standard'.
Why not settle this by implementing right click cancel in addition to the existing escape. To put it this way, I don't think having to use both hands to cancel a simple action is the only way.

Cheers,
Paul.

Cinfa

duh.. it keeps opening the right click menu.. I tried dragging a file in a folder, dragging a folder in a folder and a folder on a file. ???
Oh, I have XP, maybe on vista is different. I can't remember how it was on 98..

Pumaman

QuoteError:Crossfade: buffer is null attempting transition.

this is what happens when loading a game with double click on Vista.

Which game? Are you using crossfade as your default transition? I'll look into it.

QuoteBUG: If dragging a sprite in the sprite window and then right click to cancel, instead of canceling the action (suggestion), AGS creates a copy of the sprite with the same sprite number.

Hmm, I couldn't replicate this. If I start to drag a sprite, then click the right mouse button, nothing happens (it doesn't cancel the drag). Which version of Windows are you using?

QuoteBUG: Setting an object's baseline to zero does not have any effect on the draw ID. If set to 1 however, the object is correctly drawn behind the character.

This is by design, and has always been the case. If you set the baseline to 0 then it uses the object's Y co-ordinate to determine the baseline, which is the default setting.

subspark

Quoteduh.. it keeps opening the right click menu..
Yeah, on the desktop, it's kind of a brute force method but in most of the software I use its quite a handy feature.

QuoteHmm, I couldn't replicate this.
You have to drag the sprite inside of it's own folder on the right-hand 'sprite selector' window and then right click for the bug to occur.

QuoteWhich version of Windows are you using?
Just XP. I'm using XP Proffesional here.  :)

Cheers guys,
Paul.

SSH

Trying to import a character, got:

System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at AGS.Editor.ImportExport.ReadOldStyleView(BinaryReader reader, Game game, SpriteFolder folder, Color[] palette)
   at AGS.Editor.ImportExport.ReadAndAddView(String viewName, BinaryReader reader, Game game, SpriteFolder folder, Color[] palette)
   at AGS.Editor.ImportExport.ImportCharacter(String fileName, Game game)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.CharactersComponent.ImportCharacter(String fileName)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.CharactersComponent.CommandClick(String controlID)
   at AGS.Editor.GUIController._mainForm_OnMenuClick(String menuItemID)
   at AGS.Editor.ProjectTree.ContextMenuEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loading the same CHA file into 272 works fine. One of the loops in the normal view had the "run next loop after loop finishes" boxes checked, which I unchecked and reexported from 272: then it loaded fine in 3.01.

bicilotti

I'm not really sure if that's the right thread to post in but:

I try to run a game made with AGS - 3.0.0.23 on a friend's PC (Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2, DX 9.0) and he got:

QUARTZ.DLL is missing

games made with 2.72 show no problems.

edit: once he downloaded quatrz.dll everything was ok, so I guess it's not a problem related with 3.0

naltimari

There's a bug somewhere in the parser, because the next line:

Code: ags
player.AddInventory(inventory[Collectables.GetValueByID(o.ID)]);

won't compile, giving me:

Quoteparse error after '['

The same line does compile if I change Collectables.GetValueByID() for a scalar.

EDIT: Collectables.GetValueByID is a static function which returns a 'short'.

SSH

I just found that if you try to draw walkable areas on a 640x400 screen in 3.0.1, then it completely messes up! It looks like the co-ordinates are being divided by 2...

naltimari

One more bug (or lack of an old feature), this time in Object.Animate(). According to the manual,

QuoteThe RepeatStyle parameter sets whether the animation will continuously repeat the cycling through the frames. [...] If RepeatStyle is 2 then it will do the animation once, but then return the graphic to the first frame and stop.

However, when RepeatStyle is '2', the loop does not get 'rewinded' as promised, it only plays once and stops at the last frame, as if RepeatStyle was eOnce.

Pumaman

QuoteYou have to drag the sprite inside of it's own folder on the right-hand 'sprite selector' window and then right click for the bug to occur.

I still can't replicate this. I tried this:
1. Left-click a sprite and drag it around within the right hand pane of the sprite manager.
2. Whilst dragging, click the right mouse button.
3. Nothing happens
4. Release left mouse button
5. Moves sprite as expected

Does anyone else have this problem?

QuoteTrying to import a character, got:

System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

Thanks for this -- it does indeed seem to be a problem with character import/export where the Run Next Loop flag is checked. I'll get it fixed.

QuoteI try to run a game made with AGS - 3.0.0.23 on a friend's PC (Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2, DX 9.0) and he got:

QUARTZ.DLL is missing

Hmm, do you know if the game was running with Direct 3D or DirectDraw? I think QUARTZ.DLL is a dependency of D3D, but in theory it shouldn't need it when using DirectDraw.

But also, it's a default Windows component that's part of Media Player, so I'm not quite sure why it would be missing.

QuoteThere's a bug somewhere in the parser, because the next line:

player.AddInventory(inventory[Collectables.GetValueByID(o.ID)]);

won't compile

This is a known limitation of the script compiler -- you can't use a static function as an array index. The workaround is as follows, but I appreciate that it's not ideal:

int invItem = Collectables.GetValueByID(o.ID);
player.AddInventory(inventory[invItem]);

I'm planning to revisit the script compiler and make some improvements, but probably not for 3.0.1.

QuoteI just found that if you try to draw walkable areas on a 640x400 screen in 3.0.1, then it completely messes up! It looks like the co-ordinates are being divided by 2...

I can't replicate this, can you clarify the situation? Is the game set to 320x200 or 640x400? What about the room? Is it only walkable areas, or are walk-behinds not working either?

QuoteHowever, when RepeatStyle is '2', the loop does not get 'rewinded' as promised, it only plays once and stops at the last frame, as if RepeatStyle was eOnce.

Thanks for this, I'll get it fixed.

SSH

Quote from: Pumaman on Thu 14/02/2008 21:03:56
I can't replicate this, can you clarify the situation? Is the game set to 320x200 or 640x400? What about the room? Is it only walkable areas, or are walk-behinds not working either?

Game is 640x400, bg is 640x400. Walkbehinds are fine, but walkable areas look OK while you are drawing them, but when you let go of the mouse (with line or box tool) it suddenly shrinks to half-size. The walkable area works OK in the game when played, but looks all wrong in the editor.

The walkable should cover the stage here: http://ssh.me.uk/img/walkabless.png

I think the problem is related to how I initially did the room. I loaded up the default game template, went to edit room 1, imported 640x400 BG. Then realised the game setting were still 320x200. I changed them to 640x400 and re-imported the BG in the room. However, since then, the room's walkable areas have been messed up. Creating a new room and reimporting the BG works fine. So something is not getting reset when you change a game's resolution.

Snarky

Quote from: Pumaman on Thu 14/02/2008 21:03:56
QuoteYou have to drag the sprite inside of it's own folder on the right-hand 'sprite selector' window and then right click for the bug to occur.

I still can't replicate this. I tried this:
1. Left-click a sprite and drag it around within the right hand pane of the sprite manager.
2. Whilst dragging, click the right mouse button.
3. Nothing happens
4. Release left mouse button
5. Moves sprite as expected

Does anyone else have this problem?

I think subspark's problem is that he doesn't want 5 to happen. In Windows, if you drag something holding either the left or right button down, and click the other button, it "cancels" the drag (though I think this is really just a side effect of whatever action the click does), so when you release the other button, nothing happens.

subspark

QuoteI think subspark's problem is that he doesn't want 5 to happen.
No no thats not what I'm about at all. I did however figure out what it was. :P
QuoteI still can't replicate this. I tried this:
It was most likely a sticky key that was stuck down while i clicked the right button.  :D

Cheers,
Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk